1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone read the Inheritance trilogy? [Eragon trilogy]

Discussion in 'Reader's Corner' started by Moses, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Moses Banned

So far, two of it's three books have been released, has anyone read books one and two? If you have what did you think of them? What did you think of the ending of Eldest? What grater purpose do you suppose Roran has? What is your theory for the rock of Kuthian, the Menowa tree, and the vault of souls"

when you need a wepon, and your power is insufficient, look under the roots of a menowa tree

And I don't remember what he said about the vault of souls :amuse

Tags:
  2. Uncle Lunchwagon gene pool style

im just starting to re-read them.

i enjoyed them alot
    to be honest..i dont even remember the end of eldest
    i vaguely remember mortagh going to the dark side and there was a big war thingy?
    i havent read these books since like....last summer.

there hasnt even been a clue to what those three things could mean...has there? i dont remember one.

3. Perverse Crow Black Harm

This is my favourite series. Apparently Paolini is going to start writing the third one when the movie is released.

4. Sirexais Licking Master

As for the movie, I have yet to decide if I will see it. Looks low budget

5. Wolfy Only dream I ever have...

Loved the books though.
    Loved my friend for getting me Eragon signed by CP. even more.

-Obi

6. Moses Banned

oh my god... a sighned copy of Eragon? :wtf

7. DannyG RAWR

I have read both books and I own the second but it has been awhile...

8. Moose Banned

Yep, finished the 2nd book in September 2005. Waiting for the third book and the movie which comes out in december this year.

9. Kool ka lang -----------

wait...is he starting to write it when the movie comes out? or is it coming out when the movie comes out?:huh

10. Chojuto Member

11. Tea And Cookies! This is the sound of settling

Yeah, I love the sereis, but I'm nervous about the movie, and am getting impatient for the last one to come out

12. Haku2099 Hunter-Ninja

Eragon is perhapse one of the best book seriese I've read, it's one of the few serise that portrays dragons as the good guys, I know that there are quite a few that make them out as good creatures, but there seem to be more that portray them as evil.

13. Dark Wanderer Lonesome Crow

Paolini is a great author and leaves no stone unturned, I enjoyed all four books. I feel like the final battle with Galbatorix in Inheritance could've been a bit more drawn out but everything ended on a good note and I'm hoping for a follow up series sometime soon.

14. DemonDragonJ He who dances with death

I have read all four books of this series, and I enjoyed them, but they did feel very derivative of both Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. I am almost the same age as the author, and I recall being very envious when the first book was published, because I was in high school at that time, and was intending to pursue a career as a writer, before changing my career choice to technical support.

The first book clearly shows that the author was an amateur when he wrote it, but each successive book displays him growing and developing as a writer, which I very much enjoyed. Paolini said that he planned to eventually revisit the world of Alagaesia, but there he has not been in the news since the series ended, so I wonder what he has been doing.

@Dark Wanderer, actually, there were quite a number of unsolved mysteries at the end of the series, and I detailed each of them in a discussion thread that I started some time ago, but I shall recap them, here, in no particular order:

First, at the beginning of the fourth book, Eragon loses possession of the belt of Beloth the wise, an artifact of great power, and he initially is very concerned about regaining it, but then eventually completely forgets about it as the book progresses.

Second, Angela's origins, and the exact nature of her powers, and never explained, but Paolini hinted that he deliberately kept her mysterious, so she may not ever be given a full backstory.

Third, Eragon meets a weird and eccentric hermit named Tenga in the third book, but who he is and what he is doing are never explained, and he appears in only a single chapter and is scarcely ever mentioned after that.

Fourth, when on the island of Vroengard, Eragon sees a group of hooded humanoid figures at night, who are not present the next day, and are never mentioned, again.

Fifth, during the battle at Uru-Baen, Roran is nearly killed, but is rescued by a mysterious woman accompanied by two children, but her name is never revealed, nor is she ever mentioned, again.

Sixth, a tree in the elven homeland (whose name I cannot recall) extracts a payment from Eragon, but the exact nature of that payment is never specified.

There may be more than those, but those are the examples that I can most easily recall.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Dumbluedore Snape, Snape, Severus Snape, ....!

I only watched the first movie I think, never got to read the books.

16. Dark Wanderer Lonesome Crow

The movie did not do the book justice at all.

17. Dumbluedore Snape, Snape, Severus Snape, ....!

That's good to hear! Wasn't very impressed by it.

18. Dark Wanderer Lonesome Crow

The problem with the movie is that it left out and changed a lot of things. If there are any redeeming qualities, I liked how Saphira was animated, and that scene at the end where you catch a glimpse of Shruikan, the black dragon, was cool. If you ever have a chance you should definitely read the books