1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone read The Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Discussion in 'Reader's Corner' started by Tyrael, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Tyrael I prefer the term Dream Weaver

Is it any good? I am thinking about reading it, but it is damn long so I thought I would get some reviews of it on here first.

Tags:
  2. Arios Well-Known Member

I started reading the e-book version of this quite a while ago and from what I can remember it was quite interesting. I sort of of stopped reading it though, and in hindsight I probably did so because it was an e-book and also because I was in the middle of a Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors craze and after that subsided, something else probably grabbed my attention. :p

3. Lord Yu Active Member

I've wanted to read that. I'll pick it up when I see a copy.

4. Lo$tris Super Gorl!

I will difinitely read it this summer, I`ve heard it`s really good.

5. sook sweet zombie jesus

6. Homura Puella Magi

Wasn't that book which inspired Dynasty warriors? I also heard that it was like a thousand pages long.

7. VoodooKnight Omae wa mou shinde iru.

This is definitely on my to-get list.

And even if it is a 1,000 pages, it'll probably be more entertaining than the equivalent, which is the amount of reading per semester of college. :D

8. Tyrael I prefer the term Dream Weaver

I think it might be over 1000 pages, it's apparently one of the greatest pieces of chinese literature ever and is renowned for being epic in every sense of the word (or so I'm told). Cheers for the feedback.

9. uncle jafuncle sustenance proxy

It's 120 chapters and indeed it is the inspiration for Dynasty Warriors. There's a movie coming out based upon the section regarding the Battle of Chi Bi/Red Cliffs.

Anyway, if you read it just out of interest in Dynasty Warriors you might lose interest about 2/3 of the way through because by about chapter 80 roughly 75% of the playable characters are dead. If you're interested in historical novels or China you'll love it. If you're into war/strategy it will be entertaining to you as well. If you enjoyed Dynasty Warriors and don't mind reading through every single character's death then you'll probably like it as well.

10. analyticalkeys Scotty J

I have all four books, it's a good read, but keep in mind one thing. This is definitely a historical novel and not a novel. The story will be spoiled most of the time just by the long chapter titles. I found it fascinating and at one point in life, I made them my primary study. Definitely invest in these books.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  11. koalakid huntin down the easter beagle

i love4d the book it was long but worth it. and i love the dynasty warriors series beat all of them and love all of them.

12. zagman505 Shakou, Hitsuki!

i read it a while back, it was pretty good. i probably didn't enjoy it so much at the time considering i was in like... 8th grade, but oh well. it is definitely regarded as one of the greatest chinese classics, and probably deserves that title. i think i liked outlaws of the marsh more though.

13. Freiza Banned

i have heard it was good but my library does not have it...so i cant help you but with a promise ill read it later.