1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Fanclubs Reorganisation:
    We're consolidating the fanclub subsections on 07/08/2017. For more information, visit this thread
  3. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  4. Hi guys. As you can tell we're on an org domain now. This isn't permanent, more details can be found here.
  5. Think you have the best waifu? Come and prove that your waifu is the best in the first ever NF Waifu Competition!
    Please submit any and all notifications in the link below: "
    NF Waifu Popularity Tournament

6. The latest NF Newsletter is out (August), read it here
  7. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

8. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Hayate the Combat Butler

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by Scorpio3.14, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

^Which was why I said it was unintentional. :lmao

2. Drunkenwhale Starlit Artist

3. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Hina-tan...I'm glad Hinagiku declined. As cute a nickname as it may be, it'd be weird to see Hayate calling her that, I think.

And it looks like this small Tama arc is about to get interesting but I'm still hoping things lead back to Luca soon.

4. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

I like how the start of the chapter felt kind of random when it addressed the fact that Nagi hasn't been going to school lately. Hopefully, they'll be back in school at some point because there's always tons of storyline material just waiting to plundered.

5. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Scan for ch.285 (http://reddevilshn.wordpress.com/2010/08/26/hayate-no-gotoku-chapter-285/) is now out.

6. Drunkenwhale Starlit Artist

7. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Well, we have a new character (or two) to look out for in future chapters. And Nagi's the last person I'd ever want to see laugh at someone else doujin works.

8. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Special Chapter (http://dkthias.wordpress.com/2010/08/27/hayate-no-gotoku-special-special-edition-released/) out now...

9. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Scanlation for Chapter 286 (http://www.mediafire.com/?gwargrti848v62o) is out.

10. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

It goes figure that the one person who finds the lost Tama is the Queen of getting lost, Isumi. :lmao

At least she had a useful tool for Tama.

And that new character certainly moves quickly :S

11. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Looks like new girl may be in the business of stirring shit up, not that I mind. She's already making for an interesting addition, imo, so I'm looking forward to more of life at the apartment with her there.

12. Drunkenwhale Starlit Artist

Heh, jealous Maria is jealous, but not as much as Nagi.

13. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Scanlation for Chapter 287 (http://hotfile.com/dl/68075119/215456d/Hayate_chapter_287_reddevilshn_VnSharing.net.rar.html) is out.

14. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Wow, I wonder what Yozora's true objective regarding Hayate could be?

15. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Shit, I thought she was gonna join. I guess it could always happen later once Hayate wins her over. Probably already a work in progress.

16. Amatsu Jammin' with whole wheat bread

I'm still catching up. I'm around chapter 145 right now but I love this series.

17. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Scanlation for Chapter 288 (http://reddevilshn.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/hayate-no-gotoku-chapter-288/) is out.

18. Drunkenwhale Starlit Artist

19. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

LOL, I wasn't aware that dabbling in the stock market was still part of Nagi's plan.
    Nice jab at JUMP while plugging in your own Magazine.

Ashibashi-sensei makes a reappearance and has the best line of the chapter (pg.12) :rotfl

I wonder if he really is modeled after Hayate no Gotoku's managaka?

20. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

The fourth-wall breaking this chapter...:lmao

I think it'd be cool if Nagi actually ended up improving after getting some tips, advice or a lesson from Ashibashi. Though, with the likelihood of her listening to any criticism that isn't outright praising her manga, I suppose a Plan D may be in order.

I wonder if Maria will end up joining the gang at their visit to the studio later on. Not that I'm complaining but there seemed to be little point to showing her overhearing the conversation otherwise so I do hope she pops up over there. Much lulz would be sure to follow, considering Ashibashi probably still thinks she's a man.

21. Drunkenwhale Starlit Artist

Hata's got to make money somehow, the poor guy was (and possibly still is) struggling with debt. It'll be a while before he can afford and apartment like Ashibashi-sensei.

Maybe Ashibashi-sensei is the embodiment of Hata's dreams? Hit Mangaka, wonderful apartment, rich? Seems like the perfect dream for a starving artist.

(I too share that dream Hata-Sensei, I too share that dream...)

And Nagi, thanks for the info... Granted I don't think Sunday would take Manga from a foreigner and I think Lulu is a much better choice for me...

22. Mider T VM Rapist

Something tells me the 4th wall is about to come crumbling down.

23. Amatsu Jammin' with whole wheat bread

I just got caught up. I can't wait to see what kind of arc this will turn into but I'm surprised they still haven't made a Love Hina reference.

Even so is there speculation that Shiranui is somehow Hayate's brother transformed into a cat for some reason?

and I hope that somehow we'll see Nagi get back the inheritance. That and I hope we see more Hayate x Athena action this arc along with some Hayate x Hinagiku.

I really wonder who the new villain will be.

24. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

Scan for ch.289 (http://raw1st.com/?p=285) is out.

25. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Uh, Azumamiya sure is on a different path than I remember. Some of that background for him felt like it was pulled out of nowhere, though I guess the wackiness of that fits this manga.

If he's sticking around for a while, I hope his new little rivalry with Ayumu is amusing because without Nonohara at his side, I don't really have much incentive to look forward to Azumamiya's presence.

In any case, I'm glad things have finally lead back to Luca. Maybe she can actually make a two consecutive chapter appearance this time.

26. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

I almost forgot about Azumamiya. I didn't expect him to have a visceral reaction to Ayumu. As for Nagi, reality can be cruel. Well, at least she now realizes the gap between her work and a real mangaka's.

27. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

Scanlation for Chapter 290 (http://hotfile.com/dl/72920202/373cc76/Hayate_chapter_290_reddevilshn_raw1st.com.rar.html) is out.

28. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Anime Enthusiast Administrator

It seemed really weird for Nagi to be down about her manuscripts. Afterall, the running joke of the series has been her unfounded confidence in drawing manga.

I guess geniuses are one of the more fragile creatures.

And I'm guessing it's Chiharu's whose going to be key in helping Nagi out of her current funk.

29. Random Member That One Guy Advisor

I agree, it certainly did feel weird since it was Nagi of all people. Maybe she'll become just a little more humble because of this experience.

30. Amatsu Jammin' with whole wheat bread

Meh I always figured that Nagi will get her inheritance back somehow or another so somehow this little development will end up meaning nothing.