1. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice

2. The second Alley Banner contest is finally here! Come check it out here for details
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and PM your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Heaven,Hell & The Afterlife

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by DarkRaven7789, Jun 2, 2007.

1. DarkRaven7789 Kamehameha?

Were these things a product of somebody's fear of death?Are they just concepts or are they real?Have you ever thought that when you kick the bucket,that it may really be the end?

Tags:
  2. Juubi Active Member

I've always thought that since no one has ever undeniably returned from the grave, that anything could happen once you croaked. However, since both Heaven and Hell are products of human imagination, and their reality has yet to be confirmed, I believe that it is the most rational choice to live your life as if you would cease to exist when you die. It becomes a LOT more important to live a full, unwasted life if this is what you believe.

3. DarkRaven7789 Kamehameha?

Maybe people just believe in heaven and the afterlife to have to look forward to after they die.And maybe hell is there just to keep people in check.

4. TiGel2. Well-Known Member

dude, do you see the multitude of other topics covering parts of the vast amount of questions that arise from your generalized questions.

5. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

yes they are all made up obviously since they make zero sense and contradict themselves

6. DarkRaven7789 Kamehameha?

Yes i do but for some weird reason my mind is telling me that that is not a valid reason to stop posting these of threads.Oh and I dont really care whether or not you like it but i'll just act like i actually do care.

7. GrimaH Absurdist

lol, your replying to his post shows you care.

8. DarkRaven7789 Kamehameha?

Yes,i do really care GrimaH.I really am a nice guy.

9. erictheking Overly rare

How can one say that heaven & hell are factually simply products of the human imagination?

10. Elyon CP9 Liason

Because they are. The concepts of 'Heaven' 'Hell' and the 'Afterlife' are all things someone came up with to explain what happens after you croak.

For all anyone knows, we all become Gods and get to create our own Earths.

11. DarkRaven7789 Kamehameha?

Heaven & hell are simply products of the human imagination.

Restate your question so it makes more sense.

12. erictheking Overly rare

Exactly. So heaven & hell are also possible realities correct? Which would cease them simply being imagination, and becoming reality. Keyword "simply". Imagination is, just that, "simply imagination" implies false imagination.

13. rawwr Tryin' to be nice.

For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.
    - Ecclesiastes 9:5

14. erictheking Overly rare

That doesn't affect every other concept of the afterlife that exists outside of Jewstianity.

15. The Juggernaut Mini-Ichi

Interestingly enough the modern concept of Hell that most people envision when they think of it was a creation of Dante's when he wrote the "Divine Comedy" which just goes to show how malleable the concepts of heaven and hell are.

16. Serena_Ahnell You Trust Me, Don't You Baby?

I'm not sure if Heaven and Hell exist, or if there is an afterlife. I don't know what to make of it really. The idea is exciting and terrifying at the same time because, to me, the afterlife, heaven, and hell are about accountability.

Everyone has/or will do something that someone else will consider unforgivable. Some scores cannot be satisfied in life the way that the slighted would dearly wish. Heaven and Hell, and whatever equivalents exist in other religions, are all about the human desire for responsibility (You have to own up to your actions), order (There is this and that. The divine cannot be chaotic to most people's standards), and accountability (You now have to pay for your actions).

You drowned ten children and never got caught? Well, you've got that on your eternal soul plus the feverent wishes of ten families that you suffer. It's the inevitable and the inescapable that makes humanity feel better if they buy into the afterlife because it supports the reason to live a good life as best they can so they don't get fucked in the next one. It's also why lots of folks end up converting later in life. It's what they believe to be an insurance policy.

For some people the thought of, "I was born. I lived. I died." is crushing. The potential afterlife makes the thought of inevitable death less frightening. It eases the pain of mortality for some people.

17. Fuujin ̣

I tend not to believe in realities theorized by others. So I'm gonna go with:
    You aren't conscious of anything, your brain is dead, you rot in the ground. Almost like a dreamless sleep that you never wake up from.

As a side note it's not too good to dwell on death when you have the opportunity to enjoy life.

18. Tenrow Silver Wolf

The afterlife was created by humans to give a sense of comfort that we aren't going to just rot in the ground when we die, when in actuality that is the sad sad truth.

Heaven and Hell were created as a sense of justice. If you do bad things, overall bad things will happen to you, although you may not experience it until after you die. Or everything that you do on this earth can reflect your next life.

I truly hate the existence of "heaven and hell" with a passion.

19. rawwr Tryin' to be nice.