1. Halloween Drawing Contest is happening now!
    drawing contest 04
    Click [HERE] to join up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

heaven real or not?

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by shizuru, Jul 24, 2005.

1. shizuru

I just wanted to know what every one thinks of heaven. Does it exist in real life? or was it somthing created by Religious fanatics years ago to stop people from going crazy about death:huh

Tags:
  2. I believe heaven is real because it makes me happy to do so. But if it isn't, then we just die, big deal.

3. Chamcham Trigger

My father once told me that heaven and hell are what you make of it. If you lead a happy life then you are living in heaven. If you lead a miserable life....then it's hell. I think he told me some other stuff for it to make more sense, but I was 4 or 5 when he told me so I can't remember that well anymore. I should ask him what that means exactly again.

4. Gunshin

Heaven is an idea, a faith. If it was 100% real, than it wouldn't be a faith or an idea, it'd be a Government. People are always out to prove if religous ideas are true or not, when in fact, knowing if it was 100% true would destroy both the purpose and the meaning.

5. Aldredian_Sahn

Hey! I like that idea. Go Kakashi! Either way, I know that heaven is real.

6. stormbreak

Well once you are dead, if there is a heavan or helll you are there, if there isn't then you will rest for eternity.

7. Baki

I'll start caring when i get there.

8. Ichimaru Gin

:blink

:huh

9. Siavash

if they have hot chick there yes it excist.
    just kidding uhm i dont thing heaven excist cuz ..uhm
    if you are 80years old and you die and you go to heaven do you still be 80years cuz if you are you are really weak and cant do annything

10. Akamaru Mask

Hmmmm... I'm not sure it matters if heaven is rel or not, it just gives a person something to believe in. Hope can get one through even the worst times, hope that things will get better, perhaps the real heaven is the feeling of devotion to something that gives you the courage to carry on.

11. Haik

Smart father you have there, never thought somebody would ever say this...

12. akuma no omoigakenai saku

I gotta ask. How could you possibly know that. You might not doubt it, but that doesn't mean you know it. It just means you have faith in its existence.

But then, I guess, no one really knows anything.

:blink

13. Aldredian_Sahn

I know that heaven is real because I know that the Father is real. I don't just have no doubt in it, but I know. :amuse :laugh

14. CrazyMoronX

Heaven is real, why? Because I said so.

Simple enough.. and you can't really refute my evidence, as I had none.

15. OtacontheOtaku

There's a misconception on what exactly heaven itself is. Most people who believe or don't, whether they realize it or not, are thinking of a city in the clouds. This of course being not true in the least =_= . Symbolism is used to represent what it will be LIKE, not what it is. The main thing people manage to do in all religious texts is fail to realize that in the days it was written, they didn't have the descriptive terms we do. When they talk about "fiery chariots" or mighty "flying serpents" flying in the sky, they don't mean a romanesque chariot floating through the sky or an actual serpant flying through the sky, they are referring to a craft beings are riding in that emit flames or are cigar or serpent shaped, descriptions fitting many UFO sightings nowadays, another story though.

The symbolism is used to represent a world they couldn't put into the simplistic text that was Sumerian/Akkadian/Hebrew/etc. The same goes for heaven. It has been surmised by quantum theory analysts that the "soul" exists outside of time, i.e. the 5th dimesion (as Time-Space is in the 4th, us being the 3rd, and pong being in the second). It's also surmised we're never completely in the 3rd dimension, as Einstein proved that there is another force within the human existence, a soul if you will, while studying the effects of magnets on the human body. So it could be said when we die we completely slide into the 5th Dimension with our existences. Now, the whole universe functions on vibrations (Chaos theory alert) and as such by causing a positive or negative vibration your existence becomes more stable (brighter) or more unstable (darker). This would explain why the true "Hell" (Hell by the way is an antiquated term for a cold dark place to store potatoes) is referred to as non-existence, a state of being completely alone or distabilized. Negative vibrations could be called "Sin", but I feel that that's not quite right, as some negative vibrations, such as radiation (radiation causes some seriously negative vibrations as it is nothing but a destructive force), are harder to feel. I would say anything used to harm another soul could be considered negative vibration and as Chaos theory states "when a butterfly flaps it's wings on one side of the world it creates a tornado on the other", same principle could be applied, but also, since space-time is curved those vibrations could make their way back to you, an explanation of karma/darma.

Thinking about this... I guess you could say heaven would be having a stable enough existence to exist in the 5th dimension. Beyond that, to incarnation and such, I have no clue whatsoever. These are just my random thoughts on the matter of a heaven.

Remember, the Bible itself can't be relied on for this sort of thing... =_= read my posts here: Ask KnK! and the second part here: Ask KnK! to understand why.

16. Miss CCV

I wonder about this from time to time. I guess the only way we can find out is when we officially die (not through suicide though. I still think you'll end up in "hell" for doing so).

17. Anthriel

If there is heaven, as in eternal life, I would try to get into Buddhism instead.
    Eternal life sounds like eternal boredom and therefore pretty much hell to me.
    I wonder why the people in the middle ages didn't think of that. I cannot remember a single philosoph dealing with that problem.

/e: Oh, and the standard answer: No one knows, and there is no way to find out in life. People who claim they can prove either are wrong. :amuse

18. minnatrix

Who the hell cares, it's not like we can tell you if it exists.

19. Ryuhoukills

no one knows for sure if there is a heaven but if there is one, then i hope that it would be perfect, otherwise it'd be a little boring.

20. Eden Prime

If Heaven IS real, it has the worst postal service in all existance. Bitches never write back.

21. stormbreak

lmao:p they are like santa, all those pressies he never gave me :sad :mad

22. KnightstaR

i believe theres no point even thinking about wethere its real or not because you will never know till you get there. end of.

23. EternalHatred

A few choices I came across:
    1. Heaven exists, and 'good' people go to heaven after death.
    2. Heaven doesn't exist. When you die, you die. You're gone.
    3. Heaven or hell, all is starts on earth.
    4. Heaven and hell is life.

24. Luffy2692

but youll never know if you cant go there because you didnt care enough to try.

anyway, i heard a very religious version of a view point of heaven and hell. made alot of sense, or atleast made me think. on earth, it is our duty to accept god's love through our actions and not sinning. this doesnt cause god not to love us, it only seperates us from his love. once we die, its not really a matter of if you were good or not but if you want to continue recieving god's love. to choose not to accept god's love is heaven in itself but not to, is the greatest misery of all, making this hell. dont flame me for religious beliefs but i thought that was really something to ponder. its not word from word so if i left out something, be creative and come up with your own idea of heaven.

25. explicitkarma

These two posts sum up my view on Heaven and religion. While I don't know what is of Heaven in the sense of an afterlife, I believe that Heaven and Hell are wonderful metaphorical descriptions for life in this world. Like chamchamtrigger's father said, life is what you make of it. I believe that the consequences of living a good life are that of peice of mind. There is nothing more blissful than peice of mind. Subjectively, the mind is existance via perception and retrospection. The same can go for those who have lived a terrible life. If they do not suffer through guilt in retrospection, they will suffer by perceiving the consequences of their actions at the hands of others, a form of social karma if you will. The picture of Heaven painted in the Bible is that of bliss. The picture of Hell painted in the Bible is that of suffering. I believe that, in this life at least, heaven and hell is what you make out of reality.

Also, gunshin pointed out my view on religion as well. It is a pet peeve of mine when people claim that they know what they cannot comprehend. The reason that the afterlife and spiritual beings are linked with faith is because we are not able to comprehend and prove these concepts in our current stage of humanity. The purpose of faith is believing, not proving; an idea, not a fact. As gunshin pointed out, to prove a faith would destroy it's purpose and meaning, as a faith at least.

26. jier2232

i don belive in heavan coz when there is heavan, there is hell, so i think it is better if we die n go to a place called soul society....

27. skunkworks

I don't necessarily believe everything written here, but it's interesting nonetheless.

28. Chintsuzai

I don't think there's a heaven.. ^^; It's more like some wish that there is cause humans want to have somewhere to go when they die... so I don't really believe in it.. But I guess I'll just find out when I die XP

29. marora

n

heaven is what we want it to be.
    a convergence of billions of particles that make up our "souls" science
    a place were poeple go when there good "religoius"
    a place made up to keep us from thinking about death, and keep us obeying poeple. cynisist

i am inclined to agree with the scientist and the cyninisyt

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  30. Uchiha_Clan_Rocks

ok my thoughts

if u Doubt if theirs a heaven or hell then your a moron

of course there?s a heaven and a hell
    when you die u don?t just chill in the ground talking to the worms

hell no (hell no hahaha its a pun) your soul goes sum where

whether it be eternal bliss or torment
    you go some where

The time we live in now shuns the thought of religion because its "unethical"

well there going to hell

i honestly don?t care about this thread because i know where im going

do u?

(it sounds like a commercial:nuts )