1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello!

Discussion in 'Academy Registration' started by TrogdorMan, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrogdorMan Creator of cacophony

Germany
    Hey there.
    I am a man of roughly 2-3 names, but instead of those, you can call me TrogdorMan.

My favorite kind of media is music, but this anime thing is pretty cool too. I like some weird music: noise rock, doom/drone metal, etc. That said, normal music isn't too bad either.
    My hobbies include: playing guitar/writing music, and playing video games. I'd like to add reading, and watching anime to that list once I start doing those things more regularly.
    My favorite anime shows so far are FLCL, Dragonball Z, Kill La Kill, and possibly some others, which isn't a lot, but I'm working on it.
    Another fun fact: I went to Tokyo this past December. I don't have too many wild stories about the trip, but it was really cool.
    If you'd like to know anything else, you can always ask.

Tags:
  2. Mider T VM Rapist

Can I ask you what your 2-3 other names are?

3. TrogdorMan Creator of cacophony

Germany
    I was hoping no one would ask that, but I did leave myself open to that. If you must know, and it's kinda disappointing, I'm talking about my first, middle, and last names.

4. Mider T VM Rapist

5. Nataly Banned

You're into music a lot, do you write music for a band or just for yourself when you feel inspired?
    Did you go to Tokyo just for pleasure?

6. TrogdorMan Creator of cacophony

Germany
    I currently just write music for myself. I've done recordings that have other instruments from the GarageBand app, but I'm not in an actual band, though I'd like to be someday.
    And my Tokyo trip was just for fun, yeah. My friend who studies abroad came up with the idea forever ago, and he was going to be there over winter break so I met up with him.

7. Nataly Banned

That sounds so creative! What kind of genre are your recordings? Rock? The more practice, the better you'll get at it, so I wish
    good luck with that!

Lucky you. I hope I'll get to visit Tokyo one of these days. Were you impressed with it? Did it meet your expectations?

8. TrogdorMan Creator of cacophony

Germany
    Mainly rock, but I like to branch out every now and then.

It was certainly very impressive to me visually. The sheer amount of tall buildings was crazy. I liked the atmosphere a lot, especially when it was dark out, or during sunset. All the lights at Akihabara were great, and they had buses that drove around the area advertising anime and blasting J-Pop. The only thing that didn't meet my expectations were the arcades. I was expecting a lot of rhythm and fighting games, just regular arcade cabinets like that, but all the arcades I found were just floors and floors of crane games.

9. White Wolf Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums, have fun and enjoy. If you need anything feel free to reach out.

10. Don King Pirate King

11. baconbits Super Moderator

Welcome to NF. Got lots of musicians on the forum. I'm a bassist myself but I mess with the clarinet a little bit.

12. TrogdorMan Creator of cacophony

Germany
    Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone.

Good to know! Is there much musical collaboration between members on here? I'd love to get involved with something like that if there is.

13. baconbits Super Moderator

Not that I know of. @aiyanah tried to do something like that once but it fizzled out when my mic turned out to be crappy.

14. Nataly Banned

Your musical preferences are not very traditional, which is awesome! Good luck with getting in a band :thumbsup

Those skyscrapers will do the trick and they have a certain vibe. How long did you stay there?
    That does sound weird about the arcades. You would think they would all be modern and updated, but maybe that was the beauty of it to try to keep it old-school.

15. TrogdorMan Creator of cacophony

Germany
    I had 6 days actually in Tokyo, and 2 days of being at airports and sitting on planes.

They seemed more modern than your average crane game, to be fair. I guess they're technically called "UFO Catchers." A lot of them had just one prize in them, but it was something more expensive like a figurine.

16. Nataly Banned

I would imagine it is a long flight back and forth.
    6 days might sound like enough time, but I bet it wasn't enough at all. Will you like to come back and check out other areas you haven't been to?

Antiques items usually cost more. I've never heard of UFO Catchers, but will be fun to play them.

17. TrogdorMan Creator of cacophony

Germany
    Yeah, for sure. I don't know if I'll ever get the opportunity to go back, but I hope I can. Who knows? Maybe if I get that band going, I can tour Japan someday.

18. Real123456 Well-Known Member

My grandmother went to Japan once, nut I've never been there.

19. Luceus Banned

I didn't get to visit Akiba when I went to Tokyo. Went to Nakano Broadway though.

Tokyo is indeed impressive in its density and orderliness.

21. Dean Ambrose .

Yo Welcome young fella.

Careful with the stink, our mod here Stunk up the joint :maybe

22. Bontakun ♪ Rin-chan now! ♫ Moderator

TrogdorMan has hung out in the same room with me for over an hour, so he knows I don't stink :hmpf

Unlike some fair weather friends :maybe

23. Dean Ambrose .

I'm not fair though :distracted

24. TrogdorMan Creator of cacophony

Germany
    Yeah. I remember I startled you, and I thought I was going to have to break out the tomato juice, but to my surprise it smelled like freshly cut roses and pine trees. You could make a ton of money if you bottled that stuff and sold it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.