1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Help with the rundll32.exe file

Discussion in 'Tech Hub' started by RealaMoreno, Dec 4, 2005.

1. RealaMoreno H?herer Krieger

We all know this file and I know it could possibly be a worm, I don't think it is, I scanned it with AVG, and it didn't turn up with anything. However, if I bring up my task manager, it shows there's 3 or 4 rundll32 processes running, just wanted to know what this was.

Tags:
  2. Shunsui Think. Supporting Staff Advisor

Google is your fwiend. :3

3. RealaMoreno H?herer Krieger

I've tried google and that site and neuber. It let me know it was necessary to run certain files but could also be a worm. I have two of these processes going in my task manager, yet I'm unsure if I should go to the systems folders and simply delete the .exe file or what, I don't want to delete somethign that's going to come back and bite me in the hard later...well it can later, but after I get a new pc...

4. Shunsui Think. Supporting Staff Advisor

lol, I dare you to delete that .exe. It won't totally fuck your OS up at all. :laugh

Okay. It is built into Windows. Multiple programs use it to load the dlls necessary for themselves to operate, and hence, it appears in the processes multiple times.

Reading that site I gave you + using some logic shouldn't make that too hard a concept to grasp. :s

5. RealaMoreno H?herer Krieger

Wow, you very little about computers.

I KNOW if it's deleted, my OS will be in trouble. Good GAWD LISTEN! It's possible for it to be a worm. A simple "Multiple programs use it to load the dlls necessary for themselves to operate, and hence, it appears in the processes multiple times." Would've answered the question, but you felt like you had to be a sarcastic ass, not only here, but in another thread. SO GOOD JOB!

6. Meijin Smile

How did you get on the internet?

7. RealaMoreno H?herer Krieger

I didn't delete the file if that's what you're getting at. I've isolated the problem myself, it was a worm as I had suspected. Topic can be closed.

8. Meijin Smile

No, because what you're asking about is just basic computer knowledge. REALLLLLLLLY basic.

9. RealaMoreno H?herer Krieger

Thanks for the help you didn't give. :)