1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Herb from Ranma1/2 v.s Luffi from OP

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by Hamaru, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Hamaru Semi-Active

One one side you gave the god of Ki, on the other out streched out friend Luffi. Who would win?

( I thnk Herb)

Tags:
  2. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Herb's too slow. Luffy wins in the long run..

3. vagnard Well-Known Member

slow? do you even read Ranma 1/2 manga?. How Luffy could avoid the Soaring Dragon Spirit? Herb flies into the air and flies past his opponent. When doing this he launches an energy blast at the ground causing it to ricochet and hit his opponent from an impossible angle. All of this happens so fast most opponents don't know what hit them. Ranma couldn't even follow his movements.

4. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

I read the whole manga and read my favorites parts every now and then. Read my text, Herb is too slow to keep up with Luffy. Luffy dosen't have to be near Herb to attack him/her.

5. Hamaru Semi-Active

So you think that Luffi is faster then Ranma?

6. ~Shin~ Spectacular Insanity

Isn't this the wrong place to put this thread?
    ^And yea, ranma is way faster than luffy

7. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Ranma's reflexes are off the chart, also the speed and accuracy of his punches.

8. Hamaru Semi-Active

Exactly so how would Herb keep up with ranma and not Luffi???

9. G-Wolf The force....

That's nothing compaired to what Gear 2 Luffy can do.

10. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Because Ranma didn't know what he was going up against at first. As soon as Ranma figured out Hreb's attack, Herb went down.

keep in mind that this is near the start of the manga.

11. G-Wolf The force....

Oh,so how fast is Herb anyway?

12. Hamaru Semi-Active

I like the way you think just to let you know:amuse

But remember that Ranma is a Hella good fighter because he Thinks a lot in a fight! He is one of the few people who is, strong, powerful, fast and smart in a fight. Luffi does not think to much and would not be able to figger out Herb like Ranma did.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  13. Hamaru Semi-Active

he is pretty fast..Luffi is most likelt faster thogh. But Herb has way more Ki

14. G-Wolf The force....

Luffy moves faster thna a guy that can move faster thna the eye could see.Luffy was speedblitzing Blueon who can move faster than the eye could see,hell Blueon couldn't even see Luffy.And not to mention that Luffy can destroyed buildings with his punches and is class 100+.

Luffy destroyed a gigantic ship with just his foot and this was in his weakest version.gear 2 Luffy is way beyond his base strength.

15. Scorpio3.14 mmmmm....pi

Ok, what has Gear 2 Luffy done that when compared to those Ranma feats makes them look like nothing? (and yes, I do read One Piece and have seen Gear 2 Luffy fight.)

You do realize that Herb dosnt have to be near Luffy to attack him either right? Herb's Ki attacks were the best in all of Ranma. Also, Herb was atleast as fast as Ranma was, did you see their first encounter? Even before the Ryu Sei Hisho Herb was making Ranma look like a weakling and attacking so that Ranma was barely able to keep up.

Also, what are you talking about "As soon as Ranma figured out Hreb's attack, Herb went down."? Even once Ranma figured out Herb's attack he was still getting beat by Herb and was only barely able to win. In fact he would have lost if Ryouga and Mouse didnt show up to save him at one point.

16. vagnard Well-Known Member

Ranma didn't defeat Herb thanks to his speed. Onna Ranma is faster than male Ranma and she couldn't even follow the dragon ki and the soaring dragon....Ranma defeated Herb only when he figured how to counter his ki with the new version of Hiryu Shoten Ha. It hasn't anything with speed. Herb was easily as fast as Ranma or even faster using the soaring dragon.

It's hard to believe you read the manga if you believe that Herb is too slow for Ranma when they had similar speeds....Herb was easily faster than Ryoga who can hold his own against Ranma. If you have someone slow in Ranma you can look Akane or Kuno...not Herb.

The only way Luffy has to keep with Herb or Ranma's speed is to use the gear....and the steam and the heat will make him an easy prey for Hiryu Shoten Ha.

17. Hamaru Semi-Active

This is true! You guys talk about streangth but one of Herbs men were able to split the ground in HALF! I'm sure he has delt with strong people befor and spliting a ship is not much of anything....Herb could do the same. As for speed Ranma is able to move faster then the eyes can see and keep up with the speed. Ranma Would be able to see Luffi's attack with no problem. But he had a hard time keeping up with Herb.

18. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Seeing that Herb is a Ki abusing monster, Scratch that, he is fast.

The true nature of the Ryu Sei Hisho.

19. vagnard Well-Known Member

How that's nothing?. Ranma characters can move too faster than the eye can see...you can see that in many mangas.

I have yet to see Luffy punch so fast that hundreds of punches looks like a single punch in a specific spot. And that was at the beginning of the manga. With Umisenken Ranma would make Luffy his bitch in an instant.

20. Hamaru Semi-Active

Once again true! Not to mention that Ranma was able to paralize Kuna using only his feet and it looked like one kick! Ranma's Skill simply outclasses Luffi's.

21. Megadoomer Member

Luffy is incredibly smart when it comes to fighting. For some examples, he notices that Buggy's feet are the only part of him that can't fly, he figures out Crocodile's weakness after one short one-sided fight with him, he hits Kuro when Kuro is moving at Soru speed, and he manages to destroy Enel's giant country-destroying Raigoh using a giant golden weight that Enel basically fused to his hand by using the gold as a conductor to absorb all the electricity in the attack.

22. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

I re-read that book. sorry everybody, Herb is as fast as fuck.

23. Hamaru Semi-Active

LOL that really did make me lol! I do lile the fact that you staind by what you think thoghsmile-big

24. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Herb wins, Ki blades FTW
    Spoiler:

25. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Most of the important points have already been said. Fact of the thread is that Herb should beat Ranma on paper (in fact, would have in the manga if not for the timely rescue of Ryouga). Ranma managed to outsmart him and trick Herb into defeating himself (essentially).

Unless Luffy has superior Ki control, he can't use the same method Ranma used. And if we assume Ranma > Luffy I can't see how Herb wouldn't win.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  26. Hamaru Semi-Active