1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Hero Book

Discussion in 'Naruto Translations' started by Merciless, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Merciless

Someone upload the hero book to there server. (i cant find there post again so sorry i aint mentioned you) Just wondering if someone could translate it, the naruto part is about the same size as a regular chapter, but with alot more writing.

Once again thx to the guy who upload it.

pen moustache[2005-18] One Piece and Naruto Hero Book.zip

Tags:
  2. Mizura

Anyway, this confirms a few things. B)

Shikamaru's still a chuunin.

Diddo for Iruka.

End of argument.

3. Merciless

How do you know that? and this aint an argument thread.

4. Mizura

It's written in the hero book. I know the kanji for middle, it's a rectangle with a vertical bar across the center. It's written Chuunin right next to Shikamaru, and again next to Iruka.

For Temari and Kankurou, it's written Jounin, so it's not the pre-timeskip rankings.

5. Merciless

o0o0o coolio

6. TenshiOni

Darn, that sorta sucks. Even though he didn't say it (I was hoping he'd think it would've been too troublesome to say it) I was hoping Shikamaru was a Special Jounin all of the examiners for the Chuunin Exam in the beginning of the series were.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  7. Code

They could very well be going by what is known so far. Or clearly stated.

*remains optimistic about shikamaru...

8. Mizura

It also refers to Temari, Kankurou and Gaara as Sunagakure's Three Siblings. Whoot! According to Chocobo, it apparently also states that Gaara is the "strongest Kazekage". I guess he got unlucky when facing Deidara. Poor Naruto's still a genin of course. :cool Say... that small arrow pointing from Naruto to Sakura... is it just me or is suki written on top of it? Suki means "like" unless I'm mistaken. XD Or does it simply refer to their friendship?

I can't help with the rest though. >_< I don't know that much Japanese. I'm really curious as to what they're saying in that tiny caption with Shikamaru, Sakura and Hinata. Probably something random though...

9. Arcanis

Well i just downloaded that and it looks pretty cool, but what is it? some kind of mini databook? is it official or fan-made?

I'm guessing it came out with 254, right? it'd be coold if we could get a translation and you scanlate it ^^ but if it's not official then i don't care........

I uploaded it here: Sannin Summon FC

10. Nono

YES, proof Gaara is not a weak kage!

it's stated in the book that Gaara is the strongest Kazekage:laugh

it's an official mini databook, and is called 翔の書 - the Book of Flying.

Also, this could be a sneak preview of the 3rd databook...

yup, it's a "bonus book" that comes with next week's issue of shonen jump.

btw, i tried to post this in a new thread a few hours ago at House of Uzumaki, just wouldn't work so i gave up. This had better not happen on Monday...

11. Lucero del Alba

haha, we all knew that gaara wasn't a weak kazekage, he's jesus, lol. Did you see the previous kazekage get shankadoodled by oro in 127? <- (:laugh)At least Gaara put up a damn good fight against an akatsuki member and saved his entire village while fighting (I know oro left, but ex or current) while the last one just stood there and took it. I'm not gonna start a gaara>oro argument, but I think we all know he wouldn't just get pwned like that (I'd vote for gaara though ^^, lol)

anyways, I wonder what kind of information is contained in the mini databook? I am really curious as to what mysteries it might reveal, what theories might be drawn from it, and what theories it might completely shut down. I am especially curious about any information on akatsuki it might contain. So I will pre-extend my massive gratitude to whoever so generously takes the time to translate this so that I might satiate my curiosity.

12. Pazuzu

Dammit, I want that book. Supplement of the new databook for part 2, it seems.

I WANT THAT BOOK.

13. Mizura

Why don't you just download it? ?_?

14. Nihongaeri

For me the most interesting part was on page 5, the second page of the information on Akatsuki. Slightly below the middle of the page on the left side is the manga cut with Deidara wearing a hat saying...

そうか?大蛇丸んとこにやった奴よりこっちが先か?うん
    souka... orochimaru n toko ni yatta yatsu yori kocchi ga saki ka... un
    I see... before the guy we sent (lit. gave) to Orochimaru's place, [we're taking care of] this one first... yeah

When this appeared in the Manga originally it wasn't entirely clear what it meant, although my assumption was that it had something to do with someone under Sasori's mind control, just like Yuura was. At any rate, now we have this caption saying...

大蛇丸の下にもサソリの「毒」がまわっている??
    orochimaru no shita nimo sasori no "doku" ga mawattte iru...?
    The "poison" of Sasori has spread to someone serving Orochimaru also...?

A tad bit interesting, I'd say. Kabuto seems to be the only candidate that's we know right now, although I suppose they could also introduce a new character.

里を守るため、砂を操る最強の砂隠れ当主!!
    sato o mamoru tame, suna o ayatsuru saikyou no sunagakure toushu!!
    Using sand to defend the village, [Gaara is] the immensely powerful current leader of Sunagakure!!

This is where Chocobo would be translating from. Strictly speaking, 'saikyou' does indeed mean 'strongest', however, here I can't see it as being a comparison, but instead just a statement. Then there's 'toushu' which is where Chocobo would have gotten Kazekage. The word 'toushu', however, means 'current master'.
    It does indeed say 'suki'. In case you hadn't noticed yet, Naruto really does like Sakura.
    That whole portion is just about the 'hitai ate' or 'forehead guard'. The caption there is just making reference to there being multiple ways of wearing the guard.

15. Blue Retired Staff

Thanks VERY much, Nihongaeri. :)

Your efforts are appriciated, as usual.

I do hope that Otogakure's spy isn't Kabuto. It seems to me that he's too strong-minded to be Sasori's puppet; I do hope it's someone else, or Kabuto will lose a bit of respect as a strong character... (Speculations about him being in Akatsuki notwithstanding).

My bias aside (owning the Anti-Gaara fanclub and all) I can't see Gaara being the strongest Kazekage. It's true that he's the container of Shushaku; but he's only 15! Surely someone more experienced and talented like his father or a previous Kazekage could be considered stronger.

16. Mizura

Thanks for the explanations! But yes, I have noticed that Naruto likes Sakura, it's just that for it to openly state it like this seems to show that he still has a crush on her. It could have just been "friendship". ^^; sorry, this has nothing to do with things, it's just that I'm a narusaku fan, so I noticed that a bit more. But this is off-topic. Thanks!

17. Lucero del Alba

:clap Yay! Thanks for the little bit of translation, the more I know the better, lol. My mind is constantly :pwned by the translators here. I'd die without you guys, so thanks :thumbs...*wishes he could speak japanese, let alone read it* Then I'd just move to Japan so I could enjoy it all first-hand :laugh

18. TenshiOni

Thanks alot, nihongaeri. Rep for u. :wOOt

I'm under the idea that Kabuto is the one Deidara is referring to...at least, I hope. Also, does it really say that Shikamaru is still a Chuunin and not a Special Jounin?

19. Mizura

Actually it'd be more interesting if Sasuke is the one infected. That'd accelerate the Naruto vs Sasuke confrontation, and define a clear role for Sakura. No additional on the Chuunin parts, I'm pretty sure of what I've read. :cool

20. Nihongaeri

Yes, Shikamaru is indeed a Chuunin. On a side note, I might try to translate this insert, but the thing is that there really isn't all that much in the way of new information, so I'm not sure I will at this point... I have some errands to run right now, so maybe later in the day.

21. TenshiOni

:leepose Thaanks ALOT. Ur translation is much appreciated.

:sad I and I know Code are a lil saddened about the Shika thing though.

22. T?ma

Thanks for your translation, it helps for some interessant things (shika, NaruSaku and the spy ^^ personnally it was things I was not very sure...)

23. Mizura

Eh, this is all I can do. Hope it helps. :cool

Edit: putting all these up here for easier read...

According to the dictionary, the blurb between Naruto and Konohamaru: akogare, means "to long for"/"yearn for". So I think it either means that Konohamaru admires and looks up to him, or views him as a rival. When in doubt, leave untouched....

Also, the kanjis between Baki and Yuura, which is the same as the one between Yuura and Sasori, means "underling" or "subordinate", something with a relation of hierachical inferiority. But since "underling" or "subordinate" both could sound a bit off, when in doubt, again, I left it out...

Yet another edit (*twitch*): From Gaara to Naruto, there's "heart" (something) on the first line, which would refer to feelings, then the two other kanjis seem to be "pain" and "limit", they are in Chinese anyway, and checking the english translations of those two words, it came up with those Japanese kanjis as well. Then last kanji is for "save". So Naruto is the one who "saved Gaara from the limits of emotional pain". Touching eh? No idea how I'm going to put that in unless the translators can confirm it and propose a more concise version. >_<

Ho! And just having checked, Baki is "former teacher" to Gaara. I'll edit that in later...

And on those panels on Gaara and Naruto, that I was too lazy to type over (meh, will do later), it says: Gaara on the panel for Gaara (in kanji then in katakana), and Uzumaki Naruto for Naruto. You get the idea.

24. TenshiOni

You kickarse MIzura! Thank u! Reps.

EDIT: darn, can't give out more rep! someone rep for me!

25. Blue Retired Staff

I already have. :)

Thanks again, Mizura.

26. Mizura

^^; but I didn't do much. It's not like there's anything new in the little information I managed to scanlate...

Edit: Holy... just how much rep power do you have knk? :blink

27. Jiraiya_sama

shika is a chuunin+
    during the chuunin exam, only the "elite chuunin" were in charge (or was it an anime filler?)

28. Neon

Can anybody translate what the little blurb between Naruto and Konohamaru is?

Oh, and I am probably just forgetting this but there's a picture of Kabuto leading Sasuke to see Oro in there which i don?t remember in the manga, what chapter was this in?

29. Blue Retired Staff

Stop being so modest. Anyway, I had to rep you for something. :)

And... around a thousand. Happy to say it's all legitimately earned, unlike most of the other mods and admins.

30. T?ma

Thanks Mizura, it helps a bit, it's like reading a translation which is not on the pages, it's difficult, you help a lot ^^