1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Hidan is undead

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by bearzerger, Sep 27, 2006.

1. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

Well I could wait for the chapter to get out to make this thread but the summary and the spoiler pics already say enough.

What I believe is that Hidan can't be killed because he's already dead. So far we've been introduced to several concepts of invulnerability in Naruto. One is hyper regeneration like Tsunade uses and what Kabuto uses. The second one is using an artificial body like Sasori. The third one is whatever Oro uses and the last one is the shinobi being already dead, like Shodaime and Nidaime and I believe like Hidan.
    So far he hasn't shown any special regenerative abilities it's the opposite in fact he doesn't seem to care what happens to his body and he doesn't feel any pain. Even more when he uses the jutsu that links him to another human being he relishes in the pain the other, and because of that himself too, experience. There isn't enough evidence to support it but I could imagine he feeds on the life energy of his victims and this gets more and more delicious for him the more pain the victim experiences. His body clearly isn't artificial or Asuma or Shikamaru would have remarked on that and it's unlikely anyway since Kishi so far has given each Akatsuki completely different abilities.
    That leaves him already being dead and there are more than just hints which speak in favor. For one the motif "he can't be killed" and of course he can't be killed if he's already dead. Next he obviously was created with the grim reaper in mind. Not only does he use a scythe and preaches death but also his transformation make that the logical conclusion. And now he even gets decapitated but it does nothing to him. Which does seem a little bit impossible for a living being even in the Narutoverse.

Tags:
  2. Emery Active Member

Actually, Hidan does feel pain. Read ch. 322(I think). He said it hurt when Izumo and Kotetsu grinded their blades into his side.

3. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

I'm not sure whether that wasn't just Hidan's theatrics, because if he does feel real pain he should have screamed or something. He seemed to be in about as much pain from getting impaled by two swords at once as you and I do from pricking a finger with a needle.

4. Syntaxis Everything I say is true

He seems to enjoy pain or experience it different than most would.

5. Tsunade Fangirl of the KWGoD fangirls.

He feels it, he's just not a baby. Ninja's are supposed to "endure" and yes, I also think Hidan tends towards the S&M type that actually likes pain. So he felt the blades,he just didn't get theatrical about it.

6. TicoTico Smexin-teh-Hinata

I doubt Hidan will turn out to be 'undead.' What I'm thinking is he is actually immortal (and has lived for a very long time now - his headband might be that of a long since non-existant village, as has been suggested) thanks to a deal with the 'god' of his religion. This way the only way to kill him would be to make him fail his part of the 'deal', whatever the conditions might turn out to be.

7. Tsunade Fangirl of the KWGoD fangirls.

^^ I'm with you there. I think it might come back to that time limit we saw with him earlier. Back when he told Kakuzu to back off cause h is 30min wasn't up yet, etcetra. Something is up with that, though I'd be surprised if that's all it was. Plus that whole aspect of the ceremony (time limit) has to be introduced to Asuma's team first before they can strategize about using it to their advantage.

8. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

I said in my original post that I believe he feeds on the life and pain of others via his strange body link jutsu. I know there's no proof for that, but it's a popular concept in stories about demons and undead and if you follow that train of thought he enjoys the pain he feels through Asuma because his own body might not be able to feel anything anymore.
    But even should his own body be able to still feel pain it's only a minor point in my theory of him being undead.

9. Rashman Leader of the Franchise

well your theory makes some sense. nobody knows what kind of religon he does..maybe he is required to die once like sasuke or maybe his god just made him imortal. he is very religious you know >_> but what i do know is....hidan a little special..yeah more special than orochimaru and sasuke for that matter.....yeah

10. dregoth Cooking Genius

Noooo. Hidan = Upgraded Connor Mcleod.

11. Shishi-O Oda Is God

a couple chapters ago i said he was a lich. feeding on the life force of his victims.

12. Mickey "rtard"

Interesting theory, but I still think I buy into the more traditional Hidan-as-a-sadomasochist train of thought. As for the part where he's doubly impaled, his claiming to be in pain could definitely have been theatrics but I think it more likely that he just has a high pain tolerence (years of killing people by torturing yourself would do that, I'd imagine).

13. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

lol @ pain tolerance he didn't get simply cut with a knife he got impaled by two swords and beheaded and he still isn't in pain.

14. S.O.T.R.S Sasori Of The Red Sand

undead or not...one juz need to split hidan into pieces and throw them into different parts of ocean... bye hidan

unless someone actually does a scavenger hunt and re-piece hidan

15. oronisi ...

Hey I made a post a while back about how the Uchihas are ripping off of 'Highlander'. Now Hidan is stealing the Macleod thunder. When will Kishi stop ripping off good 90s movies and tv shows?

Up next, Choji is like Michael Knight from Nightrider.

16. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

I'm sorry but YOU FAIL.
    1) It's Knight Rider
    2) Both Knight Rider and Highlander are from the 80s

Edit: Oops Knight Rider was written in two words.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  17. oronisi ...

NOOOOOOO but I studied all night mom!

18. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

You young guys just don't get any good general education these days. People of my generation know each episode of all good old Donald P. Bellisario and Glen A. Larson series there are, meaning 6-Million Dollar Man, Airwolf, Battlestar Galactica, Blacksheep Squadron, Buck Rogers, Knight Rider, Magnum P.I. and Quantum Leap. If I were you I would immediately order each season of mentioned series on ebay and fill this embarassing gap in your knowledge. Oh and while you're at it get A-Team and Streethawk too.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  19. Ashen-Shugar A wild romantic rover

LOL maybe Hidan is like the divine assassin from Lexx
    THIS

"The dead do not poo"

20. Shishi-O Oda Is God

akatsuki would to get the ring back, using zetsu.:)

21. dregoth Cooking Genius

^ Golden ByakugaM can find missing parts even if they're scattered in the other galaxies.