1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Hidan vs. Gaara

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Marsala, Sep 29, 2006.

Who wins?

1. Gaara

20 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Hidan

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Who wins?

For bonus points, how early is Gaara a match for Hidan? I'm not sure whether Hidan could beat Gaara from his first appearance in the manga.

Tags:
  2. chauronity ビリーバット

Is this the pre-extraction gaara? Cos if it is, Hidan couldnt get his curse enabled cos he is impossible to scratch Gaara ... so his woodoo would be useless in this battle.

And Gaara could squeeze Hidan as much as he could with the desert coffins but he wouldnt die ... just deform into a small mass of organs :/ . Which might mean the end of the battle, but since we dont know if he has any alucard -esque regeneration abilities, we cant really say that Gaara would win for sure.

My bet goes to Gaara thought.

3. Ae Well-Known Member

hmm i dont know

4. Kakuzu GB Imperator

I'm sure Gaara would win pre-extraction, but I have no idea about post-extraction. We don't know how much power Gaara has lost since then.

5. Woofie Coordinator

I know Hidan's attack speed is the slowest in Akatsuki, but it seems unlikely that he's slower than Chuunin exam era Sasuke and Lee - he was keeping up with Asuma easily enough. So I would think he could get past the auto-defense as it was in the Chuunin exams (it was never really made clear whether it sped up or not). The sand armour might stop him drawing blood initially, but he can keep going for longer than Gaara can keep up the armour. Oh, and Hidan should be able to brush away Gaara's attacks like Gai did. So I can't really see Gaara winning here, unless we're including the Shukaku release of course.

I'm not sure about Sasuke Rescue Arc Gaara - he was offensively much more formidable, so he might be able to at least incapacitate Hidan (if needs be, he could send him down to 200m underground and leave him there :p). I'm not really sure how much he had improved defensively though, so I think his best bet would be to go all out and use the desert avalanche and other uber-jutsu to finish off Hidan quickly while keeping him at a distance. So I can see rescue arc Gaara winning, possibly.

Post-skip Gaara would massacre him, I think. >_>

6. Woozie Active Member

What we have seen this far, it would pretty much end into tie because neither could really harm another.

Just gotta wait till we see more of Hidan's abilities.

7. Kagutsuchi In your milk, toxifying you.

I say Gaara, or a tie.

Hidan can't get the blood off Gaara because of major sand defence, plus his attack range isn't that far, he won't be able to touch flying Gaara. Hidan is practically useless in this fight.

If Hidan doesn't die by sufforcation then it's gonna be a tie.

8. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

But Gaara can crush all of Hidan's body parts to make him wish he were dead. You don't have to kill someone to win a battle, after all.

9. the_ilest Look at Killowog's Crotch

gaara he dosnt need the shukaku to win.

10. successortt Not A newbie

Hidan does'nt seem to be that great of a shinobi if he can't put his curse on the opponent, and Gaara would be the worst draw for Hidan since I dont think we've ever seen gaaras blood at all. The shield and Armor of sand would stop any of Hidan's attacks.

11. OniTasku [Weeabro for life]

I pretty much agree with Woofie. If it's the Gaara from the Chuunin Exam (prior to Shukaku release), Hidan should be able to land a hit, which then would mean a fairbit of trouble for Gaara (ie: Gaara would be down for the count). Hidan is slow, but still a member of Akatsuki and not to be taken lightly.

If it were Rescue Sasuke arc-Gaara, then his defensive measures should be able to keep Hidan at bay and demobilize him, permanantly. I'm also in agreeance that post-time skip Gaara would decimate Hidan.

12. ~Redchaos325~ -a.k.a. sasuke325-

I think Gaara would win, I'd like to see Hidan come back after being crushed ionto pieces by Gaara's sand coffin...

13. Arrow of God Itachi's sex slave

i think that Hidan would win because he could probably outwit the sand or even smash right through it. Gaara would draw blood and go beserk or whatever but it wouldn't matter cuz emo-Hidan would just kill himself. just my guess

14. KuwabaraTheMan Eternal Love

Gaara wins because he crushes Hidan into pieces.

He actually might be able to beat Hidan at Chuunin Exam time, although I'm not sure. It depends on how quickly Hidan would attack him.

15. gabha GB's Norman

Gaara does seem to be the worst possible match-up for Hidan at the moment. Like the others said until we see more abilities from Hidan, Gaara takes this or it's a tie.

16. Brigade4Radiant Knows more than you

Gaara would easily win this. He could just rip Hidan apart and barry him under tons of sand. Hidan isn't that fast so he can't get past the auto barrier. There is no way for Hidan to win this.

17. Mr. Avocado I can make guacamole!!!

Kazekage Gaar owns him, he dosent need to kill Hidan just bury him 500 feet underneath the ground and leave him there so he won't bother anyone anymore.

18. Suzumebachi ReSpekt

Hidan's style just doesn't work on a style like Gaara's.

Gaara can bury him. He wins.

19. Kagemane No Jutsu New Member

Gaara would win, 'cause even if Hidan miraculously takes Gaara's blood, Gaara can use his sand to force Hidan out of the circle and crushing him without ill effect

Edit: Of course, if Hidan moves quickly enough, he could just stab himself before the sand reaches him... but i still say Gaara

20. Gohan Everything has a weakness.

The sand speed does become faster. Look at The fight between Deidara and Gaara. Gaaras special sand was almost instant to Deidara (thats what deidara said), after he defended against a diversion attack. Therefore there was a homing bird right at his face, and while his sand was metres away from him due to it recently blokcing the c18, it was still quick enough to come back and guard him. Also this important quote "i see, the sand in his gourd is faster than the normal sand he uses, it is made up of sand mixed with alot of chakra that he has been building up" so it means as he builds up more chakra into the sand it is able to move quicker.

One thing that was chunnin-exam Gaara. But even that is irrelevant because simply, their is a difference between the strength of sand when attacking or defending. Didn't you see? Lee used his kunai and also "brushed" away the sand. But when it comes to attacking Gaara with the shurikans lee threw, the sand is a whole different level in terms of defence. Also, another important point, the sand wasnt aimed at Gai, so it gave gai the chance to brush it away. Look at the Gaara vs kimi fight, the sand comes continuously, it doesnt give you a chance to set up a block.
    Another misconception by many...the sand isn't easy to block if its aimed at you...Deidara is Akatsuki level, i dont see him blocking Gaaras sand with his hands. Kimimaro doesn't "brush" away the sand either and his taijutsu i would say is not taht far from Gais...

Dont forget he can fly...

now your on the right track!

21. ~Shin~ Spectacular Insanity

I agree with Suzumebachi on this. Hidan's style is pretty much useless against gaara. But the only way gaara could win is if buries him or cuts his head off and bury it somewhere else

22. ZABUZA = GOD! Destroyer of worlds

Hidan gets in his cirlce, gaara implodes him, gaara gets imploded
    remember hidan got his head cut of and hes alive

23. Terryc250 Me

genin gaara would lose.

time skip gaara, probably would win. Not gonna be easy getting passed that big ball sand ultimate def, AND his sand armour to get blood while constantly trying to dodge attacks from a huuuuge radius of sand

24. Insipidipity Ignostic Buddhist

I'm apt to agree. The speed of his attacks are slower than Deidara's by his own words, so he couldn't cut him. His immortality wouldn't be much if his entire body is crushed to a pulp, nor would it matter if he's dragged underground like 200 feet.

Edit: This implies the earliest is likely at the Rescue arc. He might pull it off in the main matches but doubt it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  25. Gunners .

I think Gaara would own this fight even if Hidan creates the curse Gaara wouldn't allow him into the circle. If he turns the battle field into a sea of sand where he controls the surface I don't see Hidan standing in the circle to long.

Granted Gaara isn't as smart as Shikamaru, he would still make Hidan move out the circle and I think after a while he woudl notice something if Hidan keeps trying to run to the same spot.

I don't really see Hidan winning this match from what he has shown, Gaara is a pretty bad match up as he can quite easily shift Hidan from his circle.

When he is out the circle I beleive he is mortal in which case Gaara would break his bones rip him to pieces and burry him.

26. Mat?icha アナル

from what i have seen i say gaara wins. as everybody mentioned, he cant get blood that easily,once gaara shuts himself into his sand ball. hidan cant hurt him.

27. Anbu Squad 7 Leader Member

How would Gaara kill Hidan, Hidan can kill Gaara with one hit, all he needs, but Gaara cant kill hidan

28. Anbu Squad 7 Leader Member

and hidan is immortal out of the circle too, when he first got stabbed by izumo and kotetsu, he wasnt in a circle, and when asuma chopped his head off, he was out of the circle

29. ydraliskos minimal

How Gaara can kill hidan.

He will first cut him into 5 pieces.

Then he take each piece, and grind it with sand until only bones remain. He will do the same for each piece.

After that, he'll take the bones, and grind them too , carefully tho into bonemeal.

Following this, he will take the bonemeal, separate it into 2 thousand little bottles, and spam mail them everywhere in Narutoworld

That good enough for you? Dont doublepost.

30. Soul Vibe Formerly known as Espada

hmm

chuunin exam gaara, depends. If he goes into his shell fast enough, Hidan doesnt have a chance of drawing blood.
    rescue arc gaara...gaara wins. Bury Hidan 200 meters underneath the surface of the earth, and walk away. GG
    post timeskip...hahahahahaha