1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Highlander, anyone?

Discussion in 'Television' started by Hokage Naruto, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Hokage Naruto

OKay, I remember watching this show when I was in my middle school years to beginning of high school until it disappeared off TV. The show is about a man who is an immortal who fights other immortals since their can only be one immortal. Throughout the show, you see McCloud thorugh his life from the Viking Era to World War I to present day.

I always loved the opening music and the cheap 80's music that went into the backround. Haven't watched the show in ages but I was able to finish the first movie a few months back. Its neat seeing the actor who played Raiden in Mortal Kombat movies as McCloud.

Tags:
  2. inumike

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  3. NeoDreamer

yeah i loved that show..then it got cancelled. used to be on USA i think...and maybe sci-fi..then was on my local station "power 50 wpwr"

I loved the intro.

4. CrazyMoronX

Yes, I remember this show. I also remember that quote, it is engraved in my mind, like some kind of traumatic seuxal encounter with my family.

I watched almost every single one of the original episodes, and never bothered with "The Raven" or whatever the hell that was. Best TV series ever.

Everytime I see that one guy on any other movies (he has been showing up a lot lately), I think, "Hey! It's Mythos!!".

5. inumike

oh i used to watch that show untill it got canceled

6. Hokage Naruto

I haven't seen every episode but I have seen most of the episodes. I used to watch it right after school on SpikeTV. Though, it seemed to be almost finishing but I loved the sword fights and the little history lessons in it. Plus, what other TV show has a Queen song in the beginning? :nuts

It is in one of my top shows but sadly whenever I mention the name in my school, no one has heard of it before. The show got me interested into being immortal and thinking what would life be like living on forever having to change lives.

Does anyone know if the new Highlander movie is real or fake? Its called The Highlander: Source, its supposed to come out in 2006 but have yet to hear a thing about it. :(

7. delirium

I remember this show. And I also remember when Hidan was supposedly found to be immortal, I saw a lot of posts talking about "CUT OFF HIS HEAD!" lol. As if Naruto is Highlander.

I remember that too. This was also when I was playing MK like a madman.

It seems like The Highlander: Source is legit. It's on imbd.com as 'post-production'. Rumor has it might either come out next year though or go straight to DVD.

8. Hokage Naruto

Yeah, I made a joke about Asuma stealing Hidan's quickening but no one caught on at the time. XD

I re-read the imbd.com site and it says the page hasn't been updated since December of 2005, hopefull ythe production is still going. But, its going to be interesting on how they are going to put so many characters and have it all resolved in about 90 minutes.

9. HaremWarrior

I liked that show, mostly for the sword fighting :p

What I didn't understand though was that during the season the one guy suddenly finds out that he is an imortal. So, my question is, if there are new imortals popping up now and then how can there be only one in the end? And when exactly is the end???

Other than that i thought that the show rocked ;)

10. kuchiyoseNOjutsu

Yeah there were immortals popping out once in a while, I think it was due to constant interaction with this immortals that you become one, not sure though. The end means there are only 2 immortals left and they have to battle, so there can only be one.

I enjoyed all the movies as well, specially the first one with Christopeher Lambert as Connor Mcleod, and Sean Connery as his mentor(forgot his name). I believe the last movie was Highlander the endgame, where Duncan killed Connor. I have'nt heard of the Highlander: Source Hokage Naruto mentioned, but judging from the title they may explain where these immortals came from, should be cool.

11. olaf

wait? you mean there was Highlander tv series? Was it any good?
    *to bored to read all the posts*

12. kuchiyoseNOjutsu

^Yeah dude there was. The main character is Duncan Mcleod(forgot the actor's name), a very distant relative of Connor(by 2 centuries I think). Connor sometimes made appearances in the series (or was it just a single appearance?)and they both have flashbacks of their past lives.
    The series also involves human watchers, whose role is observe the immortals but not interact with them.
    It was a pretty good series btw, I only remember 3 or 4 seasons.

13. BattousaiMS

That is because te original McCloud so called 'the Highlander' is Conor McCloud played by Christopher Lambert. The one your talking about Duncan McCloud is the one displayed in the series, he is supposed to be his younger brother (more in the sense of soul Brother since it seems that Conor lived at least 75 year before Duncan's birth).

Anyway they meet up in the final movie Highlander Endgame and you can see what happens in the end of that one if you want.

14. HaremWarrior

*Gasp* I didn't know about the last Highlander MOvie!!!!! OMW now I have to go find it! I always thought it weird that in the series the guy was called Duncan, maybe the last movie will explain it. I always thought they were the same guy but the writers were screwed up :p

15. Freija

the movies fucking sucks for one reason, each movie they kill the "last" and next movie you got like 20 others.

16. CrazyMoronX

I've never heard of this movie, but it sounds like it could be good. If it's Highlander, I'll watch it! :thumbs

Except that weird siries with that chick. :notrust

17. Hokage Naruto

The Raven? I heard about it and I heard it sucks.

Tried getting the series season collections for the good Highlander Season, over $60 at Best Buy. I wish I had the money to get it.

18. CrazyMoronX

Maybe I'll buy that Highlander sword off eBay.

19. HaremWarrior

I'd like to buy Clouds Buster blade. I have a pic of it from like swords.com or something. It looks really cool. Which highlander sword are you looking to buy? The series or the movie? I remember the series sword had this ivory rhino head i think.

20. CrazyMoronX

The one with the ivory handle. It's coolest. :nod

21. Chatulio

What happens when their is one Highlander left? Does he achieve ominpotence i forgot :sweat

22. MuNaZ

I Do remember thet i loved the show.... do I remember any of it? NO! Oh Wait i think i remember a boat and a person:laugh
    But really i can'r remember anything of it, I think the guy who has the main role had long hair....

23. Catterix

But anyone else looking forward to the Anime Highlander movie? Its being made by Yoshiaki Kawajiri, the man behind Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

Also the first movie was quite good. Rest - sucked.