1. img
    Voting is live in the Art Lounge Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We consider ideas for a brand name. You can probably come up with a good one. Click. Within cells, interlinked.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Higurashi questions (Kai spoilers)

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of November 07' started by MarthX7, Nov 1, 2007.

1. MarthX7

Got a question about Higurashi no Naku Koro ni? I or someone else will be happy to try and answer it. Even though Kai answers most things, not everything is made crystal clear.

Tags:
  2. Clouds-Are-Nice

How did Rena survive to become an adult at the beginning of Kai?

Spoiler:
    Wasn't it said that Rika was the Queen Carrier and everyone would develop Hinamizawa Syndrome without her presence?

3. MarthX7

She was transferred out of the village for her crimes before the massacre.

That's partially true. Without the Queen you become vulnerable to Hinamizawa Syndrome but you don't automatically go crazy. You still need a trigger for it. Rika doesn't know that though. She only knows what Takano and Irie told her and they go by Dr. Takano's theory that if the Queen is killed, everyone infected will go L5 within 48 hours.

4. Rolling~Star

Why is there little to no violence in Kai? :oh

5. QBnoYouko

Kai includes the chapters that answers the questions from the first season, and there's really nothing very violent of sorts. Don't get the wrong impression of Higurashi though. It's not about the violence. It's never been about that.

6. MarthX7

Because we know that none of the club members are genuinely crazy. They aren't the true enemy and the plot isn't going to go anywhere until the real threat is revealed. Kai's pace is also slower than season one's (which was way too fast) so it takes longer for the killings to occur. Episode 16 had a good violent scene. It reminded me of the first season.

7. Knight of Fate

Are the ''footsteps'' an effect by the Hinamizawa syndrome or is it just Hanyuu? I doubt its her though, oh well I'm asking for the heck of it xDD

8. BakaOnna

It's Hanyuu's footsteps. That's one of the signs of a person that's in L.5, if they can hear Hanyuu's footsteps and hear her repeat "Gomen nasai, gomen nasai..." They've reached to the point that they can hear Hanyuu's footsteps and her talking.

I always found it weird how Keiichi's father talked to Hanyuu or saw her when they first moved in. What can he see her and no one else? Does he unconsiously have Hinamizawa Syndrome?

9. MarthX7

Hanyuu was corporeal for that scene. Him seeing and speaking with Rika and Hanyuu is a big reason why he decided to move to Hinamizawa. As for why she doesn't stay corporal, your guess is as good as mine.

You may want to read the entire piece.

10. Clouds-Are-Nice

I see a pedo. XD

But why does he think that Rika is about the same age as Keiichi? I know Rika is small for her (current) age but I didn't think her growth was that stunted.

11. MarthX7

Not much activity. Perhaps I should have called the thread something like "Got a question about Higurashi? (Kai spoilers)"

12. Monna

Being the Queen, is it possible for Rika to develop symptoms; such as reach level 5?

13. MarthX7

Irie, Takano and Irie speak like she's able to (episode 7 and 11) but she never does. It's stated that a healthy person isn't supposed to be injected with the suppressor. When Rika is in episode 20 of season one, she suffers nasty side effects because she wasn't infected by Hinamizawa Syndrome.

I'd say the answer is no. Rika can't develop symptoms because she can't distance herself from herself. Which explains why Rika never goes crazy.

14. Vegitto-kun

And maybe is hanyuu just a illusion

who knows the entire fricking series might be an illusion