1. img
    We invite you to participate in the NF Christmas Event!
    Deadline to sign yourself up is December 8 at 6 PM UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Hikaru No Go

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Itachi, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Ssj3_Goku

CAn someone tell me where i can find the HnG manga after the anime ends? WOuld be appericaited . thanks.

2. Toraoh

Here you can find the torrent for the anime HikaGo. And also the torrent for the manga.

I've watched the anime and read the manga! Really a awesome serie! Though, the manga has more humor scenes. But I stilll like them both. *is a huge Sai-fan* I even started to learn Go after the serie! XD

And Ssj_Goku, Hikaru won the match again Isumi-san. Though, not in a very way.

<SPOILER AHEAD>

Isumi-san was on the winnig site, but he was so focused on Hikaru's background (the fact that Hikaru was said to be Akira's rival made Isumi thinking). So Isumi accidentally placed a wrong hand/move and hastilly placed it somewhere else. But as a Go rule, you can't redo a move, otherwise you'll lose. Isumi and Hikaru didn't know what to do for a sec. But Hikaru DID want to win, so he was gonna ask Isumi whether or not he did redo his move. But before Hikaru could ask, Isumi resigned. So Hikaru won the match.

3. Ssj3_Goku

^ the though i cant use torrents up here at school.

Plus i was talking about the second match they had in episode 69 . Who won that? I thought they would tell ya in the manga or something but i did not read the manga until the anime ended.

4. Toraoh

OW, you meant that match! Well, in the anime as well as in the manga, they didn't mention it. I guess it's not important to know who won. But I guess it's Hikaru who won :p The purpose of that match is just to let Hikaru realize he has to play Go in order to find Sai.

5. Noex

6. Ssj3_Goku

Its an anime based on a board game called Go. Really good anime alot of character depth and a good story. Alot of tension as well.

7. bmac1632

just finished watching the whole series and i liked it a lot...i was disappointed in the ending...i just wanted more...they build that moment up and i felt let down

anyone know through 1 1/2 years that the show ran did they ever make a movie??

8. Toraoh

well, there's a special 2004 that comes after the serie. I believe that special is an hour long, so you can kinda consider that as a movie.
    I have the feeling that there will be another special, in which Hikaru-tachi will be participating in a Japan-China-Korea tournament, just like how the manga ended. (or not of course ^^; )

9. bmac1632

yea i just downloaded and watched the special...i enjoyed it...i hope we get another special...there is so much they can do with the show too...i hope we get more

the show sort of build up the Dizzle Mizzle and i want to see it!!!!

10. mstarsup5

Yeah, I'd like to see the Japan/Cina/korea tournament, and the game between Hikaru and Ko-Yongha because I like this manga very much(it made me discover Go, and I really enjoy playing now), and I was very disapointed after watching the special episode(about how it ends)...
    However, I don't think it will ever be out, because the special episode has been put out a while ago... I really look forward to this though. :confused: :cool: :eek: :D

11. blue fox

Hikaru no Go - Awesome anime. 4th season?

Ok, after buying 15 gigs worth of Narutofan Plus bandwidth to d/l 75 episodes of Hikaru no Go, I am left with an overwhelming craving for MORE!

I havent felt this feeling since finishing Azumanga Daioh. Hikaru no Go was such an amazing anime, with such passion and power. The Hikaru/Akira Touya rivalry even surpasses Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry in plot and passion IMO.

Anyway, I am curious, I cannot find anything that states if there will be a 4th season or not. I found one post on a random message board where some guy was stating that the 4th season of Hikaru no Go was being put off because the animation company who animates it also does Naruto, and was too swamped with Naruto to start the HnG 4th season on time. The poster then stated that they were going to resume soon. Of course the only source he had was 'his friend', and in the internet world that is as reliable as nothing lol.

Anyway, anyone heard anything about more Hikaru no Go?

12. Drizzt

There could be a possibility of having a fourth season of Hikaru No Go. But, there is like one arc left, and that's was lightly touch upon with the 2 episode specials. It's ashame that the mangaka decided to end the manga at chapter 189. It was a really good manga, and I wanted to see more of the rivalry between Hikaru and Akira.

I hate it that I watch an anime about Go, which I don't care much for, but has excellent character development. And there were moment that I felt bad for some of the character that were at the pro exam. Especially Tsubaki, The first ranking Insei, and a couple other character.

^^
    >8

But I did like how Touya is always being confused..

Like "Damnit.. why you're bullshitting like this.." during the tournment.

But.. I did feel sad for Sai...
    Spoiler:
    He should've stayed with Hikaru to the very end. Plus.. thanks to his disappearance, it cause Hikaru to fall further behind.. sigh

13. spaztik

I would say it depends on how well it does in america / is there really any point to another 75 episodes. All they really needed was another 10 or 15 ep i dont think they could fill the gap

14. Hitomi_No_Ryu

Don't think there will be a 4th season nor will the manga resurrect itself. I found that japanese doujinshi tend to be a good indicator on how well an anime is doing in Japan. I looked up Hikaru no Go! doujinshi...they're downright sucky. Bad sign...REALLY bad sign... :sad

15. ussjt

I hate bringing back an old thread, but....is there any new news about the show? Like, will there be another new years special?

16. sakrash

what do I enter as the username and password? I don't know how to access it.. I'm really desperate to watch this anime since the site I was ddl to broke down

17. NiknudStunod

I have only watched the first episode but it seems pretty interesting so far. Is this anime still being made or was it stopped after 3 seasons?

18. Ssj3_Goku

there is a total of 75 episodes! enjoy them while you can man! the manga does go a little farther than the anime though i will tell you that.

19. Darth Judicar

Just jumping in here with a question about this series...I'm realatively new to it, as I've been reading it from SJ since it came out. I just learned there's already an English edition of the anime out on DVD. Is it worth a buy? As I would love to see it in animation and with English voices.

20. Hitomi_No_Ryu

21. Darth Judicar

If it's any consolation, I read it also contains the original Japanese track too. Dunno if it has subtitles though....

22. Shiron

I haven't bought it yet, but I saw the preview episode that came with an issue of US SJ. The voices seem good enough and they kept the OP and ED (at least on the preview). Overall though, with or without Japanese audio track and subtitles, from what I saw of the preview, I'd say it is worth a buy. :amuse

23. Raistlin-sama

Hikaru No Go is an awesome anime/manga. If a series can make me care, while being about a board game I had no interest in whatsoever beforehand, that alone shows that it's powerful.

Actually it made me start dabbling a bit in Go as well...so it did succeed in part of it's purpose.:p

Anyways, I really like the characters, the story and over time the Go as well. Sai was a funny/cool character, and it was a treat to see him play every time. Shindou and Akira on the other hand were both very deep, and it was nice to see their development (especially Shindous, although Toya is much cooler). Actually I can't come up with a single semi-important character who was one-dimensional or a bad character, and most of them were good in their own ways.

Definitely one of my favorite shounen series.

Even the manga had a rather open end though. Not that it's bad, but I wanted more.

24. Naruto-Fan

i know its been over an year since anybody commented in this thread but I must know something...
    i need to watch more HnG but because the anime's end is so open I want to atleast read the manga. So can someone plz tell me the chapter I need to read
    so it continues the anime?
    and if possibele where to dl the manga...

I hope someone reads this and help me....but its been over an year lol
    :)

25. shingen

anybody here watches this i read a long time ago in a shonen jump

no they got the dvd in NA only 2 volumes out its pretty good

26. jkingler

Since it ended a long time ago I wouldn't say that I am currently watching this series, but yeah, I watched HnG. :oh It's awesome. I prefer the anime to the manga, only because it actually ended well. Damn the manga for being brought to such an abrupt and unfulfilling end. :shakefist

27. Tiesto422

I never played go before, but after i finished watching the series a few days ago, i got the urge to figure out how to play. I found a really fun program called Igowin. It plays on a 9X9 board using the same code used in a world champion computer go program. It's a lot faster paced because of the small board, and the coolest thing is that it charts your progress from 25kyu to 1kyu all the way up to 5 dan (the amateur ranking not the pro kind). It's said that if you can beat the program giving it a 5 stone handicap you are at the professional level. The best I have been able to do is win an even game playing white (playing last) and i got my ranking up to 6kyu. See how far you can get! It's really fun.

ps - be sure to read the in game tutorial, especially the life and death part.

28. shadowpossesion

29. wherezmytofu

It's a pretty known show, and toonami has just started airing the dub on toonamijetstream.com. Personally, I hate the series..because Hikaru is a failure and the male leading roles are too feminine.