1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Hinamori: Is she still alive?

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by roguenoir, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roguenoir S-Ranked Pervert

If she is still alive, I think she might make a reappearance by arriving as part of reinforcements in the battle against the Arrancar and save Hitsugaya right when he's in a pinch. With Hitsugaya waiting at her bedside several chapters ago, I'm still not convinced that she's dead...

Tags:
  2. Potentialflip One Last Stand

She is alive. Unohana cleared that out already a while back. Where did you get that she was dead?

3. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

I don;t think it was ever stated whether she lived or died, I think Unohana actually said that she could live but it was upto her now i.e. her will to go on

4. Potentialflip One Last Stand

The thing is I read this statement. This is after one of her officers asks about Captain Hitsuguya and Hinamori: (Don't know the official page but it is when Unohana appears in the Soukyoku site at the beginning of Chapter 179)
    "To be brief, They are still with us." (This clearly has them alive)
    "As for the rest it is up to them." (This could possibly be how fast one recovers)

She then adds:
    "Right now, Isane is doing the post-procedural treatments."

I don't know if you know but when one says that it is usually clear that they are alive. How quickly one heals is a whole nother story.

A week later for her to be still alive. I mean if she had no will to go on or live on as you say she would have been dead before a week after.

5. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

I see what you mean but I interpret 'still alive' as being they aren;t dead but they are in a critical condition. Then its upto their own will to live, Momo-chan lost almost everything after Aizen turned out to be 'evil' and so she might just give up the fight to live.

Isane doing post procedural treatment would be like if someone was hit by a car they'd have initial treatment to stabalise their condition (surgery on anything major), then post procedural treatment to try and help them get better. However people's health can still deteriorate.

Anyway as for the threads question, I think we'll see Hinamori back and alive, Kubo hasn't killed off anyone yet and it her death would have served a better purpose if she had been killed to fast for any treatment to help. (showing how destructive Aizen is)

6. TEK Akatsuki

I'm pretty sure that Hinamori is alive. Unohana just was trying to say that it was up to Hinamori now if she wanted to stay alive and have the will to go on.

7. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

I think she's in a coma actually...She is seen looking as such at the end of the soul society arc.

8. Maes Member

But Hitsugaya is out and about. He went to earth, something I don't think he would do if Hinamori were still in any kind of coma. And if she were dead we would be seeing obvious signs of Hitsugaya greiving, he would have changed somehow if she had died. I take Hitsugaya's willingness to go to earth as an indication that Hinamori is alive and conscious.

9. Dragonzair I'm with Maria Hill!

Yeah she's alive. Coz if she isn't, they would have mentioned it, right? And she was just in bed, they didn't move her body or...dispose it. *or something* XD

Her coming to the rescue would be too far fetched though xD

10. roguenoir S-Ranked Pervert

It would be analogous to Rock Lee in Naruto.. getting himself critically injured but healing up just in time to save the hero.

11. Dragonzair I'm with Maria Hill!

Hmm...not really. We already know that Lee is considered strong alongside Naruto, Sasuke and Gaara. Because he's fought with them and was even close as to defeating Gaara. *and he's even defeated Sasuke and Naruto =O*

But Hinamorri, even if she's already fought Hisgaya, he was still able to defeat her easily. He's a strong captain, and I'm not sure Hina is even close to defeating him.

So you can't really compare it with Lee rescuing Naruto.

12. Sh33p Jutsu Theorist

Actually, that's probably not the case. Hitsugaya seems to be the most professional out of all the remaining captains(note that he does his paperwork, isn't criminally insane, eccentric, or otherwise unusual besides being a prodigy), excluding only Yamamato himself -- and that's a bit iffy.

If he were given orders to come check things out, he'd do it. Whether Hinamori was dead or not. Alternatively, if she was dead, it'd simply make him more duty-driven to avoid being grievous in the first place. Even if she was alive, he could just be intent on keeping Matsumoto from getting killmaimed since she seems to be among the people closest to him.

Me? I think Hinamori's alive. I just don't believe Hitsugaya's emotions would be much of a gauge for that fact.

13. XangetZu New Member

Oh lol what a relief! i thought she died for sure... since i havent seen her since the stab, her eyes wide open lying there on the ground and all.. but u all say she's alive, so that's good :)

14. Rice Ball Well-Known Member

Didn't Hitsugaya kill her to gain his M Sharingan?

15. IronFist Alchemist 360 BOOTY CLAP!

She probably obtained Ban Kai during her coma :sweat

She is very much alive.

16. Wrath Mourning

Someone die? In Bleach? What a ridiculous idea.

17. CABLE S'okay guys, I know blacks.

I doubt she'd die, either way, her death would neither add nor take away from the story.

18. roguenoir S-Ranked Pervert

Also possible, as a plot device to have her promoted to captain to replace Aizen

19. liz luvs u!!!

Heh. Hinamori would probably be the one who will go berserk and defeat Aizen at the end of this arc... :D

20. Anthriel 日本語の学生

I don't know why, but people just don't get it. There is nothing like death in Bleach. They might get slashed into pieces and lose some galleons of blood, but as we all know, something like that doesn't kill people. You might consider it funny that they still bother to fight each other, but I guess they only do that out of boredom, it's probably not all that exciting to be immortal.

Well, okay, you can die, but it's quite unlikely. For that to happen, you must get trapped into a phenomena called "flashback". In those, death is quite real.

Does anyone else find it funny that in a series about Shinigami, death virtually doesn't exist?

21. monk3 Ryokan Pride

if she was dead then hitsugaya would be too depressed to go to earth to help ichigo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.