1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Hinata & Chouji vs Sakura & Ino

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Insipidipity, Jan 5, 2005.

Who would win

1. Chouji & Hinata

41 vote(s)
    83.7%
  2. Sakura & Ino

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  1. Insipidipity

Since Tenten seems to be the strongest of the leaf female genin, and chouji has almost opposite stat strengths of Sakura, I was wondering who do you think would win in this matchup.
    Hinata and Chouji seem like they would make a very powerful taijutsu team while Ino and Sakura seem like they would know each other to make a good team.

Since chouji has worked with Ino for a while, I'd assume he could avoid a mind transfer, after that, I think they would make like a weaker form of a Neji/Lee team. This also assumes Hinata could get somewhat of the same determination as in her battle against Neji.
    On the other hand, Ino and Sakura are very smart, just not as much in battle.

Edit: OK guys, remember, this is at Chuunin exam level and no pills.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Mizura

I assume you take these genins at the levels they are during the Chuunin exams? Because if you mean Chouji with pills, well...

This is rather hard to think through, if anything because it's a team vs team rather than a much more simple one on one battle. Having a partner just makes the number of possibilities that much greater. By the way, what's Tenten doing in there... You mean Ino?

On first glance, Hinata and Chouji seems to have the advantage where taijutsu is at least. According to the databook, Hinata actually has the highest Taijutsu out of the girls of the rookie 9, so even if she lost badly against Neji, it doesn't mean she can't fight. Yes, the databook isn't 100% reliable, but it does give the Minimum of a character where stats are concerned. Now Chouji well... he Is strong actually, even back then. He's just not too bright.

However, Hinata and Chouji will have practically no teamwork, and that cuts back their possibilities. Ino and Sakura on the other hand have been friends for a long time, and still are in some way, despite their rivalry. So if they team up, they'd probably function well together. Each on their own aren't the biggest of fighters, and they're not exactly as smart as Shikamaru either... but still, they Both have some levels of smarts. Ino has shown a Lot of ingenuity in her fight against Sakura. Sakura has never shown That much ingenuity where Live battle is concerned (I mean come on, it doesn't take the biggest of geniuses to use bunshins as distractions). However, she Has shown herself to be Very capable were traps are concerned. During the Chuunin exams, while fighting against Ino, she also managed to tie with her, and Ino seems to be the rather fast and agile type (not as much as many of the better male genins but still), so Sakura and Ino are probably fast. Now's the tricky part in determining how good they are together: they are at a physical disadvantage, and both teams don't seem to have much in the ways of offensive Ninjutsus or Genjutsu (Ino has mind transfer, that's it). So that leaves mostly battle tactics to Sakura and Ino. Now as said, I think on their own each isn't That good... but because they both are Somewhat good at it, as a team that just multiplies their possibilities for combined tactics.

Possible plan for example: they manage to seperate Chouji and Hinata (shouldn't be too hard, Ino would just call Chouji fat and then both girls, or just Ino if Sakura needs time, would run for their dear lives). This leads him strait into some trap Sakura has set up, temporarily rendering him immobile. Ino mind possesses him. Then while in Chouji she knocks out an unsuspecting Hinata. Even if they fail to surprise Hinata that way (with Byakugan she could have seen the whole scene), Sakura and Ino can still gang up on Hinata, who'd be quite unable to take on the two of them at the same time, especially if the two maintain their distance.

But anyway, that's a Possible scenario, but if Sakura and Ino decide to take Chouji and Hinata head on, without working together, then they might still be at a disadvantage, if only against Chouji. Yeah: direct battle: Chouji and Hinata have the upper hand. Indirect battle: Sakura and Ino have a very, very good chance (depends on the strategy they use, the one I gave has a near 100% chance of succeeding imo).

Edit: whoa, that sure turned out long...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  3. Marsala

I agree completely with your reasoning. Though I voted for Sakura and Ino based on their divide-and-conquer stategy, I'll add that it will not be easy to surprise Hinata when she can follow Sakura and Ino's movements from a distance with her Byakugan.

4. Kamendex

....Chouji can beat both of them alone, I dont know how you could assume that Choji and Hinata have no teamwork, and Sakura and Ino have plenty of it....Sakura and Ino are horrible SHinobi, and they dont have any experiece as a team, and they havent been in any battles,

Chouji beat Jirobou(spelling?) and Hinata stood there with Neji for a while

Akimichi pills+Hyuuga clan>Crybaby weak Ninja+Useless Mind control weak flower girl

O and from what we've seen, Chouji can tripple his size to get out of any trap, a dumn genin could set up, and Byakuugan can detect traps, bunshins, trickery

5. Rurouni

Really, the only useful thing Ino and Sakura have is Ino's mind switching jutsu. If Hinata and Chouji can avoid that, they have a really good advantage. But you're right, there's practically no teamwork we've seen between them. (But that doesn't mean it's not possible) Ino and Sakura on the other hand have had years of friendship, but on the downside, their rivalry can their downfall if Chouji and Hinata use it to their advantage.

6. Mizura

Um, I'm assuming that their abilities are the abilities they had during the Chuunin exams period. If you pit Ino and Sakura against Chouji with Pills, then really, Chouji would just swat them away, that's overkill...

Also, I'm assuming that Hinata and Chouji won't have much teamwork because:
    1. they hardly know each other.
    2. neither has shown themselves to be much of a tactician type. Chouji certainly isn't, and even if Hinata is but hasn't shown it yet (she's probably not though), she doesn't have the right personality to give out orders.
    3. Four words. "Chouji you're fat!". And lo, you can wave your carefully thought-up plans goodbye.

And yeah, it might be hard to surprise Hinata, even if Ino has possessed Chouji (Hinata might have seen her do it with her byakugan), but still, a few insults and Chouji will fall strait into any trap Sakura has set-up, even if Hinata tries to warn him. Then Hinata will be alone facing off Ino and Sakura, who will probably know better than fight her up-close, and who can cover for each other if Hinata tries to attack either.

Sakura and Ino's rivalry can be their downfall yes, but I don't think it would work against them if they work together. It certainly wasn't a distraction while they were both fighting the sound nins in the Forest of Death (they weren't fighting Together, but still, they didn't let Sasuke distract them). More importantly, in this case, their opponents will Not know how to take advantage of this rivalry of theirs. Some sly person might be able to use it to turn them against each other, at least long enough to distract them and plan an attack. But Chouji, well... and Hinata, well... (honestly, do you see Either of them resorting to taunts?)

Bah, I've thought things through now. I like Hinata, but I'm too much of a strategy vs raw power fan anyway. I'm voting Ino and Sakura...

7. Insipidipity

Well its there because at first I was gonna say tenten and hinata so it was an all female fight but I figured tenten could beat both of them or at least draw with them on her own, on the other hand, Chouji's stats are almost the opposite of Sakura's(except speed surprisingly enough).

Oh, and of course no pills. I doubt he actually uses it often, just to fight Jiroubou, he was almost on the brink of death using it the first time, I don't think he'd risk it again.

8. Vamoo

Hard as I try, I can't think of a single thing Sakura and Ino can do that could in any way harm Chouji or Hinata: no taijutsu, no genjutsu and no ninjutsu either. Even if Ino managed to catch someone with her mind swith jutsu she couldn't harm his/her body without causing the same damage to her own.
    I don't think Ino and Sakura could manage to beat even Chouji alone.

9. Insipidipity

I'm pretty sure they could hit him with throwing shuriken, kunai, exploding notes, etc. He IS still using his own body.

10. xxShikamaruxx

11. Kamendex

Why do you keep assuming that Ino and Sakura are master strategists and cunning trap layers, you just decided to give them magical upgrades and assume they could take on the red pill and the hyuuga

O and calling Chouji a "fatass" doesnt make him a retarted head on attacker, it just gives him confidence and the fighting spirit to whoop ass, and since this is naruto, when have you seen explosion notes or kunais do anything

12. Mizura

Um, I didn't say Master strategists, but they did show themselves capable of "some" strategy. The way Ino tricked Sakura was very clever in my opinion, very unexpected. As for Sakura, she Has set up several layers of traps before, there's thus no reason to think she can't set up traps again. So I'm not giving them upgrades. Just letting them use skills they've already shown to possess. And by the way... you seem to have missed how many times I've said that I'm assuming that Chouji is NOT taking the pills, because then it's overkill (Chouji wins hands down then, it's not even arguable).

I guess I haven't been clear. I'll say it again:
    - I'm assuming that we're taking the genins at their level during the Chuunin exams.
    - this means I'm assuming that Chouji does Not have his pills.
    - and I'm assuming this because if he Did have his pills, you can pit All the girl genins against him if you want instead of just two, because he's Sure to win anyway. Chouji with pills is overkill, so to think of a battle of him with pills against Ino and Sakura is rather silly. Which is why I'm not thinking about it.
    - I'm actually also assuming that the battle takes place in the woods, or something. It could be in an arena... but then there are a lot less strategic possibilities, so I find that rather boring...

As for calling him fatass... last I checked it was a pretty good way to make him lose his temper and rush into things. And quite frankly, Chouji isn't the brigthest of people either. It doesn't matter when he's with Shikamaru though, since Shikamaru more than makes up for it.

How's this for a scenario? Ino lures Chouji into a pit trap that Sakura has set. It shouldn't be hard at all, while Chouji is rolling around I doubt he can clearly see or avoid such things. Now under normal circumstances, pit traps are pretty useless against shinobi because they can just leap out. But If Chouji falls into one, he'd be confined in a small area, which means Ino will have time to use Mind Transfer against him. Then Hinata would be alone against two adversaries. Now, Hinata might be able to see those traps and warn Chouji, but I'm assuming that there are two possible ways around this: either Ino taunts Chouji enough for him to forget or not pay attention (plus Ino can further distract Chouji by running over the trap herself: she might be light enough to but Chouji's not). That or Ino starts taunting Chouji immediately, before Hinata can warn him about anything suspicious, and lures him away quickly, and distracts him until Sakura has finished setting up traps. As I said, the trap doesn't have to be too complicated, one good pit trap and Ino would be able to mind-transfer.

13. Kamendex

First of all if Chouji gets stuck in a trap that sakura can magically dig big enough for a double sized meat ball to fit in, and ino switches minds, how would she get out???

and Hinata alone could take sakura and Ino

14. Vamoo

How about this: Hinata lures Sakura into a pit trap that Chouji has set.

In the case of these virtual battles we can't assume that anyone had time to prepare anything, otherwise it all falls into an endless loop of who set things up first. It is meant to be a direct confrontation and not an ambush otherwise anyone could just chose the best possible scenario for whomever s/he likes.
    Assuming that Ino and Sakura have all the time they need to prepare and that Chouji and Hinata are caught off-guard is giving upgrades.

15. Kamendex

Exactly...and how many fights have Sakura and Ino been in...they are weak useless genin, but now later in the anime sakura becomes somthing, but during chuunin exam

Sakura+Ino<Chouji+Hinata

16. Mizura

In the forest of death, Sakura set up traps with logs and things like that, so I'll assume that she can dig a hole. And Chouji Can just jump out of the hole, that's what I said about pit traps probably being useless most of the time. However, by rolling into one, he'd be confined to a small space for at least some time, the time it takes to recover from the surprise and return to normal form. In the meantime, he's in a confined space. It only takes a few seconds for Ino to use her jutsu, and in that confined space, she wouldn't miss. Then she can get out and whatever.

It doesn't have to be a pit either by the way, it could be something that takes a lot less time to set up. They could even take advantage of natural terrain, as in find some sort of hole or depression and cover it up. It just has to be a trap that immobilizes Chouji for about 5 seconds. That's enough. I used a pit because I'm too lazy to think up other possibilities.

As for time for preparation: as I said Ino could have started taunting Chouji immediately to seperate him from Hinata, or she could distract the two simultaneously. She's faster than those two, so it's possible. That would give Sakura some time.

I'm not sure if Hinata can take on the two at the same time. It really depends on how well she can dodge kunais in my opinion... Ino is fast, and Sakura matched Ino's speed during the chuunin exams, so those two would probably just leap around her and throw kunais at her. If Hinata attacks one of them, the other would retaliate by throwing kunais as a distraction. So if they manage to take out Chouji and Hinata is alone, I don't think Hinata can win on her own.

Now, as I said, Sakura and Ino winning is just a possibility, if they resort to enough strategizing (doesn't have to be Much strategizing though, just what they have already shown themselves to be capable of). Chouji and Hinata together still have the advantage in a direct battle, but perhaps not in an indirect one. *shrugs* The reason I made Ino and Sakura use tactics by the way and not Hinata and Chouji is because Ino and Sakura have both used tactics before (as I've already said: Ino tricked Sakura, Sakura has used traps). The reason Sakura is good with traps by the way must also be due to that big brain of hers, traps probably require calculations and things like that, right in Sakura's domain. On the other hand, I've never seen Hinata or Chouji use traps. They fighting style is much more straightforward, especially Chouji.

By the way, hey Insipidipity, can you edit your first post to add that they're at their Chuunin exams level? As in Chouji does NOT have pills? Apparently it was not obvious to everyone...

17. Kamendex

Ok your in Hinata's fanclub and you are not even considering what Kunais do against a byakuugan user...Byakuugan users cannot be ambushed, or killed by projectiles, also just because Sakura matches Inos speed doesnt make them fast...just as fast as eachother

Hinata can attack both of them at the same time with great accuracy and not even looking at them

18. Mizura

Just because she can see 'em, doesn't mean She can dodge the projectiles thrown by two users at the same time... She's not exactly Neji, we don't even know how good her 359 degrees vision is (she probably has some of it, but I suspect her range is considerably below Neji's). And where did I have her get ambushed? I had Chouji fall into a trap after being riled up enough not to be careful, that's about it.

Of course, I'm not saying that Hinata Can't dodge kunais throw by two users at the same time, either, but without more evidence, I'll just be assuming that she can't take on two genins at the same time. Ino also has that binding technique of hers, which she might also be able to use. Really. Many people think Hinata can barely take on One genin, let alone two. Just because I'm a Hinata fan doesn't mean I think she can suddenly take on all the female genins...

(as for those of you who think that as a Hinata fan, I should be rooting for her in any battle... well I'd just like to point out that the fact Hinata "won" in the battle royale against Temari did not exactly convince most people of Hinata's skills. It did, however, convince many non-Hinata fans that Hinata fans are biased idiots. I do root for Hinata, and I really wish for her to become strong, but in the meantime, overestimating her would only lower people's opinion of Hinata fans - and, as a backlash consequence, of Hinata herself...)

Bah, why am I arguing anyway. I don't even like Sakura (though I rather like Ino, she's got a strong character. I'm waiting for her to get over her Sasuke-kuning though). I'm also under the impression that nearly nobody bothers to really read my long boring posts anyway... (like the parts where I first pointed out that I'm assuming that Chouji isn't using pills. Was that part That hard to see? Especially when it was at the very beginning of my first post...)

Oh well. So much for being impartial. *bails out*

19. Jeltz

In a direct fight the result would be obvious. The Chouji on his own would stand a pretty good chance agianst both of them. Hinata is also a good taijutsu user and could possibly kill in one or two hits. To fight these two you would need either attack jutsus or even better taijutu; both of these things something Ino and Sakura lack.

Sakura doesn't have anything to contribute in fighting these two (my oppinion is that the fight is on neutral ground - no allies and no traps set up before the fight). The only way they can win is by Ino possesing either of the enemies and then use it to togheter with Sakura take care fo the other one. This would be be hard for them to pull off since Ino must have to fool Chouji or Hinata to stand still for the mind transfer to work. They can win but I think that Hinata and Chouji have better odds.

20. Insipidipity

As much as they could piss off chouji by calling him fat, he could use sasuke(either transformation or just talking about him) to gain an advantage. And ur also forgetting how addicted Chouji is to Korean BBQ...just bribe him...

Omitting someone giving up, I think Sakura and Ino can work together better, and I think Ino was the number one female rookie. I still give it to Chouji and Hinata.

21. Kamendex

Well i think this topic is closed, Chouji and Hinata win, see the poles, and the unfair trap laying scheme has been foiled

22. Mizura

Actually it's because Insipidipity forgot to add that Chouji doesn't have his pills. *sigh* Still, I'm not complaining.

23. Insipidipity

Actually I think its just because Chouji seems so strong comparatively, while sakura has basically been at most a third wheel(and genjutsu detection doesn't seem as effective). I wish I could start another one which explicitly states that...I mean...it should be obvious to have a fair match, not to mention chouji would only use the pills in life or death situations, not to fight two sasuke idiots.

24. pajamas

most people seem to forget that Ino doesn't have her own body when she uses her mind switch.

Ino's body is out in the open and easy for attacking. Ino couldn't really attack she'd have to guard her own body from hinata who probably saw this entire ordeal and sakura couldn't stop that. Chouji would probably have told Hinata about the mind switch.

and one baika no jutsu with just and arm and they're dead anyway

25. Mizura

Didn't I say something about seperating the two? ... Bah, nevermind.

26. Insipidipity

I think it would be bad form for me to do so, so you could try to make one your own version of it.
    But at the current vote, even if a third of the people assumed with pills and changed without, they would still win.

27. narutofan20052005

Chouji and Hinata will definitly win hamds down, ino and sakura are sh*t toghther, theyt'll probably kill each other first before the battle starts

28. Uchihakaori

Well, Chouji could be easily possesed by Ino. He's big and slow, and can be pissed off easily. Once Chouji is possesed, he will be used to attack hinata, while sakura helps/protects ino's body. Once hinata is out by Chouji's body and Sakura, Ino will raise Chouji's hand, and make him surrender.

30. Jeltz

The problem is that Hinata possibly could defeat both Chouji and Sakura on her own. Hinata can kill or disable Chouji in a one or two hits and she's faster than him and better at taijutsu. If you damage the possesed Chouji wont Ino be harmed too? That would mean that there are only Hinata and Sakura left which makes the result obvious. So it isn't a sure win even if Ino manages to posses Chouji. They could win the match but the chance is pretty slim.