1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Hitsugaya vs. Kenpachi

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Insipidipity, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Insipidipity

Boy Genius a la Ishida with power at a young age vs. Powerhouse a la Ichigo not being able to know his zanpaktou's name.

Tags:
  2. cinosweiv

Why nobody reply this thread?:huh

I think Hitsugaya will have some advantages in his speed and
    Spoiler:
    his ban kai seems to be advantages to him in a long distance battle

But, Kenpachi's insane strength and resistance towards any attacks are a plus for thic battle.
    I think Kenpachi will win. Hitsugaya seems to me to be too young and too innocent enough to be as brutal and as ruthless as Kenpachi

3. TDM

*spoilers...I think*

Spoiler:
    Well I'd say Hitsugaya would win. When Ichigo defeated Kenpachi, this was before Ichigo went insanely strong and got his bankai, and Hitsugaya's seems to be pretty powerful. I'm pretty sure Hitsugaya would be stronger than Ichigo with his bankai and thus would be able to overshadow the advantage Ichigo's power with his own. If you know what I mean.

4. Code

Ichigo was getting destroyed by Kenpachi. Not until he had some hollow-powerup (look at his aura) was he even able to stand up to him. Kenpachi also never took off his bells which were like his eyepatch to allow his opponents to have an easier time against him (though not like it would matter if they're just charging right at each other).
    Spoiler:
    Also with the hollow powerup deal. Ichigo was also losing to Byakuya till he did the same thing. So if you factor that in we don't know how that "power-up" Ichigo would fair against normal bankai Ichigo. He was asking for Zangetsu to borrow power, not to give him power permanetly adding to his base power level.

And we don't nkow how Hitsugaya would fair against Ichigo.

5. uchihaWL

Hitsugaya seems to be better with speed on the advantage while Kenpachi would just take hits and try to slash. With Kenpachi not even having a ban kai and Hitsugaya he may just have released his ban kai, get the speed advantage and take him down just like that. Although it may seem like an easy win, Kenpachi was a captain so he had to be of some good agaisnt him.

6. Code

Kenpachi isn't slow. He was easily dissapearing and reappearing behind Ichigo (Ichigo was only able to notice him because he payed attention to the sounds of bells in his head). Kenpachi is also quick enough to be hit then instatly move himself and attack right away quickly. Not just his speed but his reaction speed is pretty good. He also easily cut through Zangetsu and shattered it. I wonder how many hits Hitsugaya's soul cutter can take from Kepachi. Remove the eyepatch and well ... I'd say Hitsugaya would simply be overwhelemed.

If anything it'd seem like an easy winf or Kenpachi not Hitsugaya....

7. TDM

Well you've changed my mind.

8. Shishou

Spoiler:
    Kenpachi took down two Captains with his eyepatch on. That is juss to show he is insanely strong.

And Hitsugaya was easily defeated by Aizen. So he has shown NOTHING impressive, fighting wise.

There is no way Hitsugaya could beat Kenpachi.

9. Shiari

I will have to go with Kenpachi.

....Hitsugaya is cool, but I really doubt he can beat Kenpachi unless he is really lucky. :p

10. rocklee1234

yeah hitsaguya is the boy genius and lets face aizen would ahve pwned zaracki just the same i mean its hard to beat a guy who can stop ichigos bankai with one finger when he reales his shikai and we really havent seen hitsaguya in all out action truly yet which i am very dissappointed about so i say its a toss up

11. Crowe

Spoiler:

I seriously doubt that Kenpachi would be taken down as easily as Hitsugaya.Ichigo had just fought with Byakya and was exhausted so it was no wonder he did go down after one attack, Hitsugaya was in good condition but still got down. "He is a kid" w/e. Im almost certain that Kenpachi could take one or two blows from Aizen.

12. Styles

You said it for me.

13. Caustic

Spoiler:
    I don't think anyone can "take one or two blows from Aizen". From what I've seen of his Shi Kai's description, if he doesn't want you to see something once you're under the illusion, you don't. For all we know, while Hitsugaya was busy ranting to Aizen about being a traitor, hurting Hinamori and whatnot, Aizen was already hard at work on hackiing Hitsugaya's Ban Kai to bits, then finally unleashed his illusion of him standing there listening as he slashed Hitsugaya in a finisher. Theoretically, anyone under the illusion would be quite powerless, with the exception of Yamamoto, who would be able to use his abilities to prevent Aizen from getting close.

All-in-all, I think Kenpachi is a bit of an overrated character. To my knowledge, he hasn't shown many abilities besides brute strength. I don't really see many captains being overwhelmed by his spirit power, even with his eyepatch off. It seems that without a shi kai, Kenpachi can do little more than slash and add his own spirit power into the sword. Granted, while this would have the power to overwhelm almost any other captain, they'd most likely focus on dodging the blows completely, rather than blocking, where Kenpachi's force would probably give him a quick win.
    It hasn't been shown that it takes anything more than sharpening your spirit power to break through Kenpachi's innate spirit force barrier, and I'm certain that any captain, and possibly even any vice captain, could cut him without half as much effort as Ichigo (who was just learning to control his spirit force in battle). Although I can't give an exact estimate of who's faster, Hitsugaya is smaller and could probably "dance" around Kenpachi, slashing where he could and avoiding Kenpachi's reactions.

However, without Hitsugaya unleashing his shi kai, his chances of victory are minimal, mostly due to the fact that Kenpachi does require quite a bit of damage and exhaustion to go down. Hitsugaya's Shi Kai alone seems like it would be enough to take down Kenpachi. Since it's stated that
    Spoiler:
    Hitsugaya's Hyourinmaru iis capable of controlling the weather, meaning that he could potentially greatly reduce Kenpachi's reaction time, and also forces him into dealing with frozen limbs (although I can't recall how the freezing takes place. Was it the ice-dragon itself that attacked? If so, then having two targets attacking, in addition to the threat of Hitsugaya's increased range with the chain, Kenpachi would have quite a bit of work to do in both avoiding damage and capturing Hitsugaya.)
    I'm lead to believe that Hitsugaya's Ban Kai would take down Kenpachi easily, mostly due to the fact that Hyourinmaru is stated to be the strongest of the Ice elemental sword, meaning would probably be equivalent to Yamamoto's sword. But of course, that's all speculation.

Overall, without Kenpachi having Shi Kai or Ban Kai, I'd say he's severely limited against most of the other captain's attacks. I'd give this one to Hitsugaya, unless he's suddenly limited to sealed swords only.

14. smackmyface

Yes Zaraki Kenpachi that we all talked about here is someone who's definitely severely limited. He doesn't even know how to do Shi Kai and Ban Kai, further limited himself by putting his eyepatch on and wearing bells just to make sure his enemies can detect his movements BUT this severely limited captain is the one that's on the winning side when he fights against 2 Captains at once and he even beat one of the Captain Ban Kai's.

All in all, i don't think Hitsugaya chances are any different from Tousen and Komamura when he fights Kenpachi.

15. EternalHatred

Hitsu would win. His intelligence will tell him not to fight impossible battles.

16. Gaaravision

I can't imagine anything taking Kenpachi down in one shot. He's like the Marv of Bleach.

17. Shishou

Kenpachi would never go down in one shot.

Do you remember how much blood he loss, before he finally fell? No other captain can take as much damage as him before falling. You have to dmg him like 3-5x as much before he finally falls.

Plus, Hitsugaya might be a boy genius, but he is still juss a boy. He is the most overrated character, who has shown nothing impressive. Sure his bankai was cool, but it didn't do him much good.

Kenpachi impressed us when he fought Ichigo. And impressed us even more when he fought 2 other captains, and won.

18. IronFist Alchemist

More like he beat the shit outta 1 captian...and was interrupted before fighting the other! :amuse Who knows? Komamura's iron giant thingie looked like it could slash HAAARD, lol.

19. TDM

But when Ken came across again he hadn't even taken off his eye patch.

20. kknaruto24

Kenpachi because his has crazy spiritual power even with his eypatch on

21. The 21st Hokage

Kenpachi would run over Hitsugaya like a bad habit at the most Histugaya would be able to cut him up quite a bit.

22. CABLE

We can't really say cuz we haven't gotten the chance to really see Hitsugaya fight.

23. DevilB0i

Hitsugaya will own kenpachi since ken dont know his shikai or bankai

24. ken's fuku taicho is very cute and around the same age with Hitsugaya and Hitsugaya's fuku taicho is very cute too and around the same age with Kenpachi... Maybe some arrengements can be made and the will be no fight ? But if they need to fight badly that even the cute fuku taichos cant stop it, it will be kenpachi's win... Brutality, raw power, insanity and experience will win over youth.

25. EdwardElric

Hitsugaya is not a bloodthirsty fighting maniac that can get stabbed 100 times and still want to fight. Kenpachi wins.

26. SloppyJoe

Yea Hitsugaya just doesn't have that killer instinct. U take Ken's killer instinct plus his power. Kenpachi > Hitsugaya

27. Rice Ball

Kenpachi

Spoiler:
    I believe theres a big difference between Kenpatchi and most the captains, ken has a massive ammount of stamina and took on 2 captains with his eyepatch still on, we haven't really seen Hitsugaya fight, the only time he did, he showed his cool looking BanKai and then was defeated in a instant.

One thing tho, Hitsugaya clearly thought he was more powerful than Gin, but i guess age and experience(and stamina/spirit power) would go against him

28. Shishou

Ya, juss like how Tousan owned Kenpachi with his BANKAI.

Oh wait, that didn't happen. In fact, Kenpachi didn't even take his eyepatch off.

29. Rice Ball

Use spoiler tags please.

Anime Watchers are intitled to there oppinion too.

30. IronFist Alchemist

Truth...but it'd be like "Akatsuki leader vs. Sandaime" at this point in the anime :p