1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Hold On A Sec!

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by Jounin-Kakashi, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Jounin-Kakashi - www.ninjachronicles.com -

One of the posts here said it took cn 8 months to dub naruto. But why release 1 only once a week? Are they just trying to get more viewers? Can't they do like 2 every week? I don't see a problem in that.

=======> :kkkawarim :kkkawarim <========

OMG ITZ......

Tags:
  2. nah-nah Believe it-ttebayo!

I'm no expert on how long it takes to make a dub or what not, but around the time of the third episode, they had just gotten done doing the voice acting for the fifteenth.

They're only about fifteen or so episodes ahead of the episodes being shown. I think the eight months was mostly getting everything licensed and hiring the voice actors and writing the scripts and such, editing things out, etc.

As for showing two episodes a week... that would be nice, but I don't see a problem in doing what they've BEEN doing since in Japan, they had to wait a week (and they still do) between episodes. Besides, if I'm right about how many episodes ahead of us the production team is, we'd catch up with them in no time. That's a lot of pressure, I would think.

3. Procyon Loveless

I'm satisfied with one a week. It gives something to look forward to.

4. TenshiOni Active Member

Bingo.

That + 1 episode a week = prolonging the series = more profit off of it.

Think like a businessmen. The answer is obvious.

5. BluebrotherX7 The Flictonic Chronic.

Impressive theory you have there nah-nah. If it is true, then does this mean they began the Chunnin arc? Cause if that's the case we may be seeing a Naruto VA List Part 2 on Crystal Acids soon. Jugding by the casting, this could mean that all bets are off. I wonder who's doing Rock even though I kinda see Crispin Freeman doing an encore for us.

6. nah-nah Believe it-ttebayo!

Well, yes, most of it was a theory, but the fact that they were done with episode 15 by the time episode 3 was out was a fact. I just figured it'd still be that way.

So yeah, they're probably past or at the beginning of the chuunin arc. I really want to know what Neji, Lee, and Gaara sound like most out of all of the cast.

7. Okeaninai nymphe of fresh-water mist

shows either come on once a week or 4-5 days a week. i've never heard of a show with new episodes that show 2 new episodes a week.

Neji and Garra will definatly be voices i'll be real curious to hear.

I wonder where they will break off the series for this season - will they follow the japanse 'seasons'? or is that different than the american system? (does this still count as the "english version" discussion?)

8. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

It takes about one week to fully dub an episode of anime into English, or so says Sonny Strait of Funimation.

Also, we got 2 episodes to start with when Naruto premiered on Cartoon Network.

I imagine every once in a while we will get two episodes as a special like they did in Japan.

9. martryn Dick in hand

They shouldn't do more than one new episode a week if they want to catch and keep viewers. By showing only one new one its easier to miss an episode and not fall too far behind. And viewers only have to devote time to watching one episode instead of alotting time for two. And once they get a season ahead or so they can start showing reruns during other times if they want. I think its a standard marketing practice in alot of popular shows.

10. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

You watch One Piece, so you should know this isn't always true. I'm sure you realize that 4kids rushed to Chopper, cutting episodes, important scenes, and Little Garden.

...Wait, I doubt they're making profit. Damn, you're right.

11. Dragonzair I'm with Maria Hill!

^

Yeah, but this is Naruto, which isn't being butchered by 4kids xD

I've never seen the dubs, but I heard that not much was edited in Naruto...so...yeah.

12. Okeaninai nymphe of fresh-water mist

ah, actually they alreays show reruns of Naruto already - they show it again as an 'encore' and hour after it airs, then again on sunday right after noon, and then i do belive they show it one other time also.

so far they'v really only takin out some of the blood and certin "violent" actions (Naruto stabbing his hand, Zabuza getting hit by the pins, stuff like that). oh, and the "kiss" was takn out also.

Is 4kids the same company that did pokemon and Yougi-oh (sp?) and all that too?

13. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

Yes. One Piece, Tokyo Mew Mew, and Shaman King, too.

14. RockLee is no brethren unto Kaminae

Wow. So have they slaughtered all those series, too?

15. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

All but Pokemon, which didn't have much to change, other than almost every single name.

16. UnbrokenSpirit Silent Sentinel

I don't know but CN has a nasty habit of screwing with good shows. They used to show a bunch of reruns for Justice League and now it's down for once a week and now there's no episodes until they have enw ones. At least I can still watch Full Metal Alchemist everyday!

17. Kenjin The Man Slayer You will die By My sword!!

I agree.

Very true. I'll even say it again:

Think like a businessmen. The answer is obvious.

I disagree. But Full Metal Alchemist thats a cool show as while.

18. Ikke AshLEE That loser fangirl

I thought Justice League was off for this season. Ah well.

Not anymore, at least. I heard that a little after the Pokemon anime aired in America 4Kids threatened to stop buying the anime from its Japanese company if the writers didn't tone down the perverted jokes or something like that. And since Pokemon is a powerhouse for merchandising, they complied. That's why Pokemon is virtually unedited now.

I know they already show encores of the latest ep., but do you think they'll ever replay past eps.? I missed ep. 3 and 4, but it doesn't look like I'll be seeing them anytime soon.

I, too, and quite curious to hear some new dub voices, especially Rock Lee's. I hope they don't butcher him. He seems an easy enough character for a dub to voice rape. >.<*

19. BluebrotherX7 The Flictonic Chronic.

Well I found some info on ANN about Temari. A VA named Tara Platt will be playing her.

And here teh proof.
    Tara Platt's website

I don't know this VA, though. lol.

20. Prodigy-child :P

^I made a thread about that like two minutes before yours ^^; What does that have to do with the thread anyway?

Anyway, last time I heard, they were on episode 16 or 17. But it'd be cool if they had a few one hour specials of Naruto during the year.

21. UnbrokenSpirit Silent Sentinel

Oh right, you disagree, now I understand! :S

22. Ikke AshLEE That loser fangirl

Tara Platt...I don't really know her either. The only role I'm familar with is Reina from "Rave Master," but I never watched the Rave dub, so I've never heard her.

23. DeathIsComing Nobody loves me. awsome!

that's just how it is for new shows.

24. kakashi1234 legendary ninja

I love to watch naruto and everything but i do wonder how long it takes to dub naruto and they should show one new one on friday and saturday and show the episode from last saturday at thursday.

25. Greed00 The Ultimate Shield

Yeah they should! Theres like 100+ episodes in japan, it will take 100+ weeks to see them all... Ugh... :cool

26. nah-nah Believe it-ttebayo!

It takes maybe about a week to dub an episode. It's alright, though.. Like I've said before, Japan was able to handle a one new episode a week, so why can't we?

It's no big deal.

27. UnbrokenSpirit Silent Sentinel

It's hard for me I've already seen the first 75 eps and I can't stop watching no matter how much I try. Hmmm... I also find it much more fun watching them in japanese then in English for some reason. :Gaipose

28. Greed00 The Ultimate Shield

umm.. ok. I agree, but what is complaining to us going to do about it. Why dont you email CN and complain, if they get enough complaints, they're sure to do something. Maybe... :cool

29. nah-nah Believe it-ttebayo!

Um. I don't think that there's anything wrong with the guy complaining about it. I doubt that CN is going to do anything about it. It's worked for other shows that they've released; i don't think they'll change their schedule until a season or two has been shown. Besides, they're still recording, and CN has no control over how fast the shows are being recorded. If i'm not mistaken, they're at about episode 27-29-ish.

So... Yeah, emailing CN's not really gonna help.

30. kakashi1234 legendary ninja

True there.I think they had to do that with DBZ i think when it came on once every saturday.and yeh they probably wont change there schedule like you said until they have gotten farther into the series and Im sure they take a lot of there time to dub that episode for english.And I dont think CN is gonna do anything until they get farther into there dubs.