1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Holy Crap..just finished the Skypiea arc...

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Archive' started by Power, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Power

Wow, Oda is really a god at writng back stories!

This arc is soooo damn cool! I love it! They should've picked up a new crew member from up there tho!

Anyway, anyone have any idea who fixed the ship??

Tags:
  2. kapsi

It's explained in latest arc...

3. Power

aaah! something to look forward to

4. Nodoordonotthereisnotry

Yeah, I first discovered One Piece as a Greek Dubbed Anime and watched all the episodes until the Chopper Arc. After that I downloaded most of the Arabasta Arc(fansub) so you could say that the skypiea is the first arc I enjoyed in manga format. It was a great experience and now I've read the water 7 arc as well and it's damn obvious to me that One Piece is currently one of the best manga. The creator must be some sort of a genious..he's using so much dialogues and he creates this great world with so many characters,one would have to wonder how he manages.

5. Maffy the Love Doctor

yes, oda is indeed one hell of a writer. you thought the skypiea arc was good, wait til you get to the next couple arcs. i swear, what's going on right now in the manga is huge :smile-big :wink!

6. stormbreak

Yep, the latest arc has been the most suprising one for me :) One piece is so good, too bad 4kids ruined its reputation. My mates have seen a few episodes and the rap was enough for them to turn the other way. Damn you 4Kids. In the UK i was watching Teen Titans on Toonami because a few people were talking about Naruto and Bleach occasionally on the chat system and i was reading it. And one guy said "One piece is a fake anime, like pokemon" how the hell do you make a fake anime! In fact it is the most popualar manga and anime in Japan, honestly 4kids why!!!!!!!

7. Maffy the Love Doctor

i totally agree with you stormbreak.

8. kapsi

Pokemon isn't a fake anime either.

9. Chi

Well.. i really think of this arc as useless, cause story didn't moved. But it was pretty interesting, one of the best arcs so far...

10. Maffy the Love Doctor

isn't this the arc that we found out about gol D. roger? i can't remember if they mentioned that before so i figured that might be pretty important.

11. Code

Drum Island, didn't the doctor mention that? Or it might've been in Logue Town.

Skypiea arc I felt was quite good. But giving the location and given that they're pirates and well it isn't on the Blue Seas with the presence of Marines and such, there wans't much advancement that could be done wtih the story. Though without this arc,
    Spoiler:
    Robin would've joined did nothing then left. So it was neccessary to at least have one big adventure with her.

12. Power

i think the skypeia arc was important because by the looks of it, the white white sea is hard to get out of if you're from the blue sea, and also dat looks like the place where they have the most dials. With the dails i'm pretty sure usopp and even name will become much much more powerful. He already used the impact dial in several occasions and i'm pretty sure he will manage to improvise so more uses

13. Giant Enemy Crab

If you thought Skypiea Arc was good wait untill you get to
    Spoiler:
    Water 7

14. stormbreak

Actually some events that happened in this arc had a little role later on
    Spoiler:
    Usopp might not of left the crew if the going merrys spirit never fixed the ship

And correct me if i am wrong, but didn't eneru stay alive after the end of all of this, he may come back for revenge llater:p

15. Power

yeah already read it all don't worry :D
    i'm at 380 raw

16. stormbreak

Bah, i need to read 379 and 380, but the scanlations take loooong, i tried translations but they are to hard for me to follow, i wish i could interperate Japanese :(

17. CABLE

Even though this is kinda old, I did too! I felt it was dragged out a bit but good nonetheless. The hint at the end of it basically told use Gold D. Roger was Luffy's grampa, but that was kinda obvious from the start that Luffy was gonna be related to him. I figured he was gonna be his dad, but I bet we will meet Luffy's dad later on.

18. TheUzumakiMassacre

Not to mention great and AWESOME moves!

19. Wrath

Roger could never have been Luffy's dad - he died 3 years before Luffy was born.

And....
    Spoiler:
    He almost certainly isn't Luffy's grandfather either. That honour would belong to Jaguar D. Saul.

Things that Skypiea did for the ongoing story: introduced the Blackbeard pirates, two new Shichibukai and other high ranking members of the World Government; destroyed the Going Merry; gave the Straw Hats access to new technology; made the SHs rich; created another parallel between Gold D. Roger's journey and Luffy's; and explained to use Robin's dream and purpose, as well as tying it into the One Piece.

20. Molekage

if you liked that arc, get ready for water 7 :)

21. Dr. Hiluruk

actually, sky island was considered the werst, from what i know. fer me, davy fight was werse.

anyway, yer catching up! w00tness!

22. cp9luchi

I think that one of the purposes of skipeia was for ussopp to be able to upgrade his and nami's weapons with dials, also klabuterman (spelling?). too bad there wasn't so much of sanji:cry

23. crazymtf

I liked it alot, enel was a badass :)

24. Baby Raptor

wait another will very badass more than Enel if you are k-f unless you already download from adc? ? if not then dont click it
    Spoiler: Lastest esp
    Lucci is badass than ENel

25. Masaki

We knew that since Drum Island. This arc's importance was to bring in Usopp's dials, the 300 million beli in gold, the spirit that Usopp sees to make him believe the Going Merry is alive, and to show that Gold Roger was on Upper Yard at one point, not to mention that he was probably the pirates Gan Fal mentioned, and that he may have been a member of Robin's village.

26. game2005

I really like Skypiea arc also, as I think it follows the closest to typical pirate stories, which involves going into thick jungle to find treasures, encoutnering angry natives and wild animals, and finding ancient ruins. Skypiea has all of these!

As good as it is, this is a fact... Skypiea arc has one of the lowest ratings in OP...

27. Low-fi Boy

Skypiea was good, Waterseven is much much better n_n

28. wongton

the skypiea arc was good. i liked the whole history thing in it that made it more than just "bash the bad guy and get the gold".

29. futuristxen

Just to note, most people have two grandfathers.

30. kapsi

Skypiea was good because of that angel chick