1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

How can I play japanese games into a American PS2?

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Belbwadous, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Belbwadous Ninja explorer of the north.

Can you guys list me all the details on how can I play japanese games into an american PS2?Tell me all the details for both ps2 models.

Tags:
  2. Ikari Shinji ?

You just need to get Swapmagic (just google it) and you use it the swap discs

3. Vodrake Member

For all models:
    1) Having your PS2 modchipped is a relatively easy so long as you get somebody experienced to do it. You can buy chips off many sites and some game shops will do it for you. However, the process of inserting the chip into your Playstation will break the warranty sticker.
    Example: Link removed

2) The slide card and swap magic combo is better in my opinion because you don't need to break the warranty to use it. You start the playstation up with the Swap Magic CD in, then use the slide card to open the tray and put the import game in. However, the inside of the playstation can be damaged if you're not careful with the card.

Example:Link removed

3) The FlipTop and Swap Magic combo. Uses the same CD to allow you to play import games as above, but the FlipTop is a replacement casing for the Playsation that allows you to get to the tray without having to pull it open, so is much less risky than the slidecard.

Example: Link removed

4. Belbwadous Ninja explorer of the north.

Slide cards,hmmm.Anyone has some pictures of it?

5. AbaraiRenji BAN KAI! HIHIOU ZABIMARU!

Check out these links...I hope they can help you out. I just got mine but i wont know how well it works until NH3 comes in. It gets nothing but good reviews from people that own them. If you do get one let me know how it works out for you.

Link removed

Link removed

Link removed

Link removed

Link removed

6. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

How would it work with the slim PS2's? Wouldn't you only need to start it up with the disc, then open the cover normally and then replace the disc with the import game you'd like to play?

7. AbaraiRenji BAN KAI! HIHIOU ZABIMARU!

Yeah, the slide card is only for the ps2 original model. You have to have the slim tool if you're going to play imports on the slim. Yes you do it exactly as you said but you need the slim tool first. 3 pieces you easily put into the shown places found in the installation instructions.

8. Kaki Condensed hits harder

I know there is a gettow rig for the slim PS2........