1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Voting is live in the KCC Short Story Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice

How did Ichigo become a Vaizard?

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Enter Aheb, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Enter Aheb

I know that his father was a Shinigami so it is probable that he is one too. His hollow aspect isn't from his parents, I assume. So where did it come from?

Tags:
  2. Wrath

Before anyone else comes in and tries to tell you otherwise, while there are many theories, ultimately none of us know as of yet.

3. KuwabaraTheMan

He turned into a Hollow in the Shattered Shaft prior to the Soul Society arc.

While it was never stated for certain, its pretty easy to surmise that his Hollow Side originates there.

4. Red

actually I thin he was naturally that way...seeing as zangetsu enlisted the help of the hollow side when teaching him how to use that moon thingie attack...plus tht should account for ichigos unnatural high spirit energy...
    woah his father was a shinigami?...that guy that used to wrestle wif him:omg thanks for spoiling it for me dammit:yell

5. khaos

his hollow comes from within himself, obviously, since its not contagious

6. wiplok

this is the manga section, what the hell did you expected?

bout the hollow thing, my theory is that the hollow was already there with the shinigami powers, but hey, that's just a theory

7. KuwabaraTheMan

If the Hollow was already there, why didn't he try to save Ichigo from Byakuya the first time? Every time since the Shattered Shaft that Ichigo has been in serious trouble, his Hollow has gotten involved. Prior to then, it was never heard from.

Its pretty easy to connect the dots, honestly.

8. Red

9. jonat3

My theory is that Ichigo got affected by the hougyoku during the power transfer from Rukia to Ichigo. But he only got hybridized partly by the hougyoku. The shattered shaft completed the process and he finally became a fullfledged vaizard. That's my theory anyway.

10. Kisame

man its the shattered shaft. first time we see him with his hollow mask and looked just like a vaizard. first time shirosaki started saving him was right after it and no times before it.

Theres like 0 evidence anything else was teh cause.

11. Jh1stgen

The way Urahara helped Ichigo to regain his death god power was prolly one of those forbidden method imo

12. blazingshadow

ichigo might be a natural vaizard but then again he might just been changed into one by his contact with rukia with the hougyoku. aizen said the hougyoku needs power above captain level to be able to work no? think about what happened in the first chapter. ichigo (a human with powers above captain level) got in contact with the hougyoku thus awakening it and depleting rukia's full power in order to turn ichigo into a vaizard. the process was completed by urahara in the shattered shaft so he could have a chance to survive in SS

13. k1nj3

it's because his mom was human, i bet 12 internes on it.

14. DeathGuise_of_Oblivion

Its quite simple really. Like stated above, it was gained from the Shattered Shaft ARC prior to the Soul Society ARC. In Ichigo's mind, it was revealed that souls have literally thousands of boxes that contain potential. Among these boxes in Ichigo's soul was the power of a Shinigami. The thing is, Ichigo was never really meant to awaken it, or at least not at that time. Old Man Zangetsu stated that his own Shinigami abilities were awakened by Rukia's transfer of power.

Whether or not That this theory also pertains to a Hollow Side of someone's potential is more than likely never to be touched on by Kubo Tite. Never the less, to understand Ichigo's awakening of Ikasoruk Ogihci(this name was shown on a manga cover, it is also Kurosaki Ichigo backwards).

First off, lets clarify Vizard. A Vizard is the name of Rouge Shinigami who have achieved the point where a Shinigami gains the power of a Hollow(the opposite of a Vizard is the Arrancar, who gain the power of Shinigami). To put it simply, when did Ichigo first create a time when he could become a Hollow?

The answer lies in the Shattered Shaft, where he was forced to the breaking point of Shinigami or Hollow. Its possible since he was on the litteral brink, that he also somehow created Ikasoruk Ogihci, and forced him into becoming dormant when he retrieved his Zanpaktou(or at least enough of it) from the box representing his Shinigami potential.

Or, is it the missing factor of the Kurosaki family? Was his mother somehow a Vaizard? Or was she an ordianry human that Isshin decided to sacrifice his abilities as a Shinigami to become human and be together with Ichigo's mother? A clue of her idenity could be the captain jacket tied around his arm when he revealed his Shinigami form in front of Kon.

As of yet, many aspects have not been accounted for, but more than likely it could be the Shattered Shaft incident. Until Kubo Tite sheds more light on it, we are left in the dark on the subject.

15. blacklusterseph004

The soul chain joins the body and the soul right? When the chain breaks, it consumes itself. When people die, this happens anyway doesn't it? They either get consumed by other hollows, or their chain consumes itself and they become hollow anyway.

If this were the case, then that critical moment of when the chain runs out could be the answer. One of the arrancar mentioned, that hollows are born from fear. It may be that at the point when the chain finishes, if you are consumed by fear, you become Hollow. If you have no fear, then you become vaizard, because either way, you have no soul chain left.

It would make sense as well, why this technique would be forbidden, because anyone who does it is taking a gamble.

16. omg laser pew pew!

Didn't really help him when Aizen nearly cut him in half did he?

Nor when Grimmjaw had a cero aimmed at his head

17. FrostXian

Urahara made Ichigo into a Vaizard via Shattered Shaft.
    Why? Perhaps he thought that a simple shinigami would be no match for commands are vice commanders there, so he simply sent something better, to retrieve the orb.

18. omg laser pew pew!

Urahara didn't have anything to do with making Ichigo a vaizard

19. jonat3

I think Ichigo's hybridization was an accident. Urahara didn't plan on Ichigo becoming a vaizard. The shattered shaft was the catalyst that completed a process already begun. Tha's what i think anyway.

20. slashez

yea....you do realize that when rukia gave ichigo all of her powers she didnt have the hougyoku in her yet....Urahara only hid it in her AFTER she gave her powers to ichigo, because he placed it in the faux body that he gave her....so sorry, but your theory cant work

21. Parell

Woah.....I totally see some Urahara-related theories saying he planned for Ichigo to become a vizard.

22. Kisame

because ichigo finally knew who what was happening and had just subdued him, like the other times he couldnt help out during arrancar fights.

But the latter is because he handed over control to ichigo entrusting him to the body.

Had the cero been fired however I would totally expect the smoke to clear and shirosaki saying. You cant do anythign fucking right eh Ichigo.

23. jonat3

Actually, there is a possibility it can work. Aizen's words at the end of the SS arc seems to suggest the hougyoku was placed in rukia LONG before she met Ichigo. In other words, it wasn't placed as the same time as the gigai. I read the chapters back and forth, but they never clearly stated it was placed at the same time as the gigai (though it can be INTERPRETED that way).

24. Phoenix Wright

Erm, what about the flashback Rukia has when Aizen's explaining himself, of Urahara offering her a gigai?

Proof enough?

25. Kisame

you would thinks so but people like making far out theories that contradict everything in the manga.

26. KuwabaraTheMan

Urahara didn't put the Hougyoku in the Gigai, or he's the biggest idiot ever. The Gigai was already hidden, there would be no point in giving it to Rukia and attracting attention, when he could have just let it sit in his basement and no one would have ever found it.

Obviously, the Hougyoku was already in Rukia, and Urahara gave her the Gigai in an attempt to hide her from Aizen. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

27. Sirexais

You would be correct.

I took one look at this thread and laughed at it...

28. jonat3

Like i said, it can be INTERPRETED that it was given at the same time as the gigai. But that scene did not prove anything. It only showed Urahara giving the gigai.

It does not contradict. Granted, in the past i also taught that the hougyoku was placed at the same time as the gigai. I made the same interpretation as you guys, so i'm not saying you guys cannot be correct. It's just that in trying to understand how it all fits, i noticed that there has been NO exact statement that the hougyoku was placed together with the gigai. Even more, Aizen's explanation at the end of the SS arc even seems to hint that the hougyoku was placed for quite some time in rukia. I'm referring to this sentence:

chapter 175
    Aizen: By the time i discovered this...you had already gone missing in the real world.

This sentence seems to suggest that he found out that the hougyoku was inside rukia though his own means and THEN noticed that she was missing. If this interpretation is correct, the hougyoku COULDN'T have been given to rukia at the same time as the gigai, because she only went missing after she entered the gigai.