1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

How did Kakashi achieve MS?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Baka-san, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Baka-san

This is relating to how exactly Kakashi got Mangekyou Sharingan...

If people remember, Kakashi said at one time that all of his loved ones have died. No, I'm not referring to Obito, but rather later on in his life (or even possibly the girl that he was in a team with in the Obito arc).

A good question to start this thread off is, how does Kakashi know Orochimaru so well that Orochimaru would say "you didn't have that the last time I saw you." Of course, suggesting to his Sharingan. It could very well be possible that Kakashi did not show Orochimaru the sharingan that he had, and they had met later on in Kakashi's life (when he was probably about 13+). This could mean Orochimaru corrupted someone loved by Kakashi, and Kakashi ended up killing them for the sake of Konoha. This could be one way he obtained the Mangekyou Sharingan.

What I'm saying, though, is that Kakashi probably at one time killed his best friend. Again, I say this because he pointed out that all of his loved ones have died. (People seem to care a lot about their best friend's in the Naruto manga, so you could say his best friend was a loved one)

Tags:
  2. bobo

3. Negative-Ion

If Kakashi had killed a loved one, the sharingan would have manifested at that period in time. Not 12+ years later.

No, Kakashi didnt kill anyone to gain Mange sharingan, he found another way, possibly he investigated the uchiha shrine more than Itachi had done. Maybe he caused some self inflicted pain and got the Mange Sharingan and of course thats why he has developed a different jutsu than Itachi. The sharingan name/level might be the same but the jutsus differ. You can have 10 MS users and all of them can have their own jutsu that need MS to be activated.

4. genjo sanzo

yea thats quite possible too. I mean he could have accidentally made a raikiri a little too close to his crotch.

5. Axass

The "kill your best friend" thing has always been bullshit. It wouldn't make any sense that by killing your friend your eyes evolve...
    You probably just need a big emotional trauma. That or Itachi simply lied to Sasuke for his own reasons.

6. Grumpy Zoro

nahh....i think Orochimaru heard about Kakashi since he was the genius of his generation maybe he was observing Kakashi but that's all he could do since i think Sakumo was still alive at that time. And i'm pretty sure he left before Kakashi got sharingan

7. Jack Bauer

Wow if Itachi lied about killing your best friend, it'd be a nice twist O__O

8. chauronity

Kakashi killed Rin? Hmmm... interesting theory.
    But, i gotta agree with Axass and say that the whole "kill your friend to obtain the MS" gotta be BS. It's prolly just an another prank of Itachi's to make Sasuke more hatred.

And why would he hide his trump card until now?

9. simple_be

like many ppl including me,always said that sasuke would get mangekyou sharingan or something similar to that without killing anyone but there were always those guys that tell this"oh it was stated in the manga that you need to kill your closest friend" but then some ppl forget that thing about the "truth of the uchihas and sharingan thing" in the shrine...

ok kakashi got that sharingan similar to mangekyou(and no would guess this in the end of part 1)

the way of getting his sharingan i don't know..maybe with training or as somebody said here that kakashi guilts himself with obito's death so it could a "way to get it"

10. AdreneLyne

Who knows, the man is just a darn great genius.

He found some way, like he does for everything.

11. Jh1stgen

Maybe to piss off Sasuke and hate Itachi even more. Just imagine ifSasuke did kill Naruto, and he finds out nothing happened for it.

12. SarcasticIrony

The whole 'kill your best freind' can definetly be wrong, since Itatchi said himself that only somone with Uchiha blood could master the Sharingan, and has just been proven wrong by Kakashi. The manga doesnt state it as fact, Itatchi just says it. People have said "I'll kill you" before, but them saying it didn't make it true (heh, dumb example, but it works for me)

13. TEK

If he had done this, he would have obtained Mangekyou at the time he did this. Also, he would have then used Mangekyou in the battle against Itachi that he had way back when in Konoha. That's why I'm certain it happened some time during the time skip. As to when and how is yet to be solved. Only time will tell.

14. justafase

Rin could've been killed by Kakashi possibly, then just recently found out about how to activate it. I think it's very plausible.

15. tuggumkee

Kakashi did not obtain MS through killing a friend. Isn't that OBVIOUS?!? MS would have manifested when Kakashi killed someone, cept he didn't. He did it some "good guy" way, because so far he's always been the "good" sharigan user, compared to itachi and sasuke.

16. snakeye123

personally i think that kakashi did create a new way to get it, but in terms of killing the best friend it could be obito. from the smll arc about that, kakashi felt guilty about now being able to save obito, and therefore could think that he killed him, in a way. and since that he gained the sharingan, and only now hes had the power to obtain the MS, and so has only just got it, despite the fact that he 'killed' the friend ages ago...

17. Duttyman Momochi

oro left when kakashi was already of age so he probably saw him last without the sharingan.. and oro probably left right before he got the sharignan..

so i think he reffering to the sharingan which he also wanted at that moment.. u have to take into account both jiraiya and tsunade knew him from before they left.. so oro def knew since he keeps an eye out fo geniuses..

18. snakeye123

personally i think that kakashi did create a new way to get it, but in terms of killing the best friend it could be obito. from the smll arc about that, kakashi felt guilty about now being able to save obito, and therefore could think that he killed him, in a way. and since that he gained the sharingan, and only now hes had the power to obtain the MS, and so has only just got it, despite the fact that he 'killed' the friend ages ago...

19. Jimnast

Itachi says you need to kill your best friend to obtain the mangekyou. As we have seen the sharingan itself has only evolved through combat in sasuke's case. Again when sasuke was fighting naruto, he got the 3 tomoe sharingan. Again during a tough tough combat. Therefore this leads me to a deduction: The mangekyou sharingan is a higher level of sharingan, as we know, bla bla bla. Itachi killed off the entire uchiha clan. Now we know the sharingan evolved through combat, perhaps itachi, needed an extremely tough battle to evolve the sharingan again. Uchiha shisui or whatever his name was, died. They were close friends itachi and shisui. Apparently shisui was quite the ninja, uchiha probably killed him because he knew it'd be one hell of a battle. He obtained the mangekyou and killed the entire village to test the power of this sharingan. Now the reason itachi told sasuke to kill his closessed friend is because perhaps he knew it was naruto and that it'd be an extremely tough battle, that he could possibly win, and therefore he could evolve his sharingan even more. But then that leaves the question, how did kakashi obtain his sharingan. Perhaps he fought a tough battle against gai maybe, but didn't kill him of course, and the battle helped him evolve his sharingan. Anywho.
    I don't think it's got to do with emotional stress or anything, I think the sharingan simply evolves through combat, as we've seen it done in sasuke's case twice.

20. Chi

One thing that was always bothered me, is taht Shisui was drowned.
    If they really fought at full i can expect death from kunai stab, or your body blowing apart. But he was drowned! I just don't understand how could he kill him without creating some physical damage. It's kinda impossible to drown a ninja, since they can walk on water..
    Only one thing, is that he hit him from behind, and then drowned, but then it wasn't battle. And then it true that you need to kill your best friend..

21. Jimnast

Yes, but what's interesting is the monologue itachi gives after knocking down the 3 other uchiha dude's, it's almost as some kind of justification speech.

22. Kepa

itachi already was a genjutsu master at that age I guess... and drowning an unconcious person isn't hard at all..
    but the only weird thing is that shisui was supposedly one of the strongest uchiha members.... I guess it's like sasori killing the 3rd kazekage, we'll never know how but it sure is an accomplishement :cool

23. emma0

wasn't kakashi going to drown after he was tsukuyomi'ed? o_O

i dont know if itachi did kill shisui or if he already acquired the MS before the confrontation. but a tsukuyomi on shisui over water might be feasible.

or maybe i am just wrong. its one of the mysteries, really.

24. Chi

Yes.. He could kill him with help of Tsukyomi. I doubt any other genjutsu could help him. remember, Shisui was most skilled Uchiha ta the time, and i doubt there was any genjutsu that can beat his Sharingan...

25. Nois

Everyone forgot that Kakashi was Yondi's student and therefore his entire team was surely well known in the village(and the sannin especialy due Jira). Also Oro held some grudge to Yondi since he was chosen for the 4th(thus he probably didn't like his team much too:p)...they surely knew each other before Kakashi got his eye.

26. lekki

Sasuke finally kills Naruto, goes to Itachi for the final fight and tells Itachi what he's done and Itachi's like "Psyche!! Fooled ya didn't I? You don't need to kill your best friend 3 times, just run 5 laps around the track:)"

27. cygnus

Did Sasuke actual read in the Shrine that you have to kill your best friend or did Itachi just tell him? If it was just Itachi, that would mean that that was just HIS prerequisite so he told Sasuke because that was what HE did. That would make Kakashi's evolution more logical.

28. Grrblt

I don't think that the sharingan evolves purely from combat, I'd say it evolves when the user absolutely needs it. Haku was owning Sasuke until he got the first 2/1 sharingan. Oro was owning Sasuke until he got 2/2 (at least I think that's how it happened), and Kyuubi Naruto was owning Sasuke until he evolved to 3/3. Obito awakened his sharingan when Kakashi took a blow from an invisible ninja and they both seemed pretty fucked. Four instances where the Uchiha could not win except through improving their sharingan. Sasuke still wasn't able to take Oro down, and Oro never intended to kill him, but the thing is that Sasuke *believed* it to be a life or death battle and that's why he had to evolve to 2/2.

29. kapsi

So he killed him with MS in order to obtain MS? T I M E P A R A D O X

30. Splintered

I'm near possitive that I read that sharingan is evolved through certain stressful events in someone's lifes. Each time a sharingan evolves, something significant has happened. Whether it's acknowledgement or the want to protect a precious person in someone's life.

Killing your best friend/precious person is a whole nother world of stress and either sends you in a horrible emotional state, or it means that you have completely given up on such emotions. One of the two probably activates the mangakyou. It's not the action but how you react to it.