1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

How did you first find out about Naruto?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Virlynmatrix, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Virlynmatrix

I stubble upon the manga on a DBZ fan forum and someone mentioned how similar the manga was.

How did you guys find out about the manga

Tags:
  2. Wormbaby

1 person on my buddy list kept nagging me to download the anime, another kept nagging me to download the manga and worship Lee.

This went on for months, untill I finally gave up...and now I blame them for my Naruto addiction. :laugh

3. Angelold

But if i'm rite ... i think its when i was surfing BT Forums for some other animes and i saw Naruto... so i just gave it a try and got addicted now~~~

4. Kamendex

I was playing a called Dragonball Z: Gekisen on a gameing program with like 100's of people, and a lot of them talked about Naruto and had Naruto characters, so thats how I found out.

5. Shiron

Well, fist, I bought my first graphic novel: Rurourni Kenshin Volume 1. In that book was an ad for the monthly Shonen Jump magazine. I was interested in what are kinds of manga there were, so I subscribed. In the first issue I got, I saw a series called Naruto. I started reading it (this was toawrds the end of the Zabuza fight) and found that I liked it. I then bought the graphic novels (up to where the issue of SJ was) and read it from the beginning. This all happened, of course, before I stumbeled onto manga scanlations (which I really whish that I had stumbled onto earlier).

6. Dyroness

I was searching some forum... then there was this guy with a naruto avatar. Then suddenly, everywhere I went, there was that whisker-faced boy. I discovered it was Naruto, then found an OOOOLD and awesome forum about it, saw glimpses of the anime, and became interested. But at the time I couldn't download anime so I went to an IRC channel and leeched every volume. It was May 2003. :spaz :spaz

7. ShounenSuki

hmm if I remember correctly my first contact with Naruto was through a yaoi game called "Icha Icha Paradise" ^_^ it wasn't until later that I found out it was also a manga and anime series

8. Merciless

I was downloading dbz eps after my hardrive went the way of the dodo, and i saw a poll saying is naruto greater then dbz...i thought no bloody way dbz is the best manga/anime ever, after awhile i stubbornly downloaded naruto episode 1, thought it's ok but Naruto pissed me off, till the end of the ep were he kicks miz's ass, and thought im addicted!.

9. Niabingi

one younger friend of mine was asking me and my bro about some show or movie called naruto his friend was talking about so i did a little research it seemed okay nothing great anyway i gave it a dload and go hooked from basically the start... now the three of us originals have added many more to the ranks of Narutards

10. Virlynmatrix

Where can I play this DBZ Gekisen

I also watch the first 3 episodes and didn't like it all.Thought Naruto was so annoying but I stunk around since everyone talk about this Gaara & Lee fight and how awesome it was(I downloaded those homemade music video's and enjoy Gaara fighting abilities).So I force myself to watch the rest until I saw the episode.Than BOOM Zabusa came into the picture and was addicted since.

11. Negative-Ion

I was in the adult swim forums, some guy there was talking about this show where this guy kills people with his super ninja skills, and being a sucker for ninjas anime i searched all p2p programs to find naruto, later on i found this forum lol

12. I love Shikamaru

I was forced by my brother to watch the anime. When I did I really liked it. And we started reading the manga together when we could wait to see what happened next.

13. chunks

14. acritarch

went to someone's house and they were watching the anime. the rest is history

15. FFLN

Starting reading it in Viz's Shonen Jump. After the Wave Arc, I decided to look into the anime.:p

16. Malthara

My friend bought the American shonen jump and would let me read it so I read one piece, naruto, and shaman king. The rest was garbage then I got myself a subscription I let my friend read it and he found episodes on kazaa [back when it was still good lol] I hadn't even thought of episodes so then i got into the anime as well which lead to the online mangas seeing as the episodes were so far ahead once i caught up i found the manga went further had to have my fix. Never did go back and reread the whole thing though for the sake of knowing the differences in the manga and anime filler but oh well.

17. HinataFanBoy

my friend introduced me, and has regretted it ever since XD

18. diggydamnpham

I first saw the name Naruto when i first discovered suprnova.org. I'd see the name Naruto but would ignore it and such , then two of my friends and i were talking about anime and such and they told me about Naruto. I told them i saw the name but never checked it out, googled up a naruto site, read it and thought it was meh. But when i downloaded the first episode, seriously that episode got me into Naruto as far as i am now. Didn't start out with manga but with anime and slowly started into manga.

19. Code

Anime I stumbled across on a bored day, downloaded it. And watched it since. Manga about 2 years ago during the summer. Was thinking about stopping Naruto since I wasn't liking the anime nearly that much anymore and read the manga and renewed my interest.

So I guess I found out about it by randomly searching for anime...

20. Violence Fight

I got into naruto via Win-amp's internet TV thing. Awhile back I happened to turn it on the naruto channel, and ofcourse it was mid-series. I didn't think much of it and ignored for a week or two. Then one day I pop it back on, and Its this crazy blond kid being thrown around by a frog. An episode or 2 later it was the Neji vs. Naruto fight. after that I became super hooked. Thats part of the reason neji's one of my fave characters..that fight rocked haaaaard. Then I happened to catch Lee vs. Gaara. game over man, I was an addict. Finally I started DLing the manga and realized, the manga is just as good.

21. Super-Scoop

I was trolling Kazaa Light for MP3's, when on a lark I typed in 'Anime' into the search field. Hundreds of results popped up, and Naruto episode 1 caught my eye. I liked it and downloaded more anime episodes.

This was before I even knew that there was a manga for it, let alone such a thing as scanslations. All I knew was Kazaa. But then I got to thinking... who are these people that dubbed it? So I searched for them... and it led me on an ever downward spiral of corruption, as I leeched off of sites with free manga and anime. Later, I even taught my self the in's and out's of IRC to better cope with my growing addictions. :crying

In short, Naruto is the reason I am now evil.
    :amuse

22. Shiari

Though, It took awhile for me to really like it.. .:p

23. sayam

It's exactly the way I found it... are you my evil twin brother?

24. sik4rilz

my brother started to read it...but he never went pas t book 3....so i took it from there..lolo

25. -InnerGarra-

26. Tesh

I barely even knew what anime was before a good friend in Canada sent me Trigun a few years ago. The only thing I had seen before that was Pok?mon I think. So of course I got hooked, but at the time I had no internet and there was nowhere to buy anime/manga, so it kinda stopped there. Then my older sibling who goes to a lot of LAN's had downloaded another series from someone, this series of course being Naruto. <3

27. Frieza

well i just finished dbz and ws dissapointedf with end even tho i loved the frieza thing.. got Kenshin(watched it all but then a freind told me about Naruto) they rest is history..

28. theoneandonly

i think it was the year 2003...just surfing the net and stumbled a manga rating site and saw naruto getting a 5/5...so i just downloaded it and...now I'm here in 2005 still reading the manga and watched all episodes of Naruto anime so far

29. Super-Scoop

Maybe! Me pappy got around a lot and I never knew me Mammy....

:jk

30. The Sandwich Prince

Eh.. my friend at church told me about Naruto and I told him I'd check it out. By the next week I had already downloaded like 20 episodes and told him I'd burn some for him if I could.. never did though! (I so need a DVD burner.. maybe next month)

I didn't start reading the manga until I had to wait for episodes to come out though.