1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

How is Sakura surpassing Tsunade?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Shoten, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Shoten Kage among kage

This is something i dont get. Is sakura more talented than Tsunade when she was Sakura's age? Because from what im thinking Sakura is just learning from Tsunade.

i dun knoe Tsunade was talented from the start to begin with. So all i see is Sakura surpassing Tsunade in Medicine and Genjutsu but thats about it.

Tags:
  2. Hiruma The King has Come!

I think what was implied was that Sakura is currently improving, and will probably be equal to Tsunade in terms of fighting and medic skills, and that she is also a genjutsu-type at the same time, meaning that she essentially will become Tsunade + Genjutsu which > Tsunade

3. Dommy You never knew.

Keep working hard.......:eyeroll
    And then she will make it.........:thumbs

4. hesd Anomic.

Tsunade was astounded when Sakura completed the 7th level (I think it's Sakura healing the rabbit. I'm not sure.) and even complimented her as probably a healing machine like Shizune. Kakashi also noticed Sakura's improvement (refer to Kakashi's soliloquy during the '2nd bell test' with Naruto and Sakura) . But...

Finis Coronat Opus.

5. Troublesome I'm bringing Sasuke back

I agree. I don't think she should become greater than Tsunade (she doesn't deserve it). Sakura's love for Sasuke brings her down a notch to me (at least Tsunade's was reciprocated). Though on the other hand it could make her more stronger and motivated. Also Tsunade is teaching Sakura everything (I'm assuming) she has learned over her 50+ years and Sakura is only 15 years old now.

6. Sake Hokage the nine wang'd fox

well it is known that sakura has awesome chacra controle, the best of all here peers. I'm thinking they (sakura, sasuke, and naruto) will eventually surpass the 3 sannins in skill.

7. Splintered Active Member

I think more than likely, Tsunade was actually more talented than Sakura at this age. I mean, she was a Sannin. Plus, didn't Tsunade graduate a lot earlier than Sakura?

It'll be awhile before Sakura can surpass Tsunade. It's only been two years, you can't expect too much from that. But it's interesting to see how much she learned, she's an incredibly fast learner.

By the end of the manga, maybe. But it's a bit early to tell.

8. Dommy You never knew.

I think three of them can surpass their own masters:blink ( which are sannins :eyeroll ).....:nod:
    As they have more advantages.......:amuse
    Naruto- Kyuubi
    Sasuke- Sharingan
    Sakura- Genjutsu type ( don't know if chakra control should be included or not....as Tsunade says that as a medical ninja, he/she needs good chakra control.....Tsunade is a medical nin too.....so her chakra control must be great too......therefore, they are both good in that aspect........:laugh )

*Hope I don't say anything wrong......:sweatdrop

9. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Tsuande is very strong and even if Sakura gets stronger she wont be at her strength as fast as Naruto and Sasuke surpass Jiraiya and Orochimaru. I see it like this: Sakura doesnt become stronger then Tsunade, just surpass her. How can Sakura surpass Tsunade? Easily. Become the greatest medical ninja the world has ever seen. Surpass Tsunade in her own area fulfilling the test of "surpassing Tsunade" and still be weaker then he. How can she do this? Well it depends. Do something that proves her medical skills are better then Tsunade like heal a number of people in a fight/war, revive someone back to like without a Tensei Ninjutsu, or ect. Makes sense.

10. ZE E?E

I never agreed with the idea of sakura be too strong, just because she always suck, but actually she is one of my favourite characters, and I like her more, but still stunade is the grandchildren of an hokage and has talent, unlike sakura, that’s why I don´t want sakura to become more stronger than stunade.

11. Leen Peacemaker

Students will always somehow ended up being better than their teachers in one way or another. I dont see Sakura surpassing Tsunade in the nearest time due to her lack of experience but maybe in the future.. Maybe she will be better than her in the medical field but not in the combat area.

12. G. Hawke The one who left

Sakura is talented. :oh
    Her strangths are her intelligence and her chakra control which make her ideal for learning medic based ninjutsu.
    She is a freaking natural at that, as stated by Tsunade herself.
    One day she will equal the Gindaime, no dount about that.
    But what will make her better?
    The point that she base talent is actually Genjutsu.
    Hopefully sonner or later she will start to learn to utilise this part of her talent.
    So hopefully by the end Sakura will be ~
    Sakura = Tsunade + Genjutsu mastery.
    Thus surpassing the Gondaime. :oh

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  13. Dommy You never knew.

Althor, you have clearly pointed out what I exactly want to say.........:nuts
    Thanks~~~~:xp

14. Mizura Meh

And what did Tsunade do to deserve Her talents? :amuse Sakura right now is simply doing her best to save her teammates, the "love Sasuke" part is actually taking a sidelines compared to the duties of saving a teammate. But really. After Dan died, Tsunade became an alcoholic gambler, whereas after Sasuke left, Sakura started training as hard as she can. Before Tsunade became a Naruto convert, she wasn't that strong-willed either (now that she Has become a Naruto convert though... different matter).

But overall... For medical skills, Sakura is advantaged compared to Tsunade because she can benefit from Tsunade's acquired experience. It is a Lot easier to learn the knowledge someone else first discovered than discovering it herself, so Sakura can acquire all of the things Tsunade learned, then add to it. Standing on the shoulder of giants as they say.

For super strength, in 2.5 years, she was able to replicate this much of Tsunade's strength, and this thanks to her perfect chakra control. Kakashi must have perceived this to mean that she can in time acquire as much strength as Tsunade. There's the lack of experience, as stated in the Sasori fight, but she'll gain that eventually.

Then there's genjutsu: as the "genjutsu type", it means she has potential in genjutsu that Tsunade might not have had. If she develops it, it'd be something she'd have over Tsunade.

Finally there's the heart aspect. Sakura haters disagree, but it's stated in canon: Sakura is considered Exceptionally brave and strong-hearted in the manga right now, stated by Chiyo, whom I'm sure has seen a hell lot in her life, and also recognized by Tsunade, who took her as her apprentice Precisely because she perceived Sakura's will to protect her teammates. And well... this is a shounen manga. In part 1 Naruto might not have seen exceptionally talented on his own, but it is because of his will and heart that people believe in him so much, and plot-no-jutsu means that thanks to it, he'll become the greatest Hokage to ever have lived. In the same way, Sakura's heart will make Her a "kunoichi to surpass her master" as well. Tough if you disagree, but this is what is intended to happen in the manga, Chiyo's statement and the cover in the last chapter: "She has strengthened both her fists and her mind... Be warned, for there is but one thing that keeps this "power" from running wild, her "heart".", were meant to spell out if you weren't convinced on your own.

15. Woozie Active Member

She will be placed on a situation where she needs to protect Naruto, Sasuke or both of them. Sarutobi already stated that the true strength of ninja will manifest when they are to protect their important people. Sakura already promised that this time she'll protect both Naruto and Sasuke.

This has nothing to do with reality, logic, or what she deserves. She's a main character, and as much as I hate her, I don't expect any less from her than to kill someone strong. Orochimaru or Itachi could be good bets here.

Also, she is young, and with youth comes the "guts never to give up"

16. Danchou Antagonist

Sakura will surpass Tsunade due to plothole-no-jutsu. Tsunade was a genius and very talented. She earned her rep during the great wars. Unlike Sakura who will only be great due to the teachings of Tsunade.

17. shibigoku Master of the fist

Let's say Sakura is 15 now (not sure of her age). Tsunade at age 15 was stronger no doubt, she was trained by the monkey ninja, the ninja god, the 3rd Hokage, Sandaime, Sarutobi himself (you get the point lol). Now she can't surpass Tsunade cuz she's learning from her. Sakura has to develop her own skills and she has to start on using genjutsu. But Sakura does have the same talent as Tsunade: making that antidote was impressive. Even Sasori wouldn't be able of doing it without the formula.

18. TenshiOni Active Member

Refer to Mizura's post - she basically covered anything I wanted to say.

But to summarize - Kakashi said it himself:

-------

Also, Sakura can already perform such high quality medical ninjutsu that she dwarfs any medic in Sunagakure and Sunagakure's best poison master! Hell, she's better than Sasori at making antidotes!

Now, since one might assume Tsunade taught most of her techniques to herself [a guess assumed by the seemingful lack of care towards medics in Konoha's past (see Tsunade's past with Dan)], Sakura might just very well be beter than Tsunade when she was 15, for all we know.

19. Ulquiorra Schiffer Tsugi no mai: Hakuren

Mizura-san and TO-sama said it best. The only thing that I can think to add is that Tsunade herself said that Sakura had more potential than she does.

Off topic. Sakura is the only one in Team 7 that has a Sannin as a benchmark. Each are training with Sannins, but it's not who they have to surpass. Just to sum it up real quick.

Team 7 : Benchmark
    Naruto : Yondaime Hokage
    Sasuke : Uchiha Itachi
    Sakura : Tsunade

Each will most likely surpass their benchmark, but Sakura is the only one with a Sannin as her benchmark.

20. Devilish Angel is turning innocence to apathy

She'll learn medical jutsus from Tsunade and add her own when she has more experience with it. The genjutsu she can teach herself or learn from someone who's adept at it.

Her own created medic jutsus and genjutsu will give her an advantage over Tsunade.

21. TheoDerek Rise Against

Full Potential Sakura = Tsunade + Kurenai + Jutsu(s) Sakura creates.....+Implants....Nuff said :cool.

22. Dr.Douchebag Terry Wrist

one word :implants :ninja

23. TheoDerek Rise Against

24. Ulquiorra Schiffer Tsugi no mai: Hakuren

Said perfectly. That right there is how Sakura will surpass Tsunade.

25. maya_slash Itachi are belong to me.

Shoten, Tsunade was granddaughter to the First Hokage and she became one of the legendary Sannin. I don't see Sakura going nearly as strong. She got a power up, sure, (well, after the timeskip it was obligatory, as unprobable it seems, considering how slow she's been learning before that, regardless of her teacher) but she's no where near Tsunade's potential and power.

26. TheoDerek Rise Against

She is one of the main characters. That right there almost sets it in stone. They are going to be the new sannin. Naruto and Sasuke are for sure going to surpass their sannin senseis so it would make for a very unballanced neo sannin team if Sakura didn't surpass her sannin don't you think :tem.

27. maya_slash Itachi are belong to me.

Physically she may surpass her, but Tsunade will always have the emotionally and mentally stronger personality. That woman is made of steel. Sakura won't go down that road soon, if the recent events are any indication.

28. Splintered Active Member

Tsunade's temper is horrible if I remember the Tsunade arc. She had explosive anger and got drunk all the time. In fact, her phobia surfaced because of her controllable emotions. Her inability to let go of the past is what caused her to wander aimlessly from place to place. The entire arc was dedicated to her overcoming these emotions and her past...

EDIT: Maya_slash are you from LJ by chance. Your name seems familiar...

29. TheoDerek Rise Against

I'm curious as to what you mean by that. Sakura and Tsunade both seem to have similar personalities but Sakura seems to be a little bit more by the rules. Both get a death glare when they get mad, and both can be angered easily.

30. Franckie Shinigami Chop

I expect team 7 to surpass their respective teachers. With Naruto, there's no doubt since he will have his own skills, iron will and Kyuubi. And even without Kyuubi, his chakra is already abundant. Sasuke with his expected mastery of sharingan and refined techniques. Sakura, with...she's a main character and won't be ignored or portrayed as a weakling. :)

One thing that amuses me is the "she's a genjutsu type" line. There's already mangekyou sharingan more or less labelled as the ultimate tool for genjutsu. At this point in the manga, I think if something is to be hyped or foreshadowed, it should be damn good. Otherwise it just becomes an unpersuasive way to give credit to a character. Moreso in the case of Sakura, who has yet to perform a single genjutsu on anyone.