1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

How jiraiya survived ?

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Hazuki, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Hazuki

all right , i was reading vol 34 about kyubi 4

we know that jirayia fought at least 1 time kyubi 4 right ?
    and we know that jiraiya must be surpise when he saw his studient attacked him
    that why he was wounded i guess..

but we know that even orochimaru said that one of kyubi4's jutsu could killed him

and also that chakra kyubi is like poison

so i wonder how jiraiya survived after have been surprise by kyubi 4
    and we also know that at that time , jiraiya didn't want to killed him , because of naruto , but he still stopped him

same question about tsunade , everybody said that one punch of tsunade can take down anybody and it's true

but jiraiya young when he was watching tsunade nude , she kicked him (a lots) without pity ,and jiraiya was still alive

i guess jiraiya is incredible resisting
    and he must have also a strenght enormous ( remember when he touched naruto with one finger , he put him away 200m

that guy must hide something ... really....
    maybe that why , kishimoto never show him in a true fight

Tags:
  2. IDGabrielHM

Get ready to be assaulted by swarms of people who refuse to admit that Jiraiya's power level is, easily, over 9000.

Yes he's extremely strong. And he was able to survive the 9 Tails because his body is extremely resilient and because due to his sealing skills he was able to subdue the KN4 chakra instead of employ Run-no-Jutsu.

.....personally I think he survived Tsunade because she held back; they are old friends and comrades in arms after all.

3. Kai Retired Staff

1. Suppressed it
    2. Outlasted it
    3. took it down(no bloodlust)

Of course there'll be Jiraiya riders that will come in to say Jiraiya > Akatsuki, so put your suit on and prepare for the swarm.

I doubt it. Jiraiya admitted he suffered from six ribs broken, both arms broken, as well as a number of ruptured organs. Before that, he labeled the incident as a "time where he nearly died." :notrust

4. tommy198

But honestly its been quite obvious from the start Jiraiya is one of the strongest in the naruto universe. Itachi and Kisame tried to avoid fighting despite it being two on one where they had a chance to take him out. Also the fact he hasn't had a serious fight yet leads me to beleive Kishi is saving something special for the Ero Sennin :amuse

5. check0r

He got healed (coincedencly a heal nin came by?)
    Anb Jiraiya must have annoyed Naruto alot to go him into Kyuubi lvl 4.
    And as you said Tsunade was still young. So she I think wasn't as strong as she is now.
    And all Sanin can kick anyone at least 200 m.
    That's all

6. smokeweed420

Dude do you remeber how weak sakura was ? Thats how weak I bet she was! So those punches really didnt hurt jiraya until she learned how to punch!

7. ~ Son of SPARDA ~

Jiraiya survived because he's simply uber... point blank.

LONG LIVE THE PERVY SAGE!!! smile-big

8. Suhio

when did tsunade beat up jiraiya? (what chapter or episode?)

9. Azure-kun

Jiraiya Very much like orochimaru is strong yet holds a resourceful amount of jutsu. I see know reason why a chakra bomb from KN4 wouldn't kill naruto. then again he isn't stupid enough to get hit by one of Naruto's strongest jutsu's *quickly glances to Kakuzu's corpse*

10. Spencer_Gator

I don't think he ran away or anything, he prob just did some jutsu or maybe showed Naruto a pic of Sakura if u know what I mean.

11. Canute87

Jiraiya is strong that's all there is to it.

12. Tyrannos

Yeah, Jiraiya is one of the Legendary Sannin. He survived due to his years of experience and his Jutsus.

13. ordycitizen

From the way he sealed Amaterasu's black fire into a scroll, I see no big deal if he survived from that. What seem more problem is if he failed to survived from that. Because that would be lame for a person who has great reputation like him. The dude already live long enough to know some good techniques too.

C'mon it was only a four tails kyuubified Naruto. Things could be a lot different when the tail reach a number of six or seven or...nine.

Another speculation is an unknown jutsu that could be related to the word of "immortality". As we know, Tsunade has a rebirth seal on her forehead that allows her to live like forever young. Orochimaru once had that kind of "immortality" through transmigration ritual and his snake skin changes jutsu. So it seems that there is a tendency among these three sanin in developing some kind of their own unique jutsu that makes them looks "immortal".

14. Kuroro

The likeliest answer is that Jiraiya managed to duke it out with KN4 for a short period of time in order to look for an opening to suppress the demon fox's chakra. If you take a look at a flashback Naruto has of Jiraiya in a severe state, you see a number of ruptured buildings around the landscape. Furthermore, when Naruto went KN4, he was already seriously injured to begin with, and since Jiraiya knew the chakra shroud induces damage to the body, Jiraiya outlasting it becomes less plausible. We don't know when Jiraiya created the seal sticker, but he may have developed it after witnessing KN1 for the first time.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  15. Tyrannos

Don't you mean Jiraiya creating the seal? :p

Yeah, that is probably how it came about. But somehow I think the seal was created after or during his fight with the Mini-Kyuubi.

16. Kuroro

It's hard to say when the seal sticker was created since we don't know how Jiraiya found out about the first tail to begin with. We know Jiraiya threw Naruto off a cliff just to learn kuchiyose, so I do believe Naruto had a quite a bit of bones broken during the timeskip. Naruto can control himself pretty adequately while the chakra shroud is absent, and it's hard to say how well Naruto can turn it off since we haven't seen a demonstration yet.

I believe that Naruto came exhausted and had a decent amount of bodily damage before the fourth tail formed via the third tail, and for reaons still unknown, transformed once the fourth tail accidently sprouted. Jiraiya researching the chakra can be supported by considering Jiraiya observed how the chakra shroud induces damage, and chances are good he would have researched how Naruto and the Kyuubi relate to each other since Naruto has proved himself an effective host for the Kyuubi so far. Likewise, I'd consider Jiraiya to take a cautious route and develop the seal stickers for unlikely scenarios.

Finally, subduing the MK would explain how Jiraiya got a big nasty scar across his chest, which would have occurred when he put the sticker on Naruto while KN4 counterattacked at the same time.

Of course, it's nothing but conjecture on my part.

17. zrossaye

18. check0r

Damn, man you really made me laugh with that. I don't know why but when image that he survived with his experience just makes me smile. For me he is one of the dumbest chracters, sorry for that.

But still he is a Sannin. And I still think Tsunade wasn't so strong when she was younger. And btw that happened when Tsunade was way younger than Sakura.

Your English is flawless <<

19. SuyGetSoo

...No Pictures no Proof

20. Kusogitsune

The answer is simple. Erojiijii summons frogs. In Japan, frogs symbolize good luck. Therefore, Jiariya is a lucky motherfucker. End of story.

21. theshad

Where do you get that from? Sakura is only like 15 years old right now, I highly doubt that Jiraiya was spying on Tsunade when they were 11 years old.

Naruto was trying to use a jutsu to spy on the female baths and Yamato told him about when Jiraiya almost died from doing the same.

22. whitefang21

Ero Sannin is strong, but i think all of the 3 sannin are going to die and be replaced by team 7

23. AbnormallyNormal

i think the confession jiriaya made about kn4 was meant to hype it up, and also remind us jiriaya is a true sannin mofo.... who knows exactly what he did, but he obivously has many abilities not yet shown