1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

How long is Bleach anime gonna last?

Discussion in 'Society TV' started by thesh00ter, Oct 16, 2005.

1. thesh00ter

Has anybody read on the wikipedia that the anime was originally supposed to end this month. Maybe i read it wrong.

u be the judge:

last paragraph of the opening article

Tags:
  2. Techchu

Yeah but they said they added episodes so now there is 70. Bleh I thought this was gona be a run on anime like naruto and inuyasha to T.T

3. JAPPO

Aw... bleach isnt going to last long? damn it! its my 2nd fav. anime~

4. Ah B

It'll run for at least another long while. After the Soul Society Arc, expect a few fillers (like the ones in Naruto right now) for the manga to get ahead of itself.

5. hakke

Im glad it wont last that long... last special was a whole volume of the manga... I really doubted they had plans to keep it going any longer than 1 season more... or there would be fillers oh so soon.

I give it another season,ending around episode 78.

6. Splyte

are u serious its gonna stop and not continue where the manga is/going that sucks so bad

7. Iruka-Senpai

I wouldn't be too suprised ended after the next arc. Bleach never struck me as a DBZ-esque anime(though I'd like to see a lot of it). I just hope it has a good run and that they make some good OVA's and movies. However, I wouldn't mind if they made more sagas every once-in-awhile like Yu-Yu-Hakusho. I haven't read the manga yet so I'm not sure what happens next but I think it should go on as long as the manga does.

8. Ha-ri

Are u kidding? It will last alest 6 more months, plus they still got the Hollows to deal with from the first few episodes. I mean come on, if you gona show them alest fight them sometimes. I mean even if they get Rukia out of SS they still gona have to fight the Hollows sometime.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  9. me_is_david

i'm glad it isnt a never-ending-anime like Naruto.

but I hope it ends with the manga...if they stop before the manga ends or at the end of this arc, its gonna be a shitty series. since it wouldnt have really "ended"

its like stopping naruto at the time skip =P

10. Megaharrison Retired Staff

The Bleach manga is at 200 chapters now and still ongoing, which isn't that far off from Naruto...Anyway the anime doesn't seem to be catching on in Japan really, so they may end the series at the soul society arc.

11. Scared Link

Wikepidia said that it was going to end in October 2005! Which is like this month!

12. TenshiOni

People, ANYONE can enter info into wikipedia.

I wouldn't trust it at all. =/

13. skmt999

It IS awfully close to the manga. I was worried about that when I first caught up on everything. For such a new series, they didn't wait long to animated it. That means the manga isn't that far ahead. They're going to have to do a whole summer of Kanonji to give it time to get past the current manga arc at this rate. :(

I don't expect it to be a long-lived anime, but I sure as heck hope they don't cut it too short. There's a lot of awesome stuff I'm aching to see animated in the manga. It would be a crime not to!

At any rate, I agree that you shouldn't trust dates put into Wikpidia.

14. ff4930

It will awfully suck if it will end soon. I hope it doesn't. It is such a good anime, I see no reason that it should end.

15. Psyonic

No more animes for me to watch then =(

16. Pentangled

I just caught up with the manga this week and it seems that there is still plenty of material for them to do in the anime. I read all 199 chapters of the Manga this weekend, and no I really don't have a life.

// Edited your post just a bit, the anime-only watchers don't need any hints at what's coming up :amuse. - Utz

17. Axass

Yeah go ahead and trust the wikipedia guys, like the guys who believed Lunar forums and thought it would end at 52. People never learn. -_-

18. Uchiha_Sharing@n

In the wikipedia link i saw up to 70 episodes airing up until feb 2006 or is that sumthing else, well i hope the anime goes on untill the manga ends.

19. Feathers!

I think its the bottom lines, competition and revenue. If it does well in ratings, it should continue with the manga, even past '06. If not, they'll end the anime... but its like Initial D 4th Stage, that was supposed to end at episode 13, were on episode 20 right now and anxiously waiting for 21.

How could any one cancel Kurosaki and Kon...

20. JAPPO

If it doesnt continue, ill kick tv tokyo sqare in the nuts. lol

21. The Sandwich Prince

Bleach obviously won't end until the manga is through and the anime catches up (Unless, of course, the anime ignores the actual series and does something extremely stupid). Until an official announcement is released I wouldn't think of it any other way, especially with Bleach's last episode.

22. Tayuya (the banned one)

Lol, I should have noticed they said "wikipedia" before getting worried.

Just curious, what chapter is the anime at?

23. Spartan_24

bleach is not going to end soon, they still have to kill the main hollow creature. if it ends after the SS arc it would be a stupid choice by them.

24. Oompje

I don't mind if the manga would end at chapter 200 if it is a good end and not something suddenly decided due to low ratings. I do mind if the anime would stop before the manga would, because that would probably mean it would have a ending that would suck bigtime

@ Spartan_24 euhm are you spoilering here??

25. Signy

I was under the impression they where going to break for season one pretty soon, after this arc has finished.

Then let the manga finish it's current arc and make season two.

There is also a film in the works, so maby it will get the second season aired if the film does well enough.

26. Sniper

i doubt they would actually stop is after the soul society arc. Their making serious money from this anime, and it be a shame to continue the manga when the anime could be continued.

27. Potentialflip

I am starting to think whoever gave them the information about the whole Bleach anime ending was with that person who made the false rumor in the Lunar Forums about 52 episodes and a movie. If you think about it episode 52 was release recently in the month of Ocotber 2005. Now it is 70 episodes? Are you kidding me? next it will be 100 no wait 125. As of this moment there is NO official release statement of the Bleach anime ending. The only thing that is new is the fact that the Bleach movie will be made.

28. NineG

maybe they make flashback fillers they show of the captains :S

29. hakke

Last time I checked, Bleach never appeared in the top 10 on the ratings list( dont know recent ratings)... that and the fact that the 40 minute special took 1 entire manga volume, lead me to believe either Bleach would end soon or take a break... or they have fillers planned for a whole year already.

Reading this news is a relief... sure I like Bleach like any other fan.. but looking at our current Naruto fillerpalloza... wouldn't you want it to take a break instead of watching all that "stuff".

whats the difference? why would Naruto continue to air and Bleach to take a break? Ratings and Money. Naruto is in teh top 10. Bleach is not. Bleach has had consistent good animation 50+ episodes so far. Naruto... has not. I wouldn't want to spend more money on something that is less popular.

30. Axass

Bleach has been on the top ten many times already. It's just not constantly in it like Naruto. In any case they're making a movie, which will probably come out in Summer. According to the 70 episodes thing, Bleach should end in Spring. Ending months before the movie comes out is very unlikely.