1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

How Many Actually Wielded One For All?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Tayimus, May 25, 2016.

How many OFAs have there been?

Poll closed Aug 7, 2018.
  1. Nine (The Original, and Eight Successors)

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Ten (The Original, and Nine Successors)

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Tayimus Number One

A small thing that always bugged me is the juggling of terms like "user/wielder/possessor," and "inheritor/receiver/successor" in regards to One For All in the various translations. Depending on which word (or its synonym) is used, there could be either nine or ten people that have had OFA.

I mean, Deku is referred to as the ninth one, (a number even being in his name, like the other users), right? Now, if Deku is the ninth wielder, that obviously means there's only been nine. However, if Deku is the ninth inheritor, that means there have actually been ten people, since the first guy can't be a successor by definition. It's been irking the shit outta me and I dunno where to bring up the topic, so I made this thread. I'd like others' opinions.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Tags:
  2. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Didn't the first OFA user get the power from Sensei? That would make him a inheritor.

3. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

His own quirk combined with Sensei's "gift" so I'm not sure if that counts.

4. RedChidori The Legend Returns

What All For One gave the first One For All user was Stockpile, not OFA. The name of the first OFA user's own Quirk hasn't been revealed (though I've seen people refer to it as just One For All), but as @DarkSlayerZero said, it combined with Stockpile to become what we know officially as "One For All". So no, AFO's brother is the first wielder, no succession.

Now, if you're talking about Stockpile alone, then both AFO and the poor shmock he stole it from have to be included as users.

6. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    I voted nine cause it just felt right :lbj

also these pages may have a hint... probably
    Spoiler:

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  7. Roronoa Zoro Demon King

^ I was initially leaning towards 9 because of those pages, Horikoshi could have worded to 8 or more instead including 9. So, I went back to carefully look at what Deku saw and I think there might be the outline of a 9th figure on the far left (no white eyes).

The scan in the post above has lost detail from cleaning, so here's a better one:

8. Tayimus Number One

Not only that, if we look at the next page, there's very obviously more than eight figures in Deku's head.

Also, Gran Torino once referred to Deku as the ninth inheritor, not wielder.

9. Roronoa Zoro Demon King

BTW, I have been collecting everything having to do with One For All's origin and mysteries.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  10. Tayimus Number One

Well, I guess it's finally, definitively, been confirmed that there were nine OFA wielders in all. :trinny

11. 1Person Well-Known Member

9 the stockpile, OFA is the quirk the younger brother had after his original quirk fused with the stockpile one.

AFO and whoever he took stockpile from arent OFA users.