1. img
    Enter in the Alley Banner Contest!
    Deadline for entries is December 15th.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

How many episodes before you were hooked?

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of the November 2008' started by Fran, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Fran

Gintama started as a real struggle for me.
    I missed the Jump Fest OVA and went to the first episode, impressions were good here.
    However, the lack of comedy for the first 25 or so episodes reaaally slowed things down for me, even 25-50 I was really slow watching this.
    The action at first seemed really mediocre; it seemed like every other shounen, until the comedy really started kicking in at later episodes.
    I came to enjoy the action much later than expected, before finally putting the series in my 'awesome' book. The latest episodes really do hit the comedy mark really well.

[And huzzah, we have our own section again. Lovely, isn't it?]

Great series. If you're here pondering on whether to start this, do so. You've watched through Naruto, so you can definitely take this on board. It's an excellent series if you give it a chance.

Tags:
  2. Camille

Right from the first ep. I was like, omg, is this level of win possible? :awesome

3. Quagles

3-4 episodes, didn't take much. really liked it from the first episode actually.

4. ~Shin~

Then came ep. 25 and I shat bricks.

5. halfhearted

I watched the first two episodes right around the time when the series was starting to be subbed. And, while I really enjoyed them, I ended up putting down the show until fifteen or so episodes had finished being taken care of by Shinsen-subs. After that, I went and rewatched the first two while bulk watching all that had come out thus far, and I was officially a fan.

Since I'd always planned to continue with it and had already begun to enter the first stages of Gintama love-love back from the outset, I guess I was hooked from episode one.

6. El Torero

The first episode that I watched was actually ep. 25. A friend told me to watch it so I did.

Weird enough, I didn't find it particularly hilarious, but found it interesting nevertheless (especially because I was so into Death Note at the time). So I started watching from the first episode. I would say that I was a casual watcher up to around ten-ish, from which I officially became a fan.

Gintama humour took some time to get used to (yea, I'm ashame to say that I sucked :(), but once I did, it was EPIC. :gar :gar

I think the humour's been improving tremendously since the first few episodes. Neo-Armstrong-Cyclone-Jet-Armstrong Cannon. :pek

8. GrimaH

The humour got weaker with the filler around 60+ (right after the godawesome Beetle episode <3) but otherwise it was gold.

The serious arcs were rather weak though, with short and lame climaxes to their decent buildup (the robot one was plain bad) but the Sougo's sister arc was the best serious Gintama stuff I've seen.
    I need moar ;_;

9. Jicksy

ep1 did it quite enough for me, series was epic from the get-go :awesome

10. Ha-ri