1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

How many fictional novels do you read on average each year?

Discussion in 'Reader's Corner' started by Polaris, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

And what kind of genres do they belong to?

Tags:
  2. Trinity Administrator

Flag:
    Russia
    about 30 these recent years
    it's actually alot of nonfiction (psych, cognitive science, etc)

as for fictional: lots of classic lit, some modern

i wanna try to read 50 each year if i can, possibly more than that assuming there are minimal distractions

3. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

I read 38 fictional novels last year. Mostly historical fiction, psychological thrillers and fictional novels that deal with social justice issues.

My goal is always to read at least fifty books each year. If I haven’t read this exact amount of books, I don’t feel like I’m in a position to call myself an avid reader =P

4. Fusion Well-Known Member

Egypt, Russia, France, England, Brazil, South Korea, Japan, Poland
    > Fictional novels

5. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

The disdainful attitude that some people harbor towards fictional literature doesn’t make sense to me, considering fictional novels have the ability to entertain and educate simultaneously, as opposed to factual literature.

Good fictional novels shed light on how the human mind works and allows readers to explore the minds of various types of individuals. Thanks to some of the novels that I’ve read in my lifetime, I've gotten to explore the minds of Nazis, racists, rampage killers, homophobes, sociopaths, victims of racism, victims of homophobia, victims of school-shootings, survivors of genocide and etc.

6. Dark Wanderer In the Shadows

Honestly I can't put a number on how many I read a year, it depends on how busy I am. For fictional though I love fantasy, I read a lot aimed towards young adults. I also love crime fiction.

7. Mider T VM Rapist