1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Anime Awards for 2017 part 2 commences with the category of worst anime of 2017!

Drop by and leave a vote in the following threads: 1 2 3 4 5
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Akihabara TV channel is hosting a banner contest in Contest Central. Submit an entry for the chance to receive art points here!

Deadline is July 7th 10 PM UTC
    Dismiss Notice

How many Frank Horrigans would it take to beat a Space Marine (40k)?

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome' started by ssjjshawn, Jun 13, 2018.

1. ssjjshawn waiting for a revelution

A few nights ago I got drunk, and started to wonder if Frank Horrigan could match a Space Marine, as he is basically a Fallout version of a Space Marine. Then even while drunk remembered that was stupid. Now after work, less drunk me wonders that same thing, but with multiple Franks in a few different scenarios

S1: How many Franks to beat a stock Standard 40k Smurf. The Smurf has a Bolter and Powersword. Franks are Unarmed.

S2: Now the Franks have their plasma casters

S3: The Franks one again unarmed take on a Black Raged up Marine in Terminator armor.

S4: The Franks now take on a Primaris Marine in Terminator armor.

Tags:
  2. Imakarum Mirabilis Mad God

Frank Horrigan's tough but he's never gonna touch a Space Marine really. Space Marines' speeds are pretty ridiculous while Fallout in general lacks speed feats.

3. ssjjshawn waiting for a revelution

Yeah I figured that the speed difference would be a thing, but I thought numbers might make this a interesting match :/

4. HouseScarlet Well-Known Member

I don't think he meant how many Frank Horrigans it would take to kill a space marine, but how many Primarchs it would take to kill Frank Horrigan. :maybe

5. Imakarum Mirabilis Mad God

I mean Frank is stronger than fodder like Moira Brown who can tank nukes without any armor or protection and just turn into ghouls afterward.

You also got Ulysses who with just that mask of his tanked several nukes.

And Frank is more than likely stronger than Ulysses is.

So he should be at least town level if not higher in strength and durability. And that’s a lowball given how far above he is than the likes of Moira Brown.

6. Imakarum Mirabilis Mad God

Boyo

7. ssjjshawn waiting for a revelution

Frank vs Liberty Prime then?

8. Imakarum Mirabilis Mad God

Nah Liberty Prime would shitrekt Frank pretty hard.

Liberty Prime is likely the strongest character in Fallout altogether.

9. ssjjshawn waiting for a revelution

I thought Lp was only town level, or did he get buffs?

10. ssjjshawn waiting for a revelution

Or is he on high level of town closer to city while Frank is lower

11. Kaaant Well-Known Member

Frank can fight with characters that use VATS tbh and they can perceive shit like missiles as frozen in mid air or slow motion, and hit them long before they reach their target.

Never played the originals... but if agility affects their ability to dodge attacks and they’re shooting each other with lasers :maybe

12. HouseScarlet Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, Frank is basically a Thunder Warrior. :lmao

13. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

To be fair there have been Space Marines who have been outbattled by regular humans :awesome

14. Rivers Well-Known Member

Imperial Guard have rushed and killed Chaos SMs using just their standard gear. Sure the Chaos SM killed dozens before he went down...but still, he was brought down.

15. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

You refer to the ghosts and Ibram Gaunt? I think he had a Power Sword which cut through even SM armor like butter. Top tier weapon basically. But yeha, there are incidents like this.

And we have Dinas Chayne an amped Lucifer Black outbattling Alpharius, a Primarch in direct 1v1 swordplay :cat

16. Rivers Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking of the Pandorax Campaign. Chaos SMs were being warped onto the IGs main battleship called the Revenge.

The Captain basically told his crew and officers they had the option of abandoning the ship...or if you want, you can join me and take back this ship. They encountered a few Chaos SMs (walking around on their own), and they just rushed them. Sure heaps of the Imperials died, but on the way they, they found more crewman/officers on the different decks to join and they fought on.

Of course, it was the Dark Angels and Grey Knights who actually change things around when they finally teleported on-board, but by that time the Captain's skull had already been crunched against the bulkhead by one of the Chaos SM.

17. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

Gotta love the Imps. No need to fear the eye of terror. Just throw some tens of billions Guardsmen at it and all will be good :cat

18. Rivers Well-Known Member

When Abaddon the Despoiler unleashed his Black Crusade over the fortress world of Cadia - defended by billions of Imperial Guard: