1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dragon Ball Drawing Contest pt2
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

7. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

How many gates do you think Kakashi can open?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by mikeyman75, Oct 13, 2018 at 10:56 AM.

1. mikeyman75 Member

I know he's only actually opened the 1st gate before, but do you think he's trained enough to be able to open the 2nd/3rd gate? Maybe even the 4th/5th? If you think Kakashi can only open the 1st gate (which is completely valid, it's supposed to be subjective) then why do you think he can't do more?

And if he is able to open more than 1, do you think he chooses not to because of his average-ish chakra pool/stamina?

My personal opinion is he can reach the 4th/5th gate by the War Arc but it is extremely taxing on his body so it wouldn't have a long duration, it has too many downsides to it and his body is simply not suitable for the gates. Using something like the 5th gate would probably leave him bedridden for a good few weeks so it obviously wouldn't be a good idea, but the question in mind is whether or not he's capable. But at the end of the day, his vitality simply isn't strong enough for this type of stuff and he'd probably rather spend his chakra on wielding the Sharingan. If Rock Lee as a 12 year old Genin could open 5 gates, I'm thinking Kakashi maybe in his twenties (probably trains less often and less hardcore/less of a natural taijutsu fighter) could feasibly train to 3-5 gates, especially with Gai challenging him all the time.

Tags:
  2. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

Originally it was the same reason he could barely handle his base Sharingan and MS, shit stamina.

But since that changed near EoS, I believe that if he actually applied himself he could open at least 3. It's never stated that it takes some special condition to open the Gates, just extremely hard effort. So potentially I don't see why he couldn't open all 8.

3. Shark Ikimasu yo

Not anything that will change the result of a battle I'd say.

4. CrimsonRex ☆ Kneel Before Doom! ☆

5. mikeyman75 Member

Once again, it's not about what he wants to open (Obviously he doesn't want to open any besides 1 for training cuz he hasn't done so lol) but rather how many u think he should be able to

The gates seem like you could be able to open them as soon as you pass certain thresholds in strength/power/vitality rather than chakra pool or stamina and Kakashi's not even close to being the weakest character in the series

6. CrimsonRex ☆ Kneel Before Doom! ☆

I can see him opening 2 gates, maybe 3. I don't see Kakashi devoting that much time of trying to go above considering his stamina is a bit on the low side.