1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

How many gates do you think Kakashi can open?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by mikeyman75, Oct 13, 2018.

1. mikeyman75 Member

I know he's only actually opened the 1st gate before, but do you think he's trained enough to be able to open the 2nd/3rd gate? Maybe even the 4th/5th? If you think Kakashi can only open the 1st gate (which is completely valid, it's supposed to be subjective) then why do you think he can't do more?

And if he is able to open more than 1, do you think he chooses not to because of his average-ish chakra pool/stamina?

My personal opinion is he can reach the 4th/5th gate by the War Arc but it is extremely taxing on his body so it wouldn't have a long duration, it has too many downsides to it and his body is simply not suitable for the gates. Using something like the 5th gate would probably leave him bedridden for a good few weeks so it obviously wouldn't be a good idea, but the question in mind is whether or not he's capable. But at the end of the day, his vitality simply isn't strong enough for this type of stuff and he'd probably rather spend his chakra on wielding the Sharingan. If Rock Lee as a 12 year old Genin could open 5 gates, I'm thinking Kakashi maybe in his twenties (probably trains less often and less hardcore/less of a natural taijutsu fighter) could feasibly train to 3-5 gates, especially with Gai challenging him all the time.

Tags:
  2. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

Originally it was the same reason he could barely handle his base Sharingan and MS, shit stamina.

But since that changed near EoS, I believe that if he actually applied himself he could open at least 3. It's never stated that it takes some special condition to open the Gates, just extremely hard effort. So potentially I don't see why he couldn't open all 8.

3. Shark On a break..

Not anything that will change the result of a battle I'd say.

4. CrimsonRex ☆ Kneel Before Doom! ☆

5. mikeyman75 Member

Once again, it's not about what he wants to open (Obviously he doesn't want to open any besides 1 for training cuz he hasn't done so lol) but rather how many u think he should be able to

The gates seem like you could be able to open them as soon as you pass certain thresholds in strength/power/vitality rather than chakra pool or stamina and Kakashi's not even close to being the weakest character in the series

6. CrimsonRex ☆ Kneel Before Doom! ☆

I can see him opening 2 gates, maybe 3. I don't see Kakashi devoting that much time of trying to go above considering his stamina is a bit on the low side.

7. Yamato ANBU- Sadist

Argentina
    I remember reading that he can open up to 3 or 4.

8. Water Style Phenom Brigade

I'm thinking that 3 gates is probably the most that Kakashi should be able to open without being a massive stamina/physical freak.

But him opening more than three? I just don't see it.

If Kakashi seriously wants to achieve the impossible and open more gates, then all he needs to do is believe in the power of youth and he's good to go. :mgnt:gailee

It worked for Lee and Guy-sensei.

9. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

10. sabre320 Well-Known Member

Fodder ninjas were able to open up to 5 gates along with lee to bust the meteor...kakashi was already able to open 2 gates at start of the story..honestly i dont think theres much holding him back from opening higher gates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Comfy Comfy x 1
    • List
  11. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

I think the only thing stopping them from giving him gates in Boruto is the fact that its guys shtick

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Comfy Comfy x 1
    • List
  12. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

I wonder what stopping Naruto and Sasuke from using gates.

Especially Naruto due to Rikudou body and healing he should be able to use 7th gate without any set back or risk.

Now imagine RSM Naruto opening 7th gate.

13. sabre320 Well-Known Member

Hell his rsm healing along with uzmaki body and kurama might even allow him to use 8th gate now with the hashi arm aswell.

14. Brandon Lee Green days are not gone

Mexico
    kakashi lacks youth

he can probably open 1 or 2.

definetely not the third one