1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

How much did Sand/Sound lose in the invasion? (perhaps clearing up)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by The_Leader, Nov 30, 2005.

1. The_Leader Nope, not here!

Let's look at chapter 174, page 5.

Iruka says that including Sarutobi, nearly half, half of Konoha's forces were lost/killed/whatever.

In return, how bad did the Invasion forces fare?

Do you think that they lost big or it was fairly bloodless for them?

Tags:
  2. yummysexyhinata New Member

of cors the sand/sound lost more...they look poor compared to the leaf...kakashi and gai alone destroy many of them in the arenas :p..but iruka seems exaggerating a little bit..i cant see the leaf is getting weaker

3. The_Leader Nope, not here!

But the Leaf IS weaker. That's why everyone with arms and legs gets sent off on a mission, pre Rescue Arc.

Absolutely everyone who isn't a Rookie or Shikamaru.

4. Gunners .

Yeh sand probably lost less men but a higher percentage seeing as the have less ninjas.

Sound i really dont know, not much is known of them as a village. The ninja lost from leaf were most likely you adverage person.

5. Alia_Atreides Mew...

Humm... a lot?
    I guess they had big losses, because, after all, they lost the war. But I think Sand was the one who lost more - they even lost their Kazekage! They got the worst of it.

6. ZE E?E

The leaf lost the hokage, which a lot of people in other countries feared, all the forces of the sound and the sand that invaded konoha were killed, but if you look at the konoha side, there were a lot of ninjas alive in the end, the best ones didn?t even had any injury, like gai or kakashi, the only great lost was sandaime, and if oro couldn?t transfer to others body, then he would be useless without his arms, and the death of sandaime would not had been in vain. So I think konoha defend himself in the best way.

What do you think would happen if konoha invaded the sand for example, with ninjas like kakashi, jiraiya, gai, kurenai, asuma, I think the result would be different then it was in the konoha invasion, after all konoha survived to the attack of on yumma(gaara) and one hokage level ninja(oro). And the same happened when itachi appeared in konoha with kisame, itachi is stronger than deidara, but deidara kidnapped the kazekage, itachi with kisame had to escape.

7. Gunners .

Im suprised villages like rock, grass and all the others didnt try and invade konoha or something i guess the the beuty of allies or did they fear jiriyia??

Anyway i dont see any village invading konoha at this point in time, just look at the new generation, it wouldnt work.

8. Nono chocobo turned moogle

the Sand sent 100 men to Konoha for the invasion. So they lost 100 men, don't ask me where i got the figure from, it's in the manga, one of the sand nins said that they could only station 100 men around Konoha.

9. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

The Leaf barely survived the attack, their casualties were probably much higher. This is seen by the fact that they threw everything they had into the fight.

Given the small scale of ninja combat in the series, I would say the Sand/Sound forces suffered some 800-1,000 casualties. Leaf is probably double and if you include civilians, triple.

10. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Ill help you out chocobo.

11. Splintered Active Member

It DID affect Konoha. The reason why everyone, even those who had preexisting jobs and/or was not fully recovered had to take on missions. Not just for money but if they slacked of it would be a signal to their employers, and other potentially dangerous groups, that they were weak.