1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

How much influence does Kishimoto have on the anime?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by caius, Oct 19, 2006.

1. caius Member

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but I've been wondering about this question. How much influence does he have on the anime i.e. on the filler arcs, anime only techniques, etc.

Tags:
  2. Snakety69 Ding! Check Please

I'm not sure, but in an interview, he said that the anime influences him to draw faster and better.

I'd like to believe he's heavily involved with the anime.

3. Iruka ♡♥~カカシxイルカ~♥♡

IIRC, (I may be wrong,) Kishimoto has nothing to do with the anime. He may be asked for advice and the like (because it is his story), but other than that he's not really involved in how the studio deals with the Naruto anime.

4. Darkhope ヽ(;▽;)ノ

=/

This was actually quite some time ago.

Basically he is influenced by it.

5. Insipidipity Ignostic Buddhist

Small correction.

If Kishimoto puts a scene in the manga, it's likely to have a large influence in the anime, so he does wield a rather large amount of it.

While he may be able to make recommendations, by licensing it, he likely abolished any rights to the final product,
    Spoiler: technical details
    and as such, Naruto the anime is Naruto the anime, and Naruto the manga is Naruto the manga. Whatever happens in them is truth, and nothing outside of them exists in their world. Which is why the way a majority of the forum seems to use the word canon is retarded. To imagine some vast universe beyond the bounds of the pages is fine and dandy from a literary perspective, but from an epistemological standpoint, it's pointless and a bit ridiculous.

6. TickleMePink XD

^Doesn't Studio Pirrot have the final say? However I don't think people should just assume Kishi has ZERO say in the anime/fillers. It's his story. I don't think the anime can contradict the manga either. Why should it? Naruto is very popular.

7. Turnip Girl Purveyor of Fine OroKabu

Do you think Kishimoto would approve of the content of the filler?
    There's your answer.

8. Knight of Fate ☢CAUTION☢

Kishi said he's influenced by it, yes. But thats way before, I think he said that in an interview during the Zabuza Arc.

9. Mizura Meh

Not at all! There are Lots of examples of anime taking COMPLETELY different courses from the manga, going as far as to change the storyline and the endings. :amuse On the top of my head, there's Utena, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Shaman King, X, and a bunch of others I've forgotten. Sailor Moon the anime is Nothing like the manga.

Basically, once the writer has licensed his rights to the anime production team, he no longer holds right over what the anime production team does. The anime can do whatever it wants, unless it chooses to do otherwise.

10. Futagokage Runaway Kage

There are rumors that the Ramen girl was named in the anime and Kishimoto let it in the manga, I think it can be influenced a little, but not that more.

After all, the style of the fillers break completly the style of the series. And just to complet Mizura idea, there are a studio (Sunrise) whose usually create first the anime and then the manga with a whole different story, like in Mai-Hime, Mai-otome and S.Cry.Ed

11. Hellsrader Member

Kishi mustve made the latest filler arcs cause there good.

12. Futagokage Runaway Kage

I doubt it, but after more than a year of fillers, they have to begin to learn how to do it, and is logical that there should be 1 or 2 good.