1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

How much time do you think Toshinori has left?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Luiz, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Luiz Well-Known Member

Constantly coughing blood, no stomach... I can't imagine someone like that living much longer.

Tags:
  2. Visa DekUravity Shipping Trash

Maybe till next year at the latest? Nighteye did say Toshinori had 6-7 years left before he dies a gruesome death, and that was 6 years ago.

3. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Dude is still running. Plus he's still has the reflexes to casually catch high speed objects out of his field of vision.

If he's going down, it won't be due to some sickness or because he's being some kind of unhealthy chump.

4. PureWIN Mr. Prince

This series seems to be actively subverting the "Mentor Figure Dies" trope in Shounen, but it can go either way. No one has any reason to come after AM now that his retirement and condition is public. Perhaps a Piccolo-ish sacrifice where he briefly uses his muscle form...

5. Luiz Well-Known Member

I was talking about his health. The guy is coughing blood, for crying out loud.

6. PureWIN Mr. Prince

Depends on how long the series lasts in-universe. I can see him surviving until Ikuzu becomes a full Pro-hero. I was under the impression the coughing up blood came from overexerting himself, so as long as he chills he should be ok to live for several more years.

7. Luiz Well-Known Member

Nah. There have been moments when they were just having a normal conversation and suddenly BLHRHRLH! Blood comes out.

8. PureWIN Mr. Prince

9. Luiz Well-Known Member

Before, like when All Might was telling Izuku to "introduce himself to the world" in the sports competition.

10. PureWIN Mr. Prince

Yeah, that falls in line with my theory. I don't think I've seen him coughing up blood since his retirement.

11. Luiz Well-Known Member

How? He wasn't exactly fighting in that moment.

12. Soljah Super Ghost

Im calling this. All might does have short time but he won't die in that weak form. Something is going to happen where he will be healed/get a suit (eri or something) or a way to fight again only to die that way. He's going to die fighting and passing on some knowledge to Deku before

13. WorldsStrongest Dio With It

Canada
    Id have much rather seen him die in a Mutual KO with AFO than die in a damn hospital bed

Honestly hope they pull something with the OFA quirk where All Might temporarily gets his powers back but it costs him his life to do so...Maybe in some effort to save Deku from a newly AFO amped Shigaraki after he captures the kid some day down the line or something.

The Symbol of Peace returns just to save Deku before dying...Not to Shigaraki tho :scust

Due to quirk overuse or equivalent exchange or something

14. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

You mean, the cast from lifespan trope ? Nah, I hope he has a brutal death. As brutal as possible. Also

THAT WAS THE POINT OF IT. ALL MIGHT HIMSELF SAID " I thought I would die and that would be my last heroic act, so I would kinda go out with a bang", the fact that he didn't upsets even himself.

15. WorldsStrongest Dio With It

Canada
    Who hurt you?
    How does this in any way affect what i said?

16. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

No one. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ALL MIGHT. And I want him to have a brutal death because that would mean he doesn't die in a hospital bed, instead if he dies brutally, it means, and I hope it happens in the following: him, saving someone(Hope it's not Deku nor one of the named characters) from villains, but he doesn't have his durability anymore so he dies horribly, but makes enough time for other heroes get in time. This would be the perfect ending for him. Him getting impaled, or a hail of bullets or something like that while using his body to shield an innocent civilian, THAT would be him showing that with no powers, you can still become a hero.

That it means that Horikoshi knew that there was a perfect opportunity to kill him off while adding to his character, and the fact that he didn't die there, means Hori has something up his sleeve for All Might's death.

17. WorldsStrongest Dio With It

Canada
    Okay
    Or he just subverted our expectations and avoided the cliche of the mentor dying in battle and thats his only plan

18. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

Yes, that too.

19. Soljah Super Ghost

I hope with nighteye death that maybe it changed his fate. Deku and everyone proved it could be done

20. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Depends do we think he is dying naturally? Or do we think he is dying getting tortured by the Villains?

Or do we think he has a little left in the tank and gets one final fight? Its Shonen after all and it tends to be rare for an Old Guard character to die with no fight.

21. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

He shouldn't actually be alive with no stomach... or respiratory organs...

I'll be happy as long as AM isn't killed by that sickly malnourished looking fellow... guy has no finesse whatsoever... desperately needs chap stick wtf

22. Luiz Well-Known Member

You mean Shigaraki? I think that guy is itchy all the time because he never takes a bath.

I meant how long can he live with his current health issues, assuming nobody ever kills him.