1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

How quickly does the anime catch up to the anime?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Panzer Kunst, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Panzer Kunst

This is a bit of an issue on another forum I frequent. A few of the users there are convinced that the filler in the Naruto anime has ensured that it will never catch up to the manga. I know this is not true, but I don't have the specific data to back up my claim. I turn to you all to help me acquire this data.

When the anime began airing, where exactly was the manga? I know that each episode of Naruto that was canon could eat up about 3 issues of the manga, so about how long did it take the anime series to catch up to the manga? By the time the anime hit the rescue arc I distantly recall the manga only being at around the Gaara rescue arc. Am I off, and if so, where exactly was the manga when the anime filler started?

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Tags:
  2. Average is for every episode there is 1.7 mangas. However, it was not specified if this included fillers. A project is being done right now due for completion before Wii's Launch by a new up-&-coming scanlation group with rumors of High-grade scanlations being done same-day wednesday & a entirely new font developed by them, plus a much more quality hardware scanner. A member of their group is responsible for this.

3. SuperTyphoon

I'm pretty sure they go at the same pace...

4. *Reads your post*

I'm pretty sure you are wrong...

5. Hamaru

Well im not sure but I know that the anime is doing pretty good...I mean its at what? Ep 206? If they cut some of the damn fillers out im sure it will catch up.

6. Fenix

"how quickly does the anime catch up to the anime?"

i'm pretty sure he's right and youre wrong

7. Tyrannos

The Anime indeed catches up with Manga chapters. There is many examples of this on various Anime shows like Inuyasha, Naruto, Bleach. Unfortunately it is a double-edged sword. Too many fillers cause disinterest, but not enough means you catching up and then having to do fillers until more manga episodes are available.

Right now, pretty much what SSSD said is true, around 1:1.7 episodes per manga chapter. But episodes could be created from a few Manga scenes, like the upcoming "Naruto Departs" episode. The only manga scenes we have yet to see is Kakashi by the Grave, Hinatas Embarassment, Lunch with Iruka, and the final departure.

Right now at minimum, no fillers. There would be around 40 Anime episodes for Part 2. But there surely be fillers episodes in that because it takes around 1-2 years to create a single Anime episode, so there would be a delay in the latest developments like the fights with Asuma.

8. Panzer Kunst

Good lord. My topic has quite the typo in it and I can't even fix it! I'm glad most of you figured out what I was trying to ask. This just goes to show how important proof-reading is.

Thanks for the info so far.

9. Knivesx2004

Most manga are no more than 15 pages, but episodes can vary when they cut off or if it's going to be an hour long special or not.

But to answer your question, once the fillers end I predict it may take a year to get up to where the manga is now. Asuming there are no more fillers and an episode is released every week.

10. If that was true, then it would've taken at least 206 years. So basically in 1800 is when they started production. The technology to make these episodes wasn't even around then, which causes me to believe it was a typpo of the same sort the Thread Title consist of.

11. kyuubiman

12. YoYo

It takes little over 2 weeks to make a single episode, plus they have different studios making different episodes.

So in theory if they had every single studio who has ever worked on naruto doing an individual episode they could pump out episodes daily.

Think about the movies, they have much better animation and are longer than the manga yet the full animation process takes little over 2 and a half months.