1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

How strong are Karin Juugo and Suigetsu?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by StarlightAshley, Nov 30, 2018.

1. StarlightAshley Well-Known Member

In Shippuden how strong were Sasukes' teammates? I don't have a very high esteem for them and put them at about chuunin level. So around the same as Narutos peers. Are they supposed to be more like Jounin level or Akatsukis because I don't get that impression LOL :rotfl:rotfl

Tags:
  2. Karyu Endan Smilies = Not serious

Karin is unambiguously High Kage tier, at least at the end of the series. Using her chains she was able to destroy Spiral Zetsu's Mokuton buddha, where Edo Hiruzen could only stalemate it and the rest of the alliance was helpless against it. And she survived the same technique that killed Neji by biting herself, so she has well above average durability as well. Granted, those feats are from a single chapter near the very end of the manga and don't reflect her portrayal during the rest of the series. Most of the time she's a non-combatant who doesn't fight because that's not what Sasuke recruited her for. Her area of expertise is as a sensor, and she's consistently portrayed as one of the best in the world in that field.

Suigetsu has lots of bad luck with his in-series match-ups. On paper he should win against most of the K12 because of his Hydrafication alone making him immune to practically all their attacks. The match-up with Hyuga's depends almost entirely on whether or not Jyuken can block Suigetsu's tenketsu (and thus stop his hydrafication technique) while he's liquid. A similar principle applies to Shino's insects absorbing his chakra. And Suigetsu could still pull out a win despite the weakness by playing the range game (Hyugas specialize in CQC and Shino fights at long range, while Suigetsu is strong at both). Shikamaru and Ino can stop Suigetsu from liquifying, but they can't damage him at the same time and would need someone else to take him out. Tenten would need lightning from the Bashosen to disable him, and that's extremely taxing on her chakra. And Sakura, Lee, Choji, and Kiba can't get around it at all. Even BoS Naruto, while he'd most likely win, would do it by exhausting Suigetsu rather than overpowering him. Put this into perspective: Part 1 Kabuto only barely survived a Rasengan because he was healing himself before even getting hit. Suigetsu would survive a Rasengan casually just by turning into water and soaking up the blow.

Suigetsu just doesn't appear that strong in practice because his two big on-panel fights are against Raiton users. Never mind that Orochimaru apparently thought he was enough of a threat to restrain him in a test tube. Never mind that he (just barely, mind you) survived a perfected Bijuudama head-on when Orochimaru was certain a direct hit from a weaker one would kill him. Never mind that he effortlessly subdued Jugo when he went berserk in the war arc by liquifying through Jugo's attack and leaving his head in a water prison. Never mind that two finger guns were all it took for him to knock Spiral Zetsu down. No one really pays attention to those things when Killer B and the Raikage's guard keep disabling him with Raiton and making him look like a patsy. Also, Kubikiribocho hindered him more than it helped, since it tires him out quickly and slows him down. During the Hunt for Itachi arc Suigetsu and Jugo stalemate each other, while in the war Suigetsu no diff's the rematch. It isn't a coincidence that the loss of Kubikiribocho came with a massive buff to reaction speed. The boy was weight training without even realizing it! :smartgoku

Speaking of Jugo, he's also underestimated by the narrative, but not to the same extreme. Unlike Suigetsu and Karin he doesn't get remarkably stronger over the course of the series, but he's stronger than his fights with Killer B and A might make you believe. During the formation of Hebi, Jugo mentions that Kimimaro (as in, healthy Kimimaro) was the only one in the Hidden Sound that could calm him down when he went berserk, and in saying this he refers to both his strength and his kindness. This scales Jugo to below healthy Kimimaro, but above any of the Sound Four and sick Kimimaro. There's also the fact that he's a walking fountain of natural energy and thus he can imbue senjutsu properties into his or others' jutsu (this is in fact the only reason Sasuke could damage Juubi Jin Obito at all) and if he were so inclined, achieve Sage Mode while moving (this is why Kabuto bothered to integrate his DNA into himself).

So yeah. Chunin level is underselling them somewhat. They aren't on Akatsuki's level for the most part (though I will argue that Suigetsu beats Hidan 1v1 every single time), but they're certainly in the realm of Jonin, and in pre-war Karin's case, a Tokubetsu Jonin specializing in sensing.

For that matter, you're sort of underselling Naruto's peers by calling them "Chunin level". Neji, Kankuro, and Temari made Jonin at BoS outright, Lee scales to Neji and reaches Kage-level power with the Gates open, and Sakura and Shikamaru are heavily implied to be above their rank in terms of overall skill. The only ones that are truly Chunin level are Team 8 (who are like Karin primarily focused on tracking and are easily Jonin level at it), Choji (who like Karin shoots up the tiers when he enters Butterfly Mode without the pills in the war arc), Ino, and Tenten.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  3. Wrecked Baloney Ho ho ho!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. PradyumnaR Konoha's Sublime Blue Beast Of Prey

Strong enough to save Sasuke's ass on multiple occasions.

5. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    MUCH stronger than they are given credit for.

Sasuke had himself a solid raid team there for a hot second, a Tank, him as DPS, a healer, and a mage.

Karin disappoints me, I wish she had shacked up with someone, giving us another Uzumaki (give Boruto a semi-relative around his age, preferably a strong konoichi with some sealing jutsu)

6. PradyumnaR Konoha's Sublime Blue Beast Of Prey

7. StarlightAshley Well-Known Member

You're a big Gai fan right? Why is he called the blue beast if he wears a green outfit? Where does the blue come from?

Would you have wanted her to have one with Suigetsu?

8. PradyumnaR Konoha's Sublime Blue Beast Of Prey

I dunno maybe the 7th gate blue vapors.. Cause thats beast mode...
    But in the manga it gets translated off here and there. He is usually the noble blue beast of leaf or the sublime green beast of prey, cause he is both green and blue depending on the gates.
    One doesn't have to be a Gai fan to explain this... Just saiyan.

9. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    Honestly, with how they interacted throughout the show I could see crazier things panning out, although as much as I'd prefer Juugo (purely due to the genetics and what the result would be, as well as a potential humor episode where Juugo turns back into a kid, not unlike Goku in GT and having to go home to ChiChi) but in all reality Suigetsu does seem to be the type who could/should have a kid.

Just imagine Karrin keeping her kid in a cradle, and the next thing you know it uses Hydrafication and just melts through the bars.
    It would for sure have to be a sassy girl though, with some Suigetsu teeth, red hair, and maybe some healing jutsu while she is young.
    Perfect place to start from and she could be a useful character, she would have already been introduced and scrapped/kept depending on plot requirements.

Seems like the type of thing to waddle around Orochimaru's lab, & I could see Oro even being an uncle type, creepy ass uncle, but still.

Doesn't he actually say "It's time for the Leafs Blue Beast to emerge" during the War Arc before his fight with Madara, then once it's not enough he says "its time for the Red Beast to emerge"?

does he have any other feats using 7th Gate aside from putting Kisame on a stretcher?

10. PradyumnaR Konoha's Sublime Blue Beast Of Prey

That's why I said even I am not sure.. He says both green and blue depending on translation.

He bodied Madara's susanoo in gate 7.

11. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    lmao

Welllll they would kinda both be Uzumaki, so that'd be a tough sell.
    I wouldnt hate Boruto being into her like Naruto was towards Haku, just to be shut down once he learns who she is.

If that's too much, give him a peer/relative who he would be casual with (not unlike his aunt Hanabi) and maybe give them a mission or two together, she wouldnt be major.

I feel ya.

Just looking at the GIF of Gai using 8th Gate and getting that dragon shroud makes me wish the fight was a liiiiitle bit longer, it looked so damn good and aesthetically pleasing.

12. Suigetsu Legendary

Suigetsu is easely kage level or beyond. In burrito he is among the top 3 or top 5 strongest shinobi. Due to his skills and possible new training by Orochimaru.

No, she and suigetsu dont like each other in that sense. I would have rather have suigetsu with mei terumi.

BTW I am pretty certian Salad is karin's genetic daughter, sakura was just the carrier.

13. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    You should make a thread for this, could get some interesting replies.
    Seems like he went even ish with Kisame/Killer B for at least a hot second, and still has a few other abilities he could utilize.

Ya know, you aren't wrong here!
    I love this idea, and that's 2 unique traits that could be legit combined, Boil Release, Lava Release, AND Hydrafication, don't even get me started.
    That kid would probably alter the "liquid" their body turned into, and maybe use a form of acid instead of water so physical attackers take damage???

Orrrr for those who think Karrin swings for the both teams, Mei changing her mind about men and chasing Karrin would be a funny story/trigger for some.

Orochimaru should pose as Jerry Springer and have his own show.
    I'd watch it, Sasuke in the middle of several women, causing all sorts of trashy kanoichi fights

14. Suigetsu Legendary

Alright, you are on. Some folks lost their shit because it was threatening to break the status quo.

The marriage would be like the medieval ages to provide a super powerful heir for the sake of the mist village.
    And yes, the kid would have ultimate potential, imagine using lava gun instead of just water gun. Or super hot pressurized water like a geiser, even Gengetsu "troll kage" would be pretty proud about such destructive power.

Now this would do a legit interesting kid, capable of fight the haxors that this manga is plagued with, instead of the boring ass new gen kids.

eww no thanks, mei is fine with suigetsu.
    Spoiler:

This is a legit scene that I would have liked to see, Suigetsu meeting Mei again and her giving him the headband that he left behind when he was abducted by Orochimaru.
    I like to think he collected all the swords and sent them to the mist village, while he keeps an eye on oro and carries the master scroll of them too.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    You'll have to @ me so I can contribute

I like this idea A LOT, and would much prefer that over the time Yagura got, could be a crush for Boruto "in another village" and potentially use that to push the Boruto/Sarada angle, that it feels like they want to do in the future.

That. Is. Perfect.

It'd be redeeming, that's for sure.
    Maybe allow him to carry one of the swords, or be listed as one of the new swordsman on call.

I also kind of wanted him to get Samehada, especially after shiztalking Kisame and wanting it.
    Maybe Oro could make a clone/similar sword for him to use, maybe snake-oriented rather than shark?

16. cobe42 I'm ok with being wierd.

Jugo/suigetsu are high level jonin.

17. Suigetsu Legendary

A crush for boruto? well I always wanted Suigetsu to have a boy to continue his family's legacy, IMO ofc.

I did want him to fight kisame and there where a lot of foreshadowings that they would duke it out, supposedly even kishi had the fight scripted out already.
    Imp the master scroll for the swords would be fine I guess, but orochimaru should help him out to become way stronger.

18. Mider T Oh Christmas T!

United States
    Karin is a support character so its damn near Impossible to gauge her strength. I wish we had more Uzumaki characters to compare her to.