1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for Graphic of the Week 50 -- Contest Central Banner is live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Voting for Photograph of the Week 54 -- Landscapes is also live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Entries for Graphic of the Week 51 -- Dragon Avatars are open! Click here to check it out!

Entries for Photograph of the Week 55 -- Freestyle are open! Click here to check it out!

-- Contest Central Staff
    Dismiss Notice

How strong is Ichibei?

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Divell, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Divell King of Trolls

I am not arguing due to Yhwach unable to cut Ichigo due to blut vene. I am arguing for Yhwach having striked Tensa Zangetsu twice and was unable to break it.

Before adquiring Bankai, Yhwach had only done 3 things hold his own against base Ichibei, overpower fullbringer Ichigo and split Yamamoto in half.

Who do you is more powerful from Bankai Ichigo and Yamamoto?

2. Sablés Well-Known Member

Is the translator's addition, that doesn't exist in Viz materials. It's also bloody irrelevant, because it means he is "unsure" but leaning towards certain that his men can't handle this power, but he assuredly can. It still carries the connotation that he is more powerful than the others. Last post you're getting out of me.

3. shunsui1 Jacking in.

I would not talk if I were you lol

Dominate:
    have a commanding influence on; exercise control over.

It's called a Dictionary

One Royds ability
    Two it's been 1000 years there should be a difference in something

Who says he couldn't? Two hits shows he couldn't when he was holding back???

What fight? Yhwach played with Ichigo
    Hasch caught Ichigo by surprise

It was stated why the arrow did what it did. Read the manga

If Hasch was stronger than Yhwach then why send Royd? Why not let the second in command take care of it?

One attack Ichigo defended against the second he intercepted because his attention was on yhwach. Who was holding back which is stated in that exact same scan.

Again you're making statements with no proof and you can't prove which is obvious. Didn't yhwach say he was holding back? Didn't yhwach(in the proper translation) say only he could handle his Bankai? Can't you read?

4. shunsui1 Jacking in.

Make a thread then if you're so confident

5. Divell King of Trolls

1. Mangahelpers have shown themself to be more accurate than Viz.
    2. Exactly. He is not sure about the others. He only knows about himself. But let's also look at his other various statements and feats I copilated earlier:
    3. Royd straight up took his Shikai attacks. And Yamamoto didn't notice any difference between the past Yhwach and Royd. Uryu has the power to surpass Yhwach. Stated by Yhwach himself. Hashwalth is straight up stronger than Uryu. And more physically powerful than Yhwach as he was able to cut Ichigo's Bankai when Yhwach couldn't.
    Lets just mention those 3.

Without the need to mention he relies on Nnialzol for protection (if two tongued bastard was weaker why even use it). Gerard becoming as strong as Shikai Kenpachi. Pernidas being able to evolve to the lv of the likes of Kenpachi.

There are obviously the dubious powerful ones like Meninas able to hang around base Kenpachi lv opponents, and Liltotto being even stronger than her. Or Mask De Masculine being able to grow stronger indefinely the more he hears his fans.

You can't talk either way as you're not me. But you're so full of yiurself you are not even reading.

Yes, and how is attacking and having 0 effect = to dominate a fight?

Royd copies memories, Loyd copies powers.

Yes, Yamamoto's bankai was different. That is the difference.

Spoiler:
    Who says he couldn't? Two hits shows he couldn't when he was holding back???

Yhwach was going for the kill.

Yhwach was trying to capture him, Hashwalth protect Yhwach. One was able to destroy Ichigo's Bankai, the other was not.

Yes, but it first needs to penetrate.

Idk. Why not just not go ahead himself?

No. He states "do not think your blunt can stop this attack, i am going to uleash my full power and..."

Can't prove what? I am literallt showing you the scans.
    Yhwach says he is holding back, and the only moment we see him using an special form of attack was against Yamamoto. Was he holding back against Ichibei as well?
    In the "proper translation" I can show you an scan of Kenpachi saying there ain't nothing I can't cut. He literally says

He ain't sure of anything.

6. shunsui1 Jacking in.

I understand that you're reaching to try and prove a point when everything goes against it...

From you:"Yes, because dominating means all of your attacks were inefective."

Explain 0 effect here because again from the beginning of the fight until the almighty is active he's clearly shown to be Superior to Yhwach. Yhwach has to react to him the two times he tried to step ahead they were completely shut down and he took damage from it.

So if you're trying to capture someone are you trying to kill them or???
    Yhwach was holding back. So yes Hasch >Yhwach holding back lol does that make you feel better?

Wasn't the arrow meant to nullify his powers? Kinda would suck if it couldn't penetrate the guy who it's meant to stop

Wasn't he talking with Aizen kinda explains why not go yourself. But doesn't explain why not have Hasch steal his Bankai if Hasch is stronger. That's like if He sent Cang Du to fight Shunsui instead of sending Hasch because In your head cannon he's "stronger"

So he's holding back lol

There you go.

7. shunsui1 Jacking in.

wrong thread lol

8. Sablés Well-Known Member

Thanks. Gotta take this L :wow

9. Divell King of Trolls

You literally ignore the words I say and I am tye one reaching?

That was sarcassm but I guess I can't use it as it goes over your head.

Ichibei only started to truly dominate when he used his Shikai and subsequently Bankai. Before that they both were on equal foot, countering and equaling each other's attacks. And when Ichibei noticed touching Yhwach was a no-no, he decided to use Ichimonji instead.

When you try to capture someone at the very least you try to incapacitate him. Yhwach failed miserably to incapacitate Ichigo whie Hashwalth left him unable to attack without the need to kill him via the same method of attack i.e physical attacks.

The fact that it penetrated is the feat I am talking in question, when weaker bows only made Ichigo bleed as he was able to caught his arrows. Is the same as Grimmjow impaling Askin. Yes, if it lands it will cause inmense damage. But Grimmjow need to be strong enough to penetrate Askin first.

Why not send Hashwalth to deal with Aizen? His balance is more effective to deal with Kyoka Suigetsu. I guess was a miscalculation but still wanted to pull a charade so everybody still saw him fight. And tire Yamamoto so he himself could kill him later without sacrificing his right hand. Yhwach kinda wanted to humilate him. He had a personal grudge after all.

I am not saying he is not. My whole point is that he is not the most powerful Quincy at the time. He was sure he could handle Zanka no Tachi himself, but wasn't sure about the others.

Top that, plus his obvious grudge and wanting to humilate Yamamoto personaly and you got the whole situation when we are in.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 6:17 PM
  10. shunsui1 Jacking in.

But you're ignoring the panels that you posted yourself of yhwach saying he's the only one strong enough then you tried to say he only says that because he's arrogant now you're trying to further deny the panels you yourself posted by wrapping your logic around it

Very important. He must've been dominating before he could truly dominate. Which means Yhwach was no match. And even then shikai IS NOT the full extent of a shinigami. Bankai is so he still got dominated either way.

Failed miserably is an over exaggeration.
    Also he didn't realize his Quincy powers would activate he stabbed him in the neck I think he did his job if not for that.

A blade specifically made to nullify did it's job. Don't know why you need to be that strong to use it. Nanao is weak as shit but still did lille dirty

11. Divell King of Trolls

I don't I literally posted an even more on the spot translation than Viz from manga helpers. Saying he is sure of himself t9 be able to control it but not the other.

Wao. So he was not dominating on panel, but he must have been dominating if he was forced to use more powerful attacks.

The fact his Shikai and Bankai have a relation ship of take and rename people, you saying Shikai is not the extent is me saying Yhwach was holding even more as he didnt even use his glowy sword.

Which means he miscalculated and got more serious later on, and was still unable to inmobilize Ichigo like he originally intended.

Except that Nanao reflects the power of its target. Unlike the arrow. Which poisons Yhwach to paralyse his powers.

12. Yusuke Uramesh1 Active Member

13. Nevan Well-Known Member

I believe Uryu used the Antithesis to hit Yhwach with the arrow, he didn't actually shoot the arrow at Yhwach.

14. Divell King of Trolls

We see him pointing to Yhwach with a fired off arrow.

15. MShadows Deathbat Moderator

The Kenpachi wank is as bad as the cancerous fanbase that wanked the original Broly to no end.

:scust

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Keishin Well-Known Member

the smoke doenst come from fired off arrow it comes from an arrow hitting a target meaning uryu shot himself with the arrow

17. Divell King of Trolls

Get the fuck out. The smoke is comig from the arc. Implying that was shot. And we see the arrow hitting Yhwach. Any other conclusion is headcanon as fuck.

18. Keishin Well-Known Member

Nope

19. Divell King of Trolls

If you disagree prove your point otherwise STFU.

20. shunsui1 Jacking in.

The official translation is what I go by.there's no doubt in his words as you put. "Only I can control your Bankai"

He WAS dominating on panel you're just downplaying the obvious stomp which was that fight. You are literally the only person arguing that because it goes against your argument and then when another thread comes up you're going to change your tune.

Shikai is not full power in this case Bankai is

Shikai: Senbonsakura
    Bankai: Senbonsakura Kageyoshi
    Difference: one is stronger

Shikai: Hyourinmaru
    Bankai: Daiguren Hyourinmaru
    Difference: One is stronger plus amount of ice.

Ichimonji is in the same relationship as those with Renaming things.
    Logic: if the shikai wasn't stronger than the Bankai or more suited for certain situations then there's no reason to use Bankai.

He was still holding back. He is still the strongest Quincy before the Almighty and after the Almighty. There's nothing to prove that he isn't.

The fight with Ichigo compared to Hasch:debunked by him saying I'll use my full power before being prevented from doing so.

Hasch not stealing his Yamas Bankai: Not being able to. Yhwachs being the only one and those words never disputed anywhere.

Ichibei and Yhwach having an even fight: Think Ikkaku vs. Ichigo. Clearly Ichigo could've stomped anytime but it was drawn out to show abilities but everyone reading knew that it was really a stomp. It's the same except with more power involved. Yhwach throws his best and is EASILY countered again and again. Ichibei with his powers stolen still stayed in control easily.

Hasch being afraid of the meteor: is him being unsure of who can survive that meteor and wanted to keep Yhwach alive but if you lose the head of the snake the rest of body dies.

And the arrow is the perfect counter for Yhwach

21. Nevan Well-Known Member

You may notice the arrow is pointing down instead of up.

22. egressmadara Wanderin' About

Doesn't matter because it's clear Uryu shot at Yhwach from behind. The suboptimal drawing of the arrow's angle is extreme pettifogging on your part, and can be explained by it changing trajectory slightly after being shot anyway.

23. Sablés Well-Known Member

This arrow argument is pretty dumb no matter what angle you take. It's not like the thing was created from Uryu's spiritual power, so it's utterly irrelevant to his strength. Ryuken's the one who created it and is not affiliated with the Vandenreich. It'd be like saying Mayuri is as strong as Aizen for being able to suppress and tie his spiritual pressure down with technology.

24. Divell King of Trolls

Perspective from view. The arrow also looks bigger than Yhwach but is only this big