1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

How the hell do you defeat someone with a sword?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by fungus, Sep 26, 2006.

1. fungus

Am I the only one that thinks, having a sword/weapon is a huge advantage in battle. Like if you only had your fists, and you were fighting someone with the same talent as you, but also had a sword, how do hell are you gonna beat them,

Like if you come close, they just cut you up, electricute you, or absorb your chakra with their weapon, or even worst amputate your arm.

Even Sarutaboi, "The God of all ninjas", had to bring out Enma and fight weapon vs weapon versus Orochimaru, as he obviosuly couldnt fight against Kusanagi with his fist.

I think its very smart, Sasuke is learning the arts of using weapons. Its gonna put him at a huge advantage over Naruto.

However, Itachi doesnt use a sword, which i find odd, but maybe he hasnt need to yet. The only counter against weapons I would imagine is using LOTS of long range jutsus and plenty of it. But even so... if you were the same level you could do the same shit to counter the jutsu and still fight with a sword right>?

Tags:
  2. Spanish Hoffkage

I dont think Baki and Hayate were ever at the same level to begin with. With or without a sword he would have got defeated. So i think that not good example.

Im saying if u like Very similar level, but one has like weapon. It will be interesting to ssee GAI VS Fishcakes and how he goes about beating Sahemada

4. Cardboard Jewsuke

Seriously, get a longer range ability, or become faster. How do you think Kakashi owned Zabuza

5. fungus

What I meant by sword, is really i meant weapon. How do you ebat someone with a weapon (barring kunais everyone has them), when u are just base.

And they have something like a "scythe", axe, sword or soemthing like that.

Sword was just 1 example of a weapon to be used advatangously

6. Hiruma

Go stick to their body. Makes using weapons completely impossible.

7. BattousaiMS

Having a sword isn't really an advantage in Narutoverse. As we have seen in most cases swords can be matched with kunais or other weapons or jutsus. So really don't need to have a sword to get back to stalemate. Orochimaru's sword is a different case, it's the legendary kusanagi sword which in this story is as hard as dimond. Also note you messed up the setting it wasn't Saru who summoned Enma to face kusanagi but rather Orochimaru who used Kusanagi to face Enma in Dimond Staff form, since a diamond can only be hurt by another diamond that's what happens when you happen to be the worlds hardrest mineral.

So in that sense pretty much anything can be used to counter the sword even hand to hand in some extremes (to use it though you would have to have some special jutsus involved though, although there are ways to disarm a swordsman hand to hand). It's basically who is better at their skills then the others, the one who is and who has some luck (or the other bad luck) will prevail.

8. Cardboard Jewsuke

9. Rindfleisch

see Zabuza's ass gettin kicked by kakashi...

10. B.o.t.i

11. fungus

Are you saying Zabuza and Kakashi were equal ability to begin with. LET ME SAY it again, if both oponents are equal in ability, having a weapon IS ADVANTAGOUS IS IT NOT?

MY opinion is KAKASHI WAS ALWAYS >>>>> STRONGER than Zabuza b4 the fight even began... THE only reason it prolonged is becoz
    1. he had HAKU analysing the fight
    2. he had weapon
    3. he had pesky kids and someone to protect at the time.

If kakashi didnt have theese circumstances, he would have beaten zabuza even with/without the sword a lot easier.
    GIve me ane xample of where an oponent has lost where both equal in str, but one had weapon

12. The Pink Ninja

Inreal life someone with a sword woould defeat an unarmed martial artist in a straight fight unless the martial artist had a much higher level of skill than the swordsman.

But this is Naruto. They have magic. It isn't a simple case of Swords >>> Fists. You can see this by the fact hardly anyone has one. And ANBU do have them and constantly get butt-whipped.

There's so much more you can do.

Taijutsu; Fast enough to dodge the blade, strong enough to rip it out their hands and break their bones

Genjutsu; Can't stab what you can't see

Ninjutsu; Long ranged attacks out of the sword's reach

Summon; Gamabunta has a bigger sword than you

Mass Kage Bunshin; *pop* You missed *Pop* you missed *pop* You missed..

13. Spanish Hoffkage

14. fungus

I see your point... But wouldn't it be advantageous for all ninjas (kakashi, and even naruto) to carry one. Like ok.. even if ur not gonnan use it. im usre u may encounter a situation in which it will be useful ?

15. Naruto_Rasengan

It's quite simple... With your wind chakara. :nod

16. fungus

What if u dont have wind chakra? You heart eleemnt

Another example of a legendard ninja is Kisame. ALright this guy is full of Suiton jutsus, but he also has a sword to use to his advantage for close combat. He isperfect example of someone combining weapon/huge jutsu to gain upper advatnage in both close/mid/long rangle battle.

17. Futagokage

It depend, using a sword require ability, if they are not really good with them, it becamea burden. Naruto is a drpout, you cannot expect for him to lear swordmanship, if he is more focused on jutsu and taijutsu (martial arts).

I feel their Kunai ability is good enough against swords

18. The Pink Ninja

Well it's quite possible the academy gives universal weapons training at least to a degree.

But just having a sword isn't good;

1) It gets in way and is bulky ect

2) Training you spend on the sword isn't used for something else

3) Things like Chidori and Rasengan are far more powerful

4) It might not fit in their style. Lee for example fights barehanded. A sword would just hinder him.

19. Naruto_Rasengan

Well then you fight back with something else, such as Ninjutsu, Genjutsu or if your are someone like lee use your Taijutsu. :p

20. SuperTyphoon

Itachi demonstrated already, by poking and prodding Kakashi for 3 days straight. :p

21. Naruko Supporting Staff

Sword is useless if you get disarmed or if you're wounded in such a way that you can't wield it. Best fighter will be the most diverse one. Training bare fisted or to use whatever is available at hand = you are always ready to fight, regardless. If you rely too heavily on a sword and you can't get to that sword, it's broken, whatever...yer screwed. Think to every book or movie scene where the fabulous sword fighting hero gets their weapon taken away and sits around like an impotent eunuch...someone trained in hand to hand is still good to go at that point. Yeah a weapon can give an advantage but a truly creative and skilled fighter can always find a way to even the playing field.

22. Superb Herb

Almost sure that if Sasuke pulls out Kunsangi Naruto will use a wind blade.
    And we know how that will turn out.......

23. Snakety69

Naruto will most likely be gettin a weapon for himself soon. Shit, he'll probably just make a fuckin rasengan sword, that'd be awesome.

24. Goodfellow

Anyway, the rasengan is a pretty good substitue to weapon versus Sasuke's chidoriblade, becouse it really isn't cutable, it's more like a force that pushes the sword back. Rasengan is also one huge physical blow, if it connects or not.
    Also Naruto uses Kunai when he fights. The problems with weapons are the fact that the ninja using them can't do any handseals while he is fighting with it. That's probably why Oro uses his mouth to wield the kusagni all the timesmile-big

25. Kakuzu

I thought that Itachi carries a katana on his back. However, the only time we have seen him use it is when
    Spoiler:
    he killed his/Sasuke's parents.

26. 4ghost

Kimimaro's weapon against Gaara lost because of Gaara's superior defense. Kidoumaru lost to Neji despite having his bow and arrow possibly because of over confidence. Kakashi defeated that stone nin after his blade broke against him because of his superior jutsu chidori.

27. Ofkinheimer

Lets ask Tenten. She has multiple variations of swords and other steel weapons yet her arse got manhandled in 3 moves.

28. Despiser

Itachi DOES use weapons. He used kunais as a distraction/feint against Kakashi, and he used a sword to kill the Uchiha clan.

29. Leader G Zer0

have a better stragedy, set up traps, have quick reflexes.

30. Red Viking

(I just had to say that)