1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

How to Manage your Sims (Help)

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Dejablue, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Dejablue

I just recently rented Sims 2 for the PS2 to see if I thought it was buyable. I'm really liking it so far but there is one aspect of the Sim life that I am finding very hard to control. Romance.

My original Sim is a female who's Aspiration is Art. Later on she invited a guy Sim who's Aspiration is Science, and he moved in with her. So now I can control both of them. But I can't make them fall in love with each other permanently. Sometimes they are lovers but then a mini game might go badly and so they fall out of love. Sims are so fickle.

So my question is. How does one keep their sims lovers. And how do you advance the relationship further?

If you want anybody else can throw in their Sim questions. Maybe some knowlegable Sim players know the answer.

Tags:
  2. Aruarian

Burn them, laddie. Burn them all!

3. 2Shea

Get it for PC if you want an actual good Sims experience.

4. Dejablue

There almost was a fire but thankfully it got put out. Aaaand I don't think burning them will help my Sims fall in love.

5. Dejablue

PC or not. WHAT I'm playing the game on is NOT what I'm talking about.

6. Wondermilk

but it does solve everything D:

But to be serious, Iv eonly played the first sims, so I can't help.

7. Dejablue

Well I'm hoping someone will answer my romance question and not go off into a torrent of nonsense.

8. 2Shea

I'm just saying that things are alot more managable, realistic, and fun on the PC version.

You wouldn't be having this problem, is my point. Because I've never had a problem w/ keeping them in love. Just telling ya to switch to PC before you get too into it, you'll enjoy it 1000x more.

Honestly all I can say is keep trying to make them do romantic things, besides that I dunno.

9. Dejablue

What does the PC version have that the PS2 version does not regarding Romance?

10. 2Shea

The list is too long, I'll just say that in terms of features, PS2 vs PC version, it stacks up like this:

Ps2- ... PC- |||

11. tsunade1095

Well I don't really play the PS version of the Sims2. But, I still want to help. I guess if things are the same as the CP version:

Keep them talking together
    Make them eat meals together (they can talk at the same time)
    Make them watch TV together (It helps fun and comfort too)
    And if they get on a bad topic while talking, change it to something they both like.

This should raise their relationship so they will no fall out of love as easily. Hope I helped. :) good luck!

12. MYK

also, I recommend (as one other person has done) that you continue to have them be ridiculously romantic. If you can, get them into a bed together. Kissing, hugging, cuddling, etc are the usual.

I've only ever played the PC version, but if there is a hot tub, do romantic things there as well...and do stuff like that every Simday...eventually, you should probly just marry them.

Another hint: Walkthroughs are your friends. Seriously.

13. Saurus

14. tsunade1095

Romantic things are good for social when the sims are in love, but don't do them too soon or it will be the exact opposite.

15. HaremWarrior

They should just WOO HOO and then carry on with their merry simy ways. Else just always keep them together, and make sure that each sim doesn't talk to another sim of the oposite sex. *nods* Or you should get them to marry each other. Then they should stay in love all the time.

16. Artificial_Sunshine

I had that game on my computer for over a year, and I had so many hacks and mods it took up half my memory.

If you want to download people/characters, I reccomend Modthesims2.com

Sims 2; It's the only game where Oprah can live down the block Itachi who's married to Jessica Simpson who's cheating on him with a member of the Blueman group.

17. Dejablue

Well so far i have gotten them to marry, which is funny since they haven't even had sex yet.

But since you guys are like a group of howler monkeys about how much the PC version is superior. When I buy the game I'll buy it for the PC.