1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] How to stop getting notifications

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by Dylancool890, Dec 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dylancool890 Kendrick Lamar For Life

Can I stop getting notifications from email and if you have to get rid of your account how do you

Tags:
  2. Catamount Wreak havoc

Trinidad and Tobago
    Btw disabling all email notifications does not fully work. I still keep getting them even after disabling all for a few times.

3. Nataly Bulletproof

Go to the thread you are willing to stop getting alerts from, click on 'Unwatch Thread'
    It might not work because of some glitch the site gets and recent skin issues; and in that case, go back to the thread and click 'Watch Thread' and make sure you choose 'without receiving email notifications' and then try to 'Unwatch Thread' again.
    Make sure in your 'Preferences' in your account 'receive email notifications of replies' is not checked:
    Spoiler:
    Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
    • and receive email notifications of replies

I doubt hard deleting the account is possible because of several important reasons, but if you really want to, you can ask the staff in SCR thread to make your account 'guest', but I wouldn't recommend going with completely deleting your account.

4. Catamount Wreak havoc

Trinidad and Tobago
    It does not work tho.
    I did it like 3-4 times already and I am still getting notifucations each time I leave a post. Which is rare, but still.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Nataly Bulletproof

The site has been glitching hard lately and some settings might have been reset back to what they used to be. One good way to not get notified of a thread is to not visit it again after you get an alert that another user has replied to it. When I ignore it, I never get a notification after that

6. Catamount Wreak havoc

Trinidad and Tobago
    Yeah i know but it is not like i do not want to stop getting alerts in general - just not to the email.

7. Nataly Bulletproof

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.