1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

How to unlock UI

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Prince Vegeta, Mar 10, 2018.

1. PureWIN Mr. Prince

I mean... if you consider the secret 5th requirement of being the MC... probably :oldshrug

In-universe, I suppose falling into a Spirit Bomb was an extremely unique circumstance that is incomparable to something like a self-destruct technique.

2. Kuzehiko

I do not think you can unlock UI if you didn't first unlock God ki.

3. Luceus Banned

I think it takes god practice first so God ki

4. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

Frieza did it, but considering he killed Krillin after it must have failed.

5. tonpa Mafia

Ultra instinct explained

6. Luceus Banned

7. TheWiggian World's Strongest

Flag:
    Germany
    Goku is the MC, UI is a new super OP technique. 1+1=2

8. Soljah Super Ghost

I was hoping on a whim Vegeta would get UI by taking Toppo Hakai ball and breaking his limits like Goku but .....

9. Cain1234 Well-Known Member

Vegeta probally got UI just before the explosion, the background was just messing with the eyes.

10. Prince Vegeta So I be written in the book of love

Vegeta has it

11. Prince Vegeta So I be written in the book of love

Mhm vegeta has it

12. Kuzehiko

Don't forget about that.

13. Roman Chariot

Putting aside the whole "Goku is the MC" argument, I'd say part of that is to do with the mindset. Remember back to Whis's criticisms of Goku and Vegeta. On the one hand, Goku has trouble maintaining an attentive state outside of combat. That's what lead to him being shot by Sorbet. On the other hand, Vegeta is always far too tense and has trouble not thinking about his actions.

Between the two, Vegeta's mindset is much more detrimental to achieving UI compared to Goku's because by definition, UI is the absence of thought. Additionally, we've seen Goku address the issue of him not maintaining his guard outside of combat when he hired Hit to kill him. That was part of his training to maintain a constant state of awareness and be ready for anything given that Hit could attack him anytime, anywhere and when he would least expect it. On the other hand, Vegeta simply kept training the way we've seen him train throughout the entire show i.e. muscle training.

So it's not just a matter of Goku being the MC. We've actually seen Goku training on his own in such a way that makes sense for him to have achieved UI before Vegeta. Vegeta trained hard, but Goku trained smart, and that's something that has always set them apart and is the reason why Goku has been ahead of Vegeta throughout most of DB.

14. Bogard Well-Known Member

This is a good point, especially the Hit bit. It's true that he refined his senses of carefulness a lot from engaging the greatest assassin of the multiverse with his paralleled world, invisible hits and images in the obscurity, which in a sense removed some of the weakness brought up by Whis, with the genkidama placing him in a life-threatening situation enough for him to break further into that shell in his potential