1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

How wealthy do you think All Might is?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Aros001, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Aros001 Member

Pro heroes do get paid by the government in MHA, and not only is (was) All Might the number 1 hero for a long time but he also has tons of merchandise that uses his likeness, so I imagine there's some royalties that come from that. From what's been stated, Endeavor has plenty of money to throw around as the (formerly) number 2 hero, so was that money from before he became a hero or can we assume that a big enough hero can make a lot of money out of their job? (and remember, Endeavor has merchandise too)

Tags:
  2. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

I've thought about this and I can never come up with an answer that satisfies me because there is so many factors that you could talk about and angles you could come from to justify an answer as to how wealthy AM is
    1) So this is just the straight up money he receives from the Government. Being the #1 Hero you would think he makes a killing being the top dog for like 20 years BUT therein lies the problem. Most government jobs have a cap so even though his earning potential is 1million per day his government cap for the year is probably something like 100k/yr. It kind of wouldn't make sense if they kept making exceptions for AM in regards to money because then why didn't Stain say anything about it? I'd assume 10%. The reason this is so low is because look at Gran Torino. He was a top hero for many years and he seemingly gets paid like shit if he is living in a shit apartment in some random neighborhood outside of the main city. Same can be said for AM's mentor. She didn't seem like she lived lavishly at all either. Was probably getting paid crap by the government.
    2) This is AM's merchandise and TV stuff. He is like a celebrity and for example RDJ makes like 500million a movie and he doesn't do shit really. He just acts. I'm sure as a real hero AM would make a killing off movies and merch hence where 40% of his money probably comes from.
    3) This is AM's special things like going to the Sports Festival, going to festivals, being apart of special events. Hilary Clinton or any politician get paid MILLIONS of dollars to talk for an hour on nothing. I suspect AM gets paid similarly where the other half of his money comes from. 40%
    4) This last part is his actual teaching job. Teachers dont get paid enough to get wealthy anywhere so this money isn't too high but at the same time he is a special teacher and headmaster to a whole school WHILE still active duty as a Pro Hero. I'd assume he gets paid a small sum probably another 5%
    5) This last last part is what he receives from America. He obviously goes back there from time to time and was probably the #1 Hero there as well for a few years. If there was anybody on par with him it would have been stated. He probably still receives a stipend of some kind for his duties. 5%
    BONUS) This Bonus money is probably what Gran Torino gifted him or will leave for AM once he dies. Same can be said for his mentor. Unsure if she left anything to AM when she died like estate or anything. These are unknown monies but still count in the grand scheme of how wealthy AM is.

All in all I bet he is the LEGAL wealtheist character in the MHA-verse sort of like he is the Jeff guy from Amazon. But you must still consider there is the wealthiest ILLEGAL character who is probably AFO in that regard. He ran the underground for almost 100 years. I bet he has stashes of money somewhere hidden if he ever needs it. I mean I don't think the scientists and the Nomu stuff were cheap. Plus paying off all the cops all those years and especially the traitor. AFO would be akin to say Putin or something.

At this point I'm quite confident to say AM could buy and sell all of Japan if he wanted to. If anything it would be like how America(Japan)is the richest country but even America is nothing compared to the Rothschild empire(AM/AFO) or the like.

3. Luiz Well-Known Member

I'm more curious about Toshinori's life outside being a hero. I mean before meeting Izuku and becoming a teacher.

It doesn't seem like he had any friends or hobbies. He probably just spent three hours being a hero and the rest of the day alone in his house, wallowing in his own misery.

4. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

I imagine he made pretty good money as the top hero for quite a period of time. As for his home life, he has obviously been on friendly terms with Police detective Tsukauchi for some time, so I wouldn't say that he has spent much of his time brooding. It seems to me that he has focused his life on his profession, and with his desire to be there for others I can see him being more involved with the Police Dept as well as other heroes, operating behind the scenes when he could not be upfront.

5. Kellogem Well-Known Member

I think he was only doing that hero business because of the money and the whores..

now he is hoping he would be able to get some % of dekus future income like his agent or something. maybe he had him sign some paper he is giving 30% of his salary to him in return for OFA off screen. he needs the money, since he reduced to a skeleton the whores ask for much more.

maybe since Gran Torino got senile he managed to arrange he is handling his pension as well, thats why is is living in a shithole. its only a matter of time All Might put him in and old folks home, he is waiting until Torino cant fight anymore.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. King1 Go Wild

Don't think he is wealthy tbh, i thought that was one of the reasons why stain respected him, he is not a hero for fame or fortune unlike other heroes whom he calls fake IIRC:pepethink

7. Aros001 Member

But I'm pretty sure that Midoriya once talked about All Might having his own Hero Agency (season 1, sometime before entering UA, I believe). I feel like having an agency would mean that he and those working with him are getting some kind of payment. Even if not for himself, he has had at least one sidekick who'd still need money to live off of.

8. King1 Go Wild

Yeah i never said he does not have money to live comfortably, just said he is not wealthy like extremely rich

9. Kellogem Well-Known Member

I dont think Stain would even know about that.. All Might could have a fucking island, and unless he would show it off in tv nobody would know it. I doubt he had any idea about how much $$$ he has on his account, one of the reasons why Stain was an idiot who was just going by his assumptions.

And the guy calls people phonies for all kind of nonsensical reasons, did Tenya strike you like a guy who was in hero business for the money or fame? he obviously just ran into random heroes he was killing without having an idea what they were motivated by.

10. King1 Go Wild

11. Aros001 Member

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your previous post. I guess I was more comparing it to Endeavor's Hero Agency and the Iida family Hero Agency, both of which we've been told in story make plenty of money (Endeavor having plenty of money to throw at his problems and Uraraka's comment about Iida coming from money). I guess I was just thinking that more popular/successful the hero the more money their agency brings in. Plus there's the royalties from all the products that use the hero's likeness.

All that said, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if All Might donates a good amount to charity or police organizations.

12. Kor Well-Known Member

Deku couldn’t find any information about him online, that old man is the most obscure, underground, low key as one can get.

13. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Seems like a down to earth guy. In the first episode he was wearing cargo pants and a white, oversized shirt, and buying food like coke and celery from some kind of convenience store. The most expensive stuff he owns are probably business suits for professional stuff.

14. Astro Indubitable Moderator

Based on the quality, color of his suit and costume, I'd say he's not wealthy. Most of his money would come from Sponsorship and Endorsement. However, putting pimping out All Might's brand like some capitalistic pig doesn't seem to be his mantra. So he continues to I'd be impressed if he has an upper middle class lifestyle which to me is 250K+ after taxes and living expenses (rent, tuition, gas/electric, student loans, mortgage). You're not rich until you have 1 million liquid (and not the type you spend 1 dollar and you no longer a millionaire), equal value asset and similar earnings as aforementioned.

EDIT: Its worth mentioning he could be donating all his money to something like the All Might Trust and helping the less fortunate across thr globe or something.

15. Ignition Revolving Vaudeville

Considering all that huge copyrighted merchandise, probably a lot :hm

16. Kellogem Well-Known Member

or he could be the scrooge mcduck type and is swimming in his money in a huge vault off duty, but wouldnt spend a dime from it (for anything other than whores and drugs)

he strikes me as the guy who'd have a giant statue of himself made of gold.

17. tonpa Mafia

He is probably broke since a true hero would actually donate all his money and live a modest life.

18. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

in what world would that make sense though?
    he needs to train so therefore he buys himself a gym. i don't see a Pro Hero having a gym membership where the public can distract him
    He needs a secure house so baddies don't just know where he lives and gang up on him so he needs to live in a good neighborhood with lots of security
    Next even a Hero is still human and ESPECIALLY Pro Heroes would need to live in luxury for a bit for some R&R after taking care of the public for years out of their own personal time
    Then you think realistically of all the damages and lawsuits he probably has to pay for. Next comes employees he has to pay for.
    I don't believe any Pro Hero really should live by modest means if they are at the top especially AM.
    Forgot to add one more tidbit: His American friend and all their gadgets. I'm unsure if AM comes from wealth or maybe his friend but somebody surely was paying for all those gadgets and science labs.

19. tonpa Mafia

he had deku clean a beach for training and had him visit his old master who lives in a ruin down house. So I doubt all might own his own gym.