1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

How will Gai get to Kakashi's lvl?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by shibigoku, Nov 12, 2005.

1. shibigoku Master of the fist

For me, Kakashi is a very strong ninja especially now that he has the MS. He is referred as the copy-ninja, as sharingan Kakashi and the ninja who has copied 1000 jutsu. Yet, Gai is said to be his rival. Both of them have a trump card: Kakashi has his sharingan and Gai his gates.

Since Gai is a stronger version of Lee, I'd say that he has great taijutsu skills, ninjutsu skills, super speed and super strenght. We've seen his strenght when he made a whole in a wall by punching a sound ninja, at the chuunin tournament. Gai is known as the leaf's bizarre beast. He must have a very brutal fighting style in his inventory. A fighting style that is strong and can get better using gates. I don't think that his strenght lies in the gates as I think that with training, everyone can get to open at least the first gate.

During the time skip, Kakashi trained his sharingan to obtain MS. I'm sure Gai did some training but with MS, kakashi is now above him. With that stuborn self imposed rule that Gai has, I think that he'll come up with a new technique to surpass Kakashi or get on his lvl.

now what the hell could that be? Maybe and extreme lotus deluxe, but there is no wow factor to it...

Tags:
  2. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

that whole rivalry thing is SOO one sided...Gai merely uses Kakashi as an incentive to improve upon his training. anyone with a 1/4 of a brain can see that a minor character like Gai can't REALLY compare to Kakashi.

thats like saying Sagara Sanoske can defeat Hiko Seijiro the 13th.

3. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

More like Kenshin and Hiko, but I have to agree. Gai isn't, and never will be, on Kakashi's level. The fact that their score thing is tied despite Kakashi really not putting forth any effort is proof enough.

But... people believe what they want to believe.

4. Chatulio Senex

he is not the bizarre beast that is kisame insulting him. Gai is superior to kakashi in some aspects while its vice versa with kakashi. As fas as we know Gai > kakashi in taijutsu while Kakashi is the better overal ninja with better ninjutsu and genjutsu abilities.

5. Gallic Rush Why not?

Gai's trump card is, and always will be the Death Gate. Surpass the level of Hokage? Kakashi wouldn't stand a chance :p

6. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

And Gai would be dead.

What people don't understand is that the gates are a double-edged sword. If you fail to defeat your opponent, you're done. See Lee's fight with Gaara for details.

7. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

I'm confident that Kakashi will think of something, its just the type of guy he is.
    he's like the freakin Macguyver of the ninja world.

8. Chatulio Senex

^ Well you have to take into account the plot. If plot says Gai will kill him with the gates then he will. Lee wasnt supposed to beat gaara he was supposed to show how strong gaara was at teh time.

9. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

If you start thinking "Oh, that only happened because of the plot" how can you possibly enjoy the story?

10. Chatulio Senex

I just can knk i just can :kukuku

11. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

plot excuses are really lame, EVERYTHING is plot.

12. Brant Kogasu General of the darkfire army

Gaara has been past Lee not only then but in everything past that plot point anyway, Lee would've been trashed by Kimimaro if Gaara wasn't there. I think that Kakashi is way above Gai, but that is just at being an actual ninja. If it came down to a fight, it might be just about equal. Gai fought back Akatsuki after all.

13. Ghokun OPtard

When gai takes the sharingan of kakashi..

14. Chatulio Senex

^ That would make gai either really weird or awesome i cant decide.

15. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

because Gai isn't weird enough...

16. Chimmy Die Bugs Die

No matter how strong the rookies or there senseis get noone will out shadow Naruto and his crew NOOOOOBODY, its called a series plot device. If Gai beat Kakashi in strength then he wouldnt be one of the MAIN main characters now would he.

17. Madara The Original Uchiha

You probably meant to say how will Kakashi ever get to Gai's level.

18. shintebukuro Well-Known Member

While Gai takes the rivalry thing a little more seriously than Kakashi, I think Kishimoto has made it clear that they are good friends and do in fact have a friendly rivalry where they both respect one another's abilities, even though they both represent different sides of the genius vs. hardworker matchup.

I also don't think it was any coincidence they were both shown to have insane moves in this recent arc. I feel it is being implied they are equals.

19. Ghokun OPtard

Kakashi > Gai

I think this wont be changed

20. SleepingDisaster I fight for what I believe in

crush kakashi's left eye, and gai will be in the same level as kakashi again

21. Gallic Rush Why not?

**Whoosh!**

The sound my sarcasm made as it went speeding over your head.

Obviously he would be dead, and yes I know the gates are a double edged sword. I'm not a total moron, give me some credit.

22. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

what if Gai uses the 8 gates, but wastes it on a kawarimii? wont he look even more stupid for having used such a move?(if that is even possible)

23. Scorpio3.14 mmmmm....pi

Gai is already at Kakashi's level.

24. Faceless Member

The M Sharingan is also a double edged sword... did you see the condition he was in after using Black Hole no Jutsu twice???

There's no evidence as yet that Kakashi can perform Ameratsu or Tsukiyomi, and given that Deidora was able to dodge the weird black hole jutsu, I think Gai might stand a chance as well (speed freak.)

Gai showed in the Kisame fight that he is perfecty capable of fighting the big guns, even if Kisame wasn't at 100%.

I thought it was implied when Gai said that he was getting to the age where youth was impossible that he was going to train like fucking nuts to keep that from happening. (Was that at the end of Part 1? I really can't remember anymore.)

So Gai still = Kakashi.

25. Franckie Shinigami Chop

I never put Kakashi above Gai and even now that Kakashi has acquired ms, I feel the same. Gai has the gates and Kakashi' ms tech will leave him completely drained and if he misses then Gai will annihilate him. I like Kakashi, but Gai is not a sideshow. He figured out how to move against sharingan and even had another tech that he didn't feel like explaining. Gai has my respect and dynamic entries are fucking awesome. :Gaipose

26. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Why is Gai being so underlooked here. Personally I think that Gai was above Kakashi pre-timeskip. Even with the MS, its not like he will have the stamina to pull it off and its not like it will actually affect Gai. His speed is way to good. Basically it will make them equal at always now with the MS and everything.

27. hellraiser WeaponX

Gai is not that much weaker then Kakashi after the timeskip. I think that Gai and Kakashi were = until the timeskip and even after Kakashi gets MS Gai isnt that much weaker then Kakashi. I still do think that Kakashi is stronger though.

28. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Retired Staff

... When was this now?

29. uncle jafuncle sustenance proxy

No, Shikamaru is the Macguyver of the ninja world...oh snap, the rule of three. Kage Mane, Kage Kubishibari, and Kage Nui. Shikamaru now has three tools. He cannot be defeated.

30. Franckie Shinigami Chop

I think in chapter 143. He doesn't describe the method to Asuma and Kurenai.