1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

HOW WILL THE RECENT RISE IN DARKNESS/DEATH IN THE MANGA AFFECT THE ANIME

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Kinjishi, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Kinjishi

Since part II of Naruto started, things really started to get badass. What does this mean for the anime. I remember when zabuza decapitated Gato, they changed it up in the anime. They cant do the samething with Hidan or they would be messin up the story. And what about akatsuki's potty mouths. Possible controversey there, especially on cartoon network(even though that will be like 7 years from now. Toonami sux)And the oh yes the bloody killing. I hate when the camera moves away from the killing blow and all you see is the blood drip. Looks like a more mature rating is in store for Naruto.

DONT KNOW IF THIS IS WRONG SECTION?

Tags:
  2. Drakor

I can't say anything else but agree with you, however I hope they show some kind of animation with it. They might possibly just show a shadow of his head and reveal his head having no blood coming out of his head and have the body be covered by his scythe.

For Asuma they'll probably have him die just like Zabuza did. But for Sasori cutting up Sasori and Chiyo with the mass of blood coming out and such, we just can't imagine Gaara's death with his bijuu's being sucked out of his body slowly. They might probably just show him yell and have white lights come out and have him lay on the floor in the next scene

3. Rhaella

No, should be in the right section, considering there are huge manga spoilers.

Yeah... don't be too sure that they can't change around things. The Akatsuki will probably be tamed down a bit, unfortunately. As far as Hidan's decapitation, I suppose as long as you don't see the actual thing, zooming in on the talking head afterwards won't be so bad. Though... definitely no longer for 12 year old boys. :sweat

Maybe Toonami will quit after part I, or switch it to Adult Swim.

4. Kinjishi

^^yeah i definitely thought of the Adult swim switch over as a possibility, but Naruto is too popular with the little kids. It will keep its time slot to attract the younger audience. But like I said, this will all be like 7 years from now, considering toonami's current pace. :cry

5. Sci-Fi

They'll cut/tone down on the blood, gore, and guts spilling to keep the TV censors happy. Probably see Hidan's head minus the pool of blood...like a puppet's head. Not much the animators can do if they want to stay in the same time slot (both in Japan and US), but the basic story and fight should be there. There's always the manga to (re)read if one wants "all the action".

6. Missing_Nin

We'll be seeing a lot of 'white light' in season two :laugh .

7. Raptor

I just hope they stick to the original version or my change to the manga will be absolute. Besides part 2 was supposed to be darker. If it doesn't has the same feelin it won't be worth watching at all.

8. Tyrannos

The only thing in Part 2 that I know that would have some serious editing would be Hidan's beheading. In Japan, I could easily see it easily being done with the typical red background with a black siloutte and the head slowly coming off (like in other Animes). In America, they will just edit that part out.

The other fights in Part 2, I don't see much editing except maybe with the blood.

9. kulgan18

Well the only thing that am concerned is how they release it in japan. Am not sure what are they gonna do about the hidan scene.

The dubs are gonna ruin it no matter what so there is no point thinking about it.
    Thats why we have the internet :)

10. fukush

Well, "Kabuto" rips out his heart up close in the animefiller :amuse.
    I wouldnt worry about is to much.

11. DJ-Kage

Rise of death? Asuma was Shikamaru's sidekick. He was a sidekick of a sidekick. And he was the only one to die. His death hardly heralds a new era or a great change in Naruto plot.

Naruto anime is still going to be kids' show. And they'll edit some stuff. And no one will seriously care about some less blood spilling all around.

12. Jink

I think it does. The Sarutobis are being picked off one by one. Next on the list is Konohamaru.

13. naruhina26

I think it would be great to see more deaths that will move the story forward..

But I agree that it would be hard to show it in the anime especially to the younger audiences

14. DJ-Kage

Haha. Yeah, Konohamaru definately should not start reading any long books.

15. GeniusShikamaru

Well Sarutobi was shown being stabbed through during his fight with Orochimaru. Although for some reason when that happened Orochimaru's sword became a lightsaber lol. Nothing is too gruesome in the manga. They didn't put and exaggeration of blood when Hidan kills himself so it won't be toned down because there is nothing to tone down. Hidan's head was always shown at angles were you can see teh wound of the neck bleeding or anything. As far as cussing is concerned in japan there isn't much problem in putting that in anime. It will really be a totally different anime cuz of the happy go lucky spoilers that have been on recently.

16. Kinjishi

A sidekick of a Sidekick? Maybe you need to graduate from the academy before making a claim like that. Hidan and Kakuzu alone killed a whole monastery, the two tails, Asuma(a very bloody battle). Sasori and Deidara killed Gaara initially, then Chiyo dies, not to mention a platoon of Sand, then Sasori(which was a bloody battle).

17. Kaminari

They could just turn the background red and with shadows instead. Just like they did when the demon brothers shred Kakashi apart.

18. Naruko Supporting Staff

It won't. At least not the stuff that comes out of japan and gets fansubbed that you *should* be watching, when you watch =p

In the first 20 episodes we see an implied pederastic relationship, kids being taught to kill, one self inflecting wounds, and a boy taking a fist in the chest and dying a bloody death to save someones life. We then see his corpse getting kicked by the guy that hired him. Oh and before that we see a , what, 4, 5 year old boy watch his father get crucified and killed in front of him.

If they didn't cut that, they aren't going to cut the other stuff we've seen in pt 2. Even with Asuma's death, *he* isn't directly taking the hits...he's just suffering...that's never been edited out of action anime. And the one taking the wounds, Hidan, is depicted in such a way that there isn't a lot of blood on Hidan, and he isn't hurting so...again, all good. Even Gaara's will be left intact because his death isn't bloody, and he does get revived, and Chiyo doesn't have to do anything bloody to do it.

At most they'll put a lil disclaimer in front of the more emotional episodes warning mature content/themes, blahblah. Otherwise, we're gonna see all this.

(Heck, think of the mind-f*cking we see Itachi do to Sasuke...the killing of his *parents* in front of his younger self...again, wasn't edited).

Have faith =)

19. Vegeta's Urine

In 7 years the world will not exist, didnt you know the end of the world will be in 2012? according to the mayans, and we will still be with fillers by 2012.

20. Kinjishi

Hey of course I watch the Jap. I have no patience for the english version. But if you remember, even the jap had some changes, like the decapitation of gato. and as for the haku death, i dont remember seeing the actual strike. And kakashis hand doesnt go through Haku. When the electricty dies down, there wasnt even a hole in his chest. :p

21. Windy

It will affect the anime by making the fillers go forever. XD

And even if they do end one day, I wonder if those stuff will be toned down.... Also how Toonami will handle things like Hidan (sado masochistic religious fanatic? He's a pretty controversial guy) and the underage smoking...

22. Black Swan

Toonami will butcher it up just like what they do to everything, unless it goes to adultswim, than it wont be that bad. I doubt it will take five years more like 2 years if they dont show the fillers. Part one ended in episode 135 i think, and in one year they have shown fifty episodes so about two years should be just about right.

23. DJ-Kage

Maybe you need to graduate from primary school before getting pissy when people disagree with you.

24. Kinjishi

25. DJ-Kage

Sorry, somehow you fail to impress me. Or amuse me.

26. Goodfellow

Hopefully they do the censuring in a good, stylish way, not anything of that extremly stupid way that Amercans do it (a sharp poke at One Piece dub)

But decaptating Hidan shouldn't be such a big deal, he still lived right? And it was pretty bloodless in the manga as well.

27. Kinjishi

If you wanna argue with me you can message me anytime. Dont try and destroy a perfectly good thread with a pety difference in opinion. Im not trying to amuse you my friend, but lets grow up and push this crap aside. No use in arguing over insignificant garbage. :oh

28. Sasuke`

Hmm.. I think that part 2 will be more about the dark side rather than part 1 which is like "the good ol days" as such. But yeah.. Part 2 will probabaly be put on adult swim. I hope it does anyway :).

29. Sypher

By the time Part II makes it to Cartoon Network, all those 12 year old boys will be 20. Shouldn't be any problems. Heh.