• NBDContest
    Come enter in the NBD Banner Contest !
    Deadline for entries is February 4 at 12:00 pm UTC.
  • CC
    Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is January 24 at 9 pm UTC.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

How would you improve Danzo's character both in the past and if he was reanimated

GrandBenja

I would put him in a mature manga, where his decision-making would have been required to deal with complex situations, rather than in an idealistic Shōnen. Danzō's problem is that he is a Seinen character dropped into a Shōnen story. He failed because of the genre, just like a character like Naruto would have got himself killed by the end of the first arc in a realistic ninja story.

Aduro

Definitely not a villain.
I guess it might have been nice if he'd done at least one thing that didn't blow up in the village's face in one way or another. Might have made him more complicated if he wasn't such a hilariously unnecessary evil.

But I think he served pretty well as a villain. The issue was really that there was only one of him.

He needed to be killed by Sasuke to further Sasuke's whole revenge thing. But should have been a chance for Naruto to get some political skills before becoming Hokage. Or a reason for Naruto to question what kind of Hokage he was going to be.

dergeist

He is hated, but is well written. He embodied the spirit of a ninja, tbh. I would give him some better jutsu though.

321ice

Yeah what everyone else said about being morally grey + better arsenal, seeing as he’s Hiruzen’s rival and shadow

Shinigami91

Hiruzen is yummy
He is hated, but is well written. He embodied the spirit of a ninja, tbh. I would give him some better jutsu though.
The fillers and novels made him try to assassinate 3rd hokage, leak Naruto's jin. Status, and basically be a prick for no reason, was kabuto's backstory filler or cannon too?
Those actions have in no way helped the village, exept for the naruto one if you squint at it enough

dergeist

The fillers and novels made him try to assassinate 3rd hokage, leak Naruto's jin. Status, and basically be a prick for no reason, was kabuto's backstory filler or cannon too?
Those actions have in no way helped the village, exept for the naruto one if you squint at it enough

He did it for Konoha, the assassination attempt of Hiruzen is filler though. A ninja does what they do, and takes whatever steps necessary to protect the village and give it the edge etc. That is what he was doing from his character angle. Kabuto's backstory is canon though. It doesn't mean all the results of his actions have a good outcome, but the result is measured.

Alita

Alita>You
He was one of the very few great characters in the 2nd half of shippuden. I wouldn't change anything about him tbh. He was arguably the best villain in the series.

Shinigami91

Hiruzen is yummy
He did it for Konoha, the assassination attempt of Hiruzen is filler though. A ninja does what they do, and takes whatever steps necessary to protect the village and give it the edge etc. That is what he was doing from his character angle. Kabuto's backstory is canon though. It doesn't mean all the results of his actions have a good outcome, but the result is measured.
Yes, he's my favorite character because of the concept where he will do anything for konoha, but how in hell is forcing his two best spies to kill each other ever going to help the village?

dergeist

Yes, he's my favorite character because of the concept where he will do anything for konoha, but how in hell is forcing his two best spies to kill each other ever going to help the village?

We don't know why he did it or what he did. We're told from Kabuto's perspective and he heard it from Oro (less than trustworthy). Danzo is a realistic character for better or for worse.

Top Bottom