1. Konoha Library has been renamed to New Leaf. Konoha TV will soon be (or has been) archived. For Naruto/Boruto manga AND ANIME discussion, go to

New Leaf
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popularity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
  4. Avatar upgrade for members!
    All normal members can now have 175x250 avatars.
    Read more about it here.
  5. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
  6. Our latest NF Newsletter is out (November), read it here!
  7. It's that time of the year when everyone spreads good and magic things, to enter in the Christmas Spirit full of art HVoA invites you to

✵ Join the NF Christmas Extravaganza ✵

How Would You Improve Sakura?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by Samehada, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Samehada The Tailess Bijuu

Naruto and Sasuke outshine Sakura in every way. So bad that Kishi recognized it and mentioned it in his interviews and story. Unfortunately, for a team that is supposed to be legendary now, Sakura's abilities are lack luster in comparison which seems unfitting for how tied up she was to Naruto and Sasuke's development.

What would you give Sakura to put her in line with her comrades?

I would like to imagine that if Sakura managed the ability to perform medical jutsu at a distance rather than touch, it would really boost her power.

2. SynthPop Eternal Dorkness

I'd rather improve her role in the story and characterization than abilities.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

No amount of strong jutsu would fix the real problem with her character. She either needed to have a better reason to devote herself to Sasuke romantically or get a completely different motivation.

4. Balalaika Fry Face

A good starting point would be to show and develop her relationship with her family, she's the only member of her team that still has them, using them would have been helpful to make her somewhat more relatable.

5. Inuhanyou Lunar Destiny

Sakura's character is shitty for a lot more things than her power or abilities.

We'd have to retcon a fair amount of the series, maybe almost half of it to even get her to a place where she could be revised.

Firstly, drop Sasuke after part 1. Dedicate her time to her other relationships, show what she does on her off days and introduce other motivations for her. Have her actually stay prominent during plot details relevant to the main characters with reasonable input on issues.

It seems pretty clear to me how Kishi dropped the ball, so much so that i don't understand how he himself could feel satisfied with how made a lot of these decisions.

6. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

Improvements that can be applied to Sakura:

> Give a her a goal focus (that doesn't involve whoring Sasuke) at the start of the series.
    > Let her develop a character-unique skill that lets her stand out (e.g. developing a genjutsu technique).
    > Give her more more story focus (that doesn't involve Sasuke infatuation e.g. like Gaara rescue arc).
    > Flesh out her background, her family etc.

Do all these things and she would be almost as good as Nami from One Piece. :cat

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. HisokaRollin I'm so cool, too bad i'm a loser

Changing EVERYTHING about her should do...

8. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

Make her more like Diane from 7ds. That was way better in the "let's start a character off as a clingy fangirl before developing her so the audience can grow to like her as the story progresses"

Any and all development Sakura had on the story immediately took a step back with every post shippuden Sasuke interaction and dumb worthless moments she had. Like Sakura fan or no Sakura fan there is no denying chapter 693 was the cringiest moment she had. Sasuke literally said he will force the world under his thumb, murder several country leaders (one of which is her teacher) murder Naruto and cause mass suffering for eternity but she thinks she can stop him with another teary confession as if years of verbal abuse and attempted murders and getting angry at Naruto for not leaving her for dead weren't enough of a wake up call for her.

9. Professor83 Ouryuu

Dont involve her in the story line

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Samehada The Tailess Bijuu

I forgot about that chapter so I had to reread it. Wow. It read like a shitty fan fiction.

11. Hussain Stab Platypuses before you eat them.

12. oMeGa1904 WC play-offs follower

Just put her as Naruto. Yawn .... Really the NaruSasu bond and homoerotic tones could have been given to Sakura as equal. That is if Kishi was hellbent on making SS canon as he seemed to be. Sakura's goals and characterization will always be behind cause her approach comes from romantic platonic side for Sasuke while Naruto's come from a friendship platonic side. When you look at it, there is little basis for either of them having such devotion for Sasuke. But Kishi was still hell-bent on making like that since part 1. Her goals will be always be overshadowed by Naruto's since he got the power to do something and the "correct" approach and the complete info. Sakura doesn't have any of them.

13. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

Naruto and Sasuke's abilities were overpowered af. I don't think Sakura's abilities needed to be that improved, simply developed throughout the manga as opposed to only showcasing them during the final arc of the manga. Along with that, just drastically lower Naruto and Sasuke's abilities. Team 7 can be strong, but don't make every other ninja in the universe literally useless in comparison. Also stop trying to replicate old team dynamics, like the old vs. new sannin. Just let these kids be different and do there own thing. Let Sakura go beyond just medical and superstrength, throw some genjustu or a big ass sword in the cake batter, give me some new flavors! Also have Sakura slap Sasuke around for once, he deserved to get his ass kicked by her specifically. None of that, "I just have to leave everything up to Naruto and Sasuke now ^__^!" BS. What was that?? Like for real trusting them to not do some dumb ass shit and get themselves killed. Which they very well almost did :gglife.

14. Twin Steps Member

She has no potential as a character. None at all. Yeah, improve her abilities and giver her a legit reason to love Sasuke. Now what? Nothing left to develop. Hinata would have been a better heroine.

15. Keishin Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. FrostBurn Active Member

Removing her from the story, preferably by killing her off b4 meeting Sasuke in pt2.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. dinosaur ninja proud sasusaku_fan

i wish kishi had given her slug sage mode, that would be amazing.

18. theRonin Well-Known Member

Erasing her from every panel she's been in?

19. Deana Well-Known Member

I actually find her skills as a ninja more impressive than naruto and sasuke's by the end of the manga. She had no cheats (Sharigan, Kurama, Orchimaru, Indra, and Ashura) and had to train like hell to get there. Healers will always have my heart.

I wish she had a rival in the Akatsuki that she got a chance to defeat in the war arc to show how much she'd grown since her fight with Sasori.

I wish that Kishi would've put his foot down and wrote that chapter about her and her parents he wanted to write. He should've written part II in such a way that characters like Sakura got their own arcs, but part II was a mess that had no room for such mandatory liberties that make a story complete.

But . . . then I look at the characters that actually had arcs in part II, like Sasuke, and realize that characters who were ignored, like Sakura, had it good. :mitsukisip

20. Izzyrael England

I'm not bothered too much about Sakura's personality because it's typical of a shounen manga to have a female character. Honestly, Sakura would have been so much better if they didn't make her only have Tsunade's abilities(Naruto is guilty of this). She needs to have her own unique jutsu that makes her stand out amongst Sasuke and Naruto. Being a medic is cool but atleast give her something else that Tsunade can't do. They also need to buff her taijutsu up to make her on par with Naruto and Sasuke because she will be far more impressive as she wasn't born lucky like her teammates.

And now her relationship with Sasuke. It was fine in part 1 because, most people had a crush on someone just tone it down a bit. Either flesh out Sakura's interactions with Sasuke before he leaves the village or have her grow out of it. Anyone would be good because atleast with the former one we get a better reason why Sakura married Sasuke other than the fact she found him attractive as a kid and would ignore his crimes. The latter would be better as it shows she's grown up from her crush. Heck, have her marry Kiba or Lee or something. Or be single idk. Also, don't have her attempt to manipulate Naruto into thinking that she loves him or try to appeal to Sasuke. Or even knock out the guys trying to take down Sasuke.

21. DarkFire immune to modfuck

I think if she was given more background character development other than just being there - like how did she gain her chakra control and stuff like that

22. Hellias New Member

I think Sakura's main problem is not her power level per se. Rather, it's what she's allowed to do with it.
    I was impressed with Sakura more than with anyone else because of how much she managed to accomplish over a short time period with no piggy-backs or asspulls. By the end of the manga she's actually very strong, has trained herself into superb chakra control, has enourmous chakra reserves and knows medicine on par with the best medic-nin in the Narutoverse. And to think she started off with no more than good academic knowledge and above average chakra control. She actually doesn't even use her one forte -affinity to genjutsu- to become strong.
    But here comes the problem- with all her strength and potential she's barely even used for anything in the entirety of part 2! And when she is used, she's either completely overshadowed by someone else or the circumstances escalate waaaay beyond her control. She's definitely capable of being more than just a medic on the sidelines, so if she was just given more important tasks to do I'm sure she wouldn't get nearly as much hate as she does.

Also, I don't even think Sakura needs to be as overpowered as Naruto or Sasuke to "catch up" to them. We don't need another demi-god (even giving that status to Sasuke and Naruto was overkill), just enough deeds to consider her character significant. For example, instead of Naruto distributing his chakra to protect the allied forces, Kishi could just let Sakura heal the whole army on her own using Katsuyu, effectively making her their sole rescuer. It would also make the story seem a little less bs than with Naruto just running around giving out chakra like candy -__-. She could also have had a moment similar to Guy's faceoff with Madara, for example. And she could have DEFINITELY done more against the Akatsuki.

If I had to pick how to make her stronger though... Definitely sage mode. If toads and snakes have it, I'm sure slugs do too. And in Sakura's case it would actually make sense because of the superior chakra control required to make it work. In fact, I was a little surprised that option wasn't even explored in the manga.
    Another thing would be genjutsu, which Sakura is perfect for. However, considering how overexploited it is by the Uchihas, it's understandable why she wouldn't explore that option.

23. AdamWiz The Great Katsuyu-sama

Also if he actually showcased Sakura's power more than limiting her to being a doctor, that would've been a good thing.

As for her character, a lot of her flaws come from filler episodes (punching Naruto every 5 episodes, acts like a brat towards her parents in road to ninja). But I wish she wouldn't cry as much.

But she did showcase maturity a lot.
    Like when she apparently didn't trust Sasuke, and boy she was right when Sasuke was talking about that revolution bullshit.

That's it.
    >Hinata
    >Heroine

:bookerskully
    Didn't they let her be the heroine for The Last and she failed miserably? Damsel in distress 90% of the movie :skully

24. Raniero wew ladd

There's no improving that catastrophe. Just rewrite her entire character.

Reminds me of Sakura in the original series.

25. Bontakun Plushy Mecha

Sakura was at her best when she was a dependable part of the village. When she stayed in the village and lead the medical team. That was great.

To make her even better, while also making the whole story better, she should've taken a leadership position in the Konoha forces, and redeemed the village from being self-serving assholes that cover up their disgusting past. She should've become a powerful general, commanding Konoha troops. Then she should have discovered the truth of the genocide, and then when she went to kill Sasuke that time, instead of being retarded and poisoning her teammates then suicidally approaching him alone, she should have lead her squad into successfully defeating both him and Danzo. Then she would execute Danzo on the spot. Then she could talk to him with the Konoha ninjas all around, and acknowledged that Konoha was also at fault for all this mess, and let him go this once.

This scene is crucially needed to make her a respectable character with willpower and ability that equals the two boys. It's also needed to redeem Konoha of its fucked up ways.

Kishi should've hired me to write the plot :ippy

26. AdamWiz The Great Katsuyu-sama

But in return she saves nardo and sauce's life multiple times. :zaru
    Pretty sure Sakura wouldn't forget that she can use her chakra to walk on walls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  27. Raniero wew ladd

Not nearly as many times as they saved her's.
    >also ignoring the handful of items Hinata saved Naruto

>deliberately ignoring she had her chakra drained not 5 minutes before
    Kek

28. AdamWiz The Great Katsuyu-sama

Most of their opponents are inhuman and too powerful. You can't deny that though.
    But, Sakura is one of the few characters that saved Naruto and Sasuke's life more than once.

:sauceskully

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  29. Raniero wew ladd

She's also the one character who they saved more times than anybody int he series despite being a "strong, independent woman".

Uh, not sure how that changes what I said, but alright. :lmao

30. AdamWiz The Great Katsuyu-sama

There's really nothing to argue about. Hinata simply is not fit to be the heroine. Sakura might not be as well but she's closer to being a heroine that your precious Hinata.

And in which part was her chakra drained? :giogio