1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Hulk(comic) vs Magneto(comic)

Discussion in 'Comics Battledome' started by Chas3265, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Chas3265

I was arguing with my friend about who would win. I don't know much about comics but my money is on Hulk. Also this fight is with the comic characters not the movies.

Tags:
  2. Havoc

Magneto could throw the Hulk into space.

3. CrazyMoronX

Magneto could throw Hulk into space, sure. But Hulk can thunderclap back.

Eventually, Magneto will get too tired to launch any sort of effective defense, and get his brain splattered.

4. Havoc

Magneto could absorb the Gamma Radiation out of the Hulks body:ninja

5. CrazyMoronX

I wonder how effective that would be, I'm sure he would just regenerate. Doesn't he radiate gamma?

6. unknowndanex

surfer drained his gamma radiation and he reverted back to banner knocked out and the fight was over. but i don't think mags can drain gamma radiation.

but i would give magneto the win. magneto using his powers to the best of his abilities could just blast hulk, assault him with weapons, augment his own strength to class 100 and beyond

here's some examples:

the true power of magneto:

deflected cosmic spidey's blast:
    x

he can reverse gravity when hulk gets near him
    Some smelly hobo (aka Justice)

amps his strength to break hercules' bear hug
    Some smelly hobo (aka Justice)

handling anvengers including she-hulk

mags should win

7. Hardjacket

How by the fly of his trousers? The Hulk is wearing nothing else thats metal.

8. Havoc

The iron in his blood, and a couple of other ways actually.

9. BRANCHEAD33

how. hulks not metal and even if did wrap something around him he would just tare it in two

and the whole iron in blood thing and throwing him is bull shit
    he only did that once in the movie. and a few times in the comics.

but when the hulk is running at him and he is scared shitless he probably would be to scared to think
    and it takes time and concentration

Magneto could absorb the Gamma Radiation out of the Hulks body

takes time

amps his strength to break hercules' bear hug

no one is stronger than hulk

hulk wins because of his resistance to pain healing factor

super agilit

strength

speed

etc

10. Gooba

Do you know what Magneto has been through? He doesn't get "scared shitless" just because some big green guy is running at him. He doesn't even get that way when an entire superhero team is attacking him, including big green/brown/silver guys.

11. BRANCHEAD33

he has super speed like 200 mph at most

the point is mags dies and gets tired he could throw him but the hulk would heal and come back

12. unknowndanex

did u look at any of the scans????????? mags can just alter hulk's gravity and do what he wants. he can't drain the radiation but he can mess with his physiology so that he can't increase in rage. he can actually go toe to toe with hulk for awhile if need be. u are horribly underestimating mags, and to give a reason that hulk doesn't have metal shows that u are only limiting magneto to magnetism. he controls the whole electromagnetic spectrum and can tap into the magnetosphere if need be. mags is like somewhere between alpha and omega level. of course in The End (non-canon) he had to be omega level running around creating wormholes.

13. BRANCHEAD33

um last time i checked hulk had mental resistance

go here

14. Havoc

You have no idea what you're talking about. Who said anything about attacking him telepathically?

You're entire post reeks of stupidity.

15. unknowndanex

um, what are u talking about. where is it that anyone said magneto would psychologically attack him, if u're referring to my comment i said "physiological".
    LOL.......u called it bullshit even though its in the comics? can you make a credible argument please because even though u're typing you haven't made any case for hulk that goes anything i've shown of magneto.

16. Chatulio

17. BRANCHEAD33

magneto could not touch his green ass

18. Giovanni Rild

Proof, Give it Famed poster who wields the Touch Of Fail

19. ZergKage

20. Tsukiyomi

Its been tried many times, anything magneto uses to pick up the Hulk can simply be thrown back at him by the Hulk who is much stronger. Plus I have doubts as to wether or not Magneto could lift the Hulk himself into space, let alone before Hulk hits him with some sonic thunderclaps.

Absorb gamma radiation, the most powerful radiation on the electromagnetic spectrum? Since when can Magneto absorb that?

21. Havoc

Magneto doesn't need anything to lift Hulk up, he could lift him up through the iron in his blood. Will the thunder clap affect Mags while in his forcefield? Besides I'm sure Hulk wouldn't start out by trying a thunderclap.

I wasn't sure on the absorbtion part...I was hoping someone would either prove it was possible or prove it false.:p

22. ZergKage

They're are 2 examples of sonics not getting through mags shields.

1. Banshee
    2. Dazzler

And i dont see why he couldnt drain Hulk

23. Shidoshi

He could also lift himself up diamagnetically, which, incidentally, is how he levitates himself and other non-ferromagnetic things like rocks and such.

It seems possible. I guess it would depend on whether or not the Hulk "bleeds" gamma radiation during his transformations...it would provide something for Magneto to electromagnetically siphon.

And Tsukuyomi, the entire electromagnetic spectrum is under Magneto's control. He can control visible light (turning Dazzler's power back on her and deflecting her photons), and other forms of electromagnetic radiation...like heat (infrared). He's melted a door by manipulating infrared energy to produce "heat".

Gamma radiation might be more difficult for him to manipulate, but as long as any form of energy has a magnetic field component, he can control it.

24. unknowndanex

he does have latent telepathy, xavier actually needed it before. he also located namor once with his mind

he can't absorb gamma radiation but he could affect hulk on a molecular level just like he did she-hulk.

also don't limit mags to throwing stuff at the hulk, the hulk is the one with the limitations here that just doesn't suit him well to take on mags. he can affect the levels of hulk's strength given off by rage (could reverse, never know its only speculation on that one). alter hulk's gravity, he has light energy attacks, heat energy attacks, along with any other energy in the electromagnetic spectrum. he can increase his power by tapping into the magnetosphere.

he can manipulate hulk with gravity and drop him in a fissure
    Link removed

here he is tearing people apart
    x

he is more than the master of magnetism, he's the man

25. omg laser pew pew!

Just a note but that was Joesph you had in one scan, though I know he is a clone of Magneto I thought that he doesn't place any limits on his magnetism control or is what he's doing something fairly simple?

26. unknowndanex

that was fairly simple for magneto. when u're running around connecting to everyone in the world through the magnetosphere, manipulated the earth's metals is nothing. he has raised islands, created earthquakes, and moved mountains.

and i'm sorry magneto has made a wormhole in canon, he did in Excalibur

27. Shidoshi

I don't think it's actually telepathy...I think he can just magnetically control psions (psionic energy) like he can an electron, which is how he has some level of telepathic resistance (against normal telepaths, not like those on the level of Xavier and Phoenix and above).

He may not be able to absorb gamma energy into his body, but he can siphon it out of Banner and divert it into the upper atmosphere.

Magneto's essentially the Unified Field Theory personified.

28. Tsukiyomi

Regardless, Hulk is extremely resistant to mental attacks. Cosmic beings like the shaper of worlds have had difficulty with his mind.

Do you have a specific issue or scan where that happened? Also, how exactly did he "affect her on a molecular level", that could mean anything, what did he do give her a rash?

Not to mention that She-hulk and Hulk aren't even in the same realm in terms of power, she is an insect by comparison. The Hulk is the strongest of all Gamma mutants.

Can affect the levels of Hulk's strength given off by rage? How exactly could he do that?

Light energy attacks? Heat energy attacks? Ok, what exactly is that going to do to the Hulk that nuclear weapons failed to do?

Drop him into a fissure? Ok, then what? The Hulk's had mountains dropped on him and been fine.

Even if he could do that (given Hulk's durability) the Hulk could just regenerate from it.

29. Hardjacket

Hulks strength is nearly incomprehensible even to magneto. It would be a hell of a match up. The only thing that I can see keeping Hulk at bay, is Magneto's electromag shield. The Iron in the blood argument doesn't work because accumulated the blood Iron would weigh 20-30 kgs in a giant like the Hulk magneto could rip a big hole in him with that, but Hulk can be stripped nearly to bare bone and regenerate nearly immeadiately. That amount is cirtainly not enough to lift him up, hulk would counter that with his strength.

Changing the Hulk physiology would result in disaster for magneto. Everytime banner has tried to 'entrap' himself as the Hulk and remove the entity of the Hulk it has all gone horribly wrong, normally with Hulk smashing things while in a terrible rage. Plus the Hulks regeneration powers would reverse any change that magneto makes (making him angrier and stronger in the process). She-Hulk has no or very little regeneration ability compared to hulk, leaving Magneto to have his way with her in the molecular control respect.

Reversing the gravity would be a handy way for magneto to escape, because all it would do is make Hulk float off into space (which he can handle) and Hulk can generate tremendous repulsive forces by sonic clapping that would place him squarly next to Magneto, long before he got near space, or he could aim his sonic clap towards Magneto and break every bone in his body.

Finally Magneto has one crucial flaw, vunerability. The more injured he gets the weaker he gets, especially his secondary powers. The more you hurt Hulk the stronger he gets, supporting near infinate strength, i.e his strength on earth can be described as limitless.

So far magnetos only effective weapons against Hulk are his secondary powers, like physiology or gravity change so the strength of these skills is questionable at best. I still say Hulk ftw, but I'm intrested in the gamma radiation adsorption. In Mags defence I can't see any reason why he couldn't adsorb gamma radiation, it is part of the EM spectrum, albeit a dangerous one, Mags can still be hurt by fallout, he has just shielded himself from the effects before (nuc. bomb defence). If he can absorb gamma then an angry hulk will revert to a sleeping Bruce Banner.

30. unknowndanex

i never said he would use mental attacks, someone asked a question and i answered
    wow, i provided the scan already but ok.
    here is preventing she-hulk from reversing course in her blood, while doing other things

actually i was referring to mags versatility. about hulk's rage. he can reverse the process if he wanted to as he was doing to she-hulk, by effecting adrenaline through blood iron levels to the brain.

ummmmmmm, as in dropping him to the core of the earth

as far as being torn apart is concerned, it could take about 30 minutes for hulk to finish regenerating from that, thats called a loss. i doubt mags will stand there and watch hulk regenerate.

depending on the writer, but consistently if he was ripped apart or had a hole blown through him he could take minutes to heal. mags could do it in the beginning of the fight when hulk's rage levels aren't high enough to regenerate as quickly. mags does have a lot of knowledge on the hulk with his intellect, he is a master strategist as well. in the secret wars with hulk and everyone else around him he admitted that his only match was Thor.

silver surfer reversed his process and it put him to banner mode. he did not get angrier or stronger, he was a knocked out banner

magneto can alter his gravity and control it at the same time meaning he can just hold up hulk and do what he wants. and a thunderclap will not break through mags field, it has taken shots from Galactus with no problem.
    ok and i can say hulk does have the smarts of strategy. mags could just have his field up and do whatever he wants. absorb power from the magnetosphere if he wants or from electrical sources. he absorbed storm's lightning before. mags has already met hercules and won. he can get down with the strongest in marvel and hulk is no acception. he get angrier all he wants but by the time that happens mags would have already ended the match.

magneto's gravity alteration can go up to 500 ft around him and he does it without much problem. don't forget if he does decide to take hulk to space, he could go up there as well and deal more damage to him as well. this is the thing with mags gettin him to space and what i argued against supes doing it......mags doesn't have to touch hulk to take him to space and mags can survive in space as well.

no making this a way of beating hulk, but here's xavier mentioning mags latent mental powers