1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

Voting for the first Konoha Country Club Poetry Competition is live!

Please check out the Entries here.

Place your votes in the 1st Choice Vote thread here and the 2nd Choice Vote thread here.

-- NarutoForums Staff

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Human Optics

Discussion in 'Meta Battledome' started by ~Shin~, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ~Shin~ Spectacular Insanity

If any of you are experts on human optics, I need some help. I want to know how fast does the human eye register a stimulus and how fast would one have to go to be completely invisible to a average human's eye?

I made this in the Meta Battledome because this is to calculate some speed.

Tags:
  2. ez Jesus Christ

We register things at the speed of/in 50 milliseconds

3. Wobbly Active Member

Well, electrical signals that run through the body, to and from the brain, go at a several hundred mph(I don't know the exact number).

So, with that knowledge, one can assume that an object would have to be moving at about that speed to be "invisible".

4. blacklusterseph004 ah, made you look ...

That's not such a straight-forward question. The majority of what determines your sense of sight is done by the brain. Your brain is only using a fraction of the information that your eye is actually picking up. Through training people can bias what part of the total information is used more heavily. For instance, someone who requires fast reaction times like a sportsman would have his brain biased to using more of the movement info that the eye picks up instead of say colour information. Similarly, an artist's brain would be biased to use more of the ranging and proportioning info that the eye picks up.