1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Hunter x Hunter Chapter 390 Spoilers/Discussion

Discussion in 'Hunter x Hunter' started by Ukoku, Nov 20, 2018.

1. snakeeater Well-Known Member

10 chapters because that's how many chapters a volume has, so he's basically putting out a volume's worth of chapters every time he comes back.

It's actually the other way around; the hiatus is what allows him to not overwork himself like he did with Yu Yu Hakusho.

Read this:

2. Keishin Well-Known Member

Interesting chapter dealing with mob stuff from couple different standpoints.

3. Yasha Procreate

^^Good read.

So-called geniuses typically have certain extent of obsessive compulsive behaviour about the things they excel in. So I can understand Togashi’s insistence on drawing the manga by himself and his frustration when he can't steer the manga in the direction he wants due to intervention from Jump’s editor. I also respect his view that work as a mangaka does not constitute the entirety of his life and he wants to indulge himself in other things such as mahjong, video game and girl bands. But I am still going to strangle him if he fails to deliver with an epic Dark Continent arc.

4. Yasha Procreate

How does Zhang Lei know 3 Princes are dead? No ones knows about Kacho's death.

5. ZE E?E

he can still publish the volumes if he does more than 10 chapters. If he makes 12 chapters one time and then 14 the next time, then we'll be getting 6 more chapters in a year. Then you'd only need 4 more chapters and you'd get a volume worth of content.

And I know all about Togashi and how tired he gets by doing his job. But it sure wouldn't kill him to do 1 or 2 more chapters. He's capable of more, he just chooses not to do it.

6. snakeeater Well-Known Member

Nah, putting out a volume's worth is fine.

And if Togashi were to release 12 chapters, then you'd probably complain about the same thing. "Well, if he put out 12 chapters, then he could do 2 more."

7. Pyriz The Magician

This week's author comment looks promising

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. root eltiT resU motsuC

You have clearly never been burnt out from overworking.

9. B Rabbit OL's Best

I hate the Hiatus.

I don't think he's lazy.

There is a difference.

I don't think his work ethics less than Oda. However he is much older than Oda. By a good decade iirc. Mangaka all have a hard job. We saw how Oda half way through One Piece started to have health problems. The mangaka life is unhealthy.

I still hate the hiatus. Though not because the author. It is just a sad circumstance.

10. Kellogem Well-Known Member

I would consider the amount of effort put into drawing a page as well thought...

lets be honest, half of the pages are just typed words, other half are what wouldnt pass for sketches for other mangaka.. his drawings are not exactly detailed to put it mildly.

unless he draws just THAT much more slower, its hard to determine but Id say the effort put into just the drawing of an average HxH chapter should be like 1/4th of any other shounen I read, or less - just based on things like amount of lines, background, shading, details...etc not even talking about how well he draws.

11. Keishin Well-Known Member

The genius plotting of events like the kacho and fugetsu chapter is what he spends his time on ...

12. snakeeater Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. Intus Legere ̣#TeamHisoka

It's been some time since these days. The last chapter before the hiatus, for instance, was very detailed. Halk facing Nasubi was also a pretty detailed scene.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  14. the_notorious_Z.É. The Pirate Prime minister

I wouldn't mind a weekly sized chapter once a month, would be better than this never ending hiatus.