1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Hunter x Hunter

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by BartXP, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BartXP

This is a really good one imho :)
    But does anyone know when new anime will be released? I was told it could take a couple of years, just like the breaks between the TV series and the OVA's..
    Anyway, I really like the plot and characters. Anyone else watches this anime?

Tags:
  2. BigR

I just finished watching it all....and I want more! It's such a simple show, but it somehow keeps me watching and wanting more. I'm ready to resume the story after the G.I Final with the manga...

3. C0m37

yes... HXH.... cool.... best sound affect ever.... BONK!

no seriously.... read the manga... 221 is out... Bugs.. ewwww...

4. Uchiha^Sasuke

Hunter X Hunter is just awesome! One of the greatest ever! The characters are all very cute and adorable and just make you like them :) I hope the OVA 4 series will be released in the next couple of months cause I really wanna see the things in the manga! It's gonna get quite interesting, that's for sure! Nice to know there're other HxH fans here ;)

5. AnimeSource

I have read somewhere that there will come a sequel on the Tv serie SO a new tv serie of HxH wil be released somewhere in 2006, 2007 :eek: that's to long for me to wait :( Btw; The anime/manga Rulezz

6. BigR

You know, for the longest time, I thought Kurapika was a chick...no kidding. In fact, I'd still put money on "him" being a chick!

7. Code

Hunter X Hunter is great, I'm up to date in the manga(well on Chapter 221 not sure if any further has been released) and saw all of GI OVAs and the anime sreies up to 32.

8. Uchiha^Sasuke

Hah same here. Only after the Ryodan arc did I realise he was actually a boy. It was really hard to tell before that.

9. Penfoud

The best anime ever created, can't say more than that.

10. Uchiha^Sasuke

You'll find everything here : Link removed
    First watch the TV series, then the OVA's

11. Lizbet

Haven't seen the anime but the manga's awesome! And I thought Kurapica was a girl too only then they said "he" when referring to him so I realized. (Plus doesn't he have a largely shirtless moment somewhere? Or have I seen too much fanart?)

12. dspr8_rugged

I'm currently watching the Greed Island OVAs (1st, 2nd and 3rd OVA's up to Episode 12). From what I heard, this chapter hasn't been finished yet. Any idea how many episodes are there in total? And if newer episodes are available?

13. Nakor

All the GI OVAs have been completed. The last GI Final episode came out not too long ago. there is no more HxH after the GI Final series which is the 3rd OVA series

14. TheAM

Killua is so fucking cool,, i have just begun to see hxh ! but its so fucking cool and it?s very similar to naruto

15. Penfoud

In what way is Killua similar to Naruto? In anyway Killua is my favourite character in HxH. ^^

Edit: Oh. I re-read your post, I thought you wrote that Killua is similar to Naruto. ;P Gomen.

16. TheAM

np,, but at least i get the naruto "feeling" when i watch hxh.. yeah killua is my favourite character too =)

17. ~K+

Yup, he's shirtless with chains on one of the manga volumn covers.

My favourite character is 'Hisoka', followed by Irumi who doesn't get much screentime.

And love the intro scenes, but I only like the TV series up to the end of the first OVA (in other words, before G.I starts).

18. Uchiha^Sasuke

Hisoka is just awesome! One of the best anime characters ever! Killua and Gon are my favorites though :)

19. dspr8_rugged

Hisoka is a psycho. Not to mention, he sounds gay. :D

But I have to say that he is the one that brings interest to the series. The series could had been boring without someone like him.

20. TheAM

yeah.. but he?s strange in a sort of way

21. Uchiha^Sasuke

His oddity is his best feature :) I started to like him that much after the end of the second OVA series. The dogdeball play was magnificent :)

22. Penfoud

Most characters in HxH are really interesting, they all have a different past, and you can see the evolve too, which you can't in a lot of animes.

23. ~K+

I liked Hisoka from the beginning, I wonder what was the reason for the change of hair colour though, I thought he looked more interesting with that teal green hair than the red.

His fight with Kuropika in the Hunter Exam was awesome too.

True alot of characters in HxH are very interesting, especially those from Ryodan. Pity Togashi reveals a teeny bit of each and sort of just...leaves it at that.

I re-watched OVA1 the other night and I must say I've got to add Paku as another one of my favourites.

24. IonDragon

i love hxh! :D.. its similuar to naruto

btw.. Gon's voice is the same voice as Naruto :)

25. ~K+

Really? That's an interesting tidbit, I actually find Naruto's voice kind of annoying though. -_-

26. Penfoud

Gon has the same voice actor as Naruto, yes, but it's not the same "annoying" voice, it's calmer, or how I should express it.

27. Uchiha^Sasuke

I really Killua's brother as well. He's the scariest of them all :)

28. dspr8_rugged

Damn, I knew it! :D

It is not that obvious though because Gon doesn't have the "-tebayo" suffix in his lines. :D

By the way , if someone knows the answer to the question, please do answer it. I'll greatly appreciate it:

How many episodes (in total) does the Greed Island Final OVA have? Oh yeah, also include the total number of episodes of the whole series (before the OVAs).

Thanks.

29. Aisukurimu

Takehashi Junko is really talented (seiyuu for Naruto/Gon), and was mostly what lead me to get excited about the anime went it was first announced to come out because I heard that she was voice acting Naruto. And the anime in turn was what really got me _into_ Naruto; before when just reading the manga it was just a time killer.

Hunter X Hunter was the source of all my anime/manga fanaticisms, a few years ago I saw it on TV in Taiwan and then I got hooked. Went out and rented all the eps and watched them all in like 3 days (which is crazy because it meant I spent about 10 hours or more watching it per day). Killua is my favourite character, he's so cute but sooooo evil.

I have a bunch of HxH goodies, I was in Taiwan when HunterXHunter was at it's prime. Meaning HxH _everywhere_.

It's too bad Togashi-sensei's health is declining and leading to lower quality drawings for Jump. It leads people to believe that it's the same in the printed book (which it's not, the manga books are just as nice as before; he either re-draws them or add in more stuff) and less and less people are buying it.

The bug arc happening right now is a little weird though, I must admit.

As for the shirtless scenes, there's at least one for every leading character. Off the top of my head, I can think of Killua, Kurapica, Gon, Leorio, and Hisoka shirtless (and a Hisoka full body nude; whoa there).

30. ~K+

I'm not sure about the OVAs since I didn't watch it all, but the TV Series had 62 episodes if I remembered correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.